Concert tickets for sale or swap

Started by Hoof Hearted, May 22, 2012, 07:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Ticketmaster must have sold a load in presales as there was hardly any tickets left for general sale this morning.
No way there's that many Coldplay fans in Ireland!
Anyway it's a long time between now and August/September 2024 and I think you can't sell/transfer the tickets until closer to the time so hopefully karma ends up getting anyone who bought hoping to sell on for profit.

yellowcard

It's the usual FOMO event junkie nonsense then loads of tickets become available for sale closer to the event. I can't imagine 320k Coldplay fans exist in Ireland.

clonian

Quote from: yellowcard on July 28, 2023, 02:30:45 PM
It's the usual FOMO event junkie nonsense then loads of tickets become available for sale closer to the event. I can't imagine 320k Coldplay fans exist in Ireland.

How much crossover is there between the Garth Brooks and Coldplay fans?

tyrone08

Quote from: clarshack on July 28, 2023, 10:54:43 AM
Ticketmaster must have sold a load in presales as there was hardly any tickets left for general sale this morning.
No way there's that many Coldplay fans in Ireland!
Anyway it's a long time between now and August/September 2024 and I think you can't sell/transfer the tickets until closer to the time so hopefully karma ends up getting anyone who bought hoping to sell on for profit.

Clearly there is. I know a right few young ones who were mad to get tickets. Coldplay attract people who like their music and ones who like the show they put on.

No point in complaining about people selling tickets for a higher price. Im sure you have sold a car or some other item for a higher price than you bought it for at some somestage. Concerts are no different.

AustinPowers

To be honest,  it's the same  now with  GAA matches.

The amount of  people I heard that went  to Garth brooks last year  despite not even liking his  music was unbelievable .  People have to   be seen going to events , posting on Facebook, showing the world how  great their  life is. There's something  seriously demented about that

Captain Obvious

Their album 20 years ago rush of blood to the head likely had that amount of sales on this island.

Tony Baloney

Been thinking this myself. It's definitely getting worse and I can only presume is being fuelled by social media. Watch any concert on TV and you see how many watch it through their phone screens. It's a serious condition which Ireland seems to suffer from worse than others. Travel seems to be the same. A bimbo in work seems to go on holiday based on where "influencers" post their photos from.

Wildweasel74

Can't understand the big rush for Coldplay, few good songs the height of it, bit like Gareth Brooks last year, Irish people do lose the run of themselves when certain acts come over. Then listen to the hotel industry talk about poverty then bleed people dry for football or gigs,

tintin25

Gauranteed that come the time of the concerts there'll be a pile of people selling unwanted tickets - it was the same for Garth Brooks.  Gone are the days that people are prepared to pay stupid money for these type of concerts.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 29, 2023, 11:42:15 AM
Can't understand the big rush for Coldplay, few good songs the height of it, bit like Gareth Brooks last year, Irish people do lose the run of themselves when certain acts come over. Then listen to the hotel industry talk about poverty then bleed people dry for football or gigs,
A lot i can imagine will be selling their tickets once they see the price of accommodation.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 28, 2023, 08:00:39 PM
Been thinking this myself. It's definitely getting worse and I can only presume is being fuelled by social media. Watch any concert on TV and you see how many watch it through their phone screens. It's a serious condition which Ireland seems to suffer from worse than others. Travel seems to be the same. A bimbo in work seems to go on holiday based on where "influencers" post their photos from.

It's all about the TikTok!! Would do your loaf in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Yellow and Trouble  I liked.  A couple from second album  sort of listenable. After that,  forget it.  Fix You was the  end for me . Awful  song, with awful lyrics.

Anything I've heard from them from  about 05  sounds like  music you'd hear in Poundland .  And the more  they churn out  terrible music the more  it taints their earlier stuff for me

tbrick18

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 29, 2023, 06:37:02 PM

Yellow and Trouble  I liked.  A couple from second album  sort of listenable. After that,  forget it.  Fix You was the  end for me . Awful  song, with awful lyrics.

Anything I've heard from them from  about 05  sounds like  music you'd hear in Poundland .  And the more  they churn out  terrible music the more  it taints their earlier stuff for me

Agreed.
I think the songs all sound the same(ish).

I like a good concert as much as the next man, but would I f*ck spend hundreds of hard earned money to go and stand on a pitch to see anyone play. The prices are just extortionate if you ask me and I don't care who's playing, no way would I be spending over 100 on a ticket.
Then take into account travel/accomodation costs.

The hotel/b&b industry is really ripping the back side out of everyone too, not a chance from me anyway.

Maybe I'm just a miserable auld sod.

imtommygunn

Are concerts the same worldwide? I have read in a few places that they're not so who is taking the money over here?

toby47

Anyone ever been to a concert at 3 Arena premium level? Worth paying the extra if I have the option/what does it include?