Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorShields26

Quote from: God14 on October 18, 2022, 12:52:53 PM
Quote from: TirEoghainGael on October 18, 2022, 12:44:52 PM
Quote from: Moonshine on October 18, 2022, 06:38:18 AM
Quote from: TirEoghainGael on October 18, 2022, 03:55:01 AM
Just thinking of errigal. That point given from D. Canavan was definitely wide from my view.
P. Teague probably best player in the pitch and I still can't believe D&L played him at corner back against Armagh. Should be a shoe in for wing back for the county. Thought young Mcgarrity was excellent against Clonoe but the rest of their forward line was lackluster. If he plays that well agaisnt errigal their ulster club could be in jeopardy.

Definitely best squad in ulster. Probably looking at an All Ireland run. It would make a great final them vs kilmacud. Kilcoo weak this year. Slaughtneil be lucky to even win Derry. Cross and cargin aren't up to it. Donegal champs uselsss. Ballybay and gowna will be on the drink for weeks. It'll be between enniskillen gaels and errigal for ulster. Forget about anyone else.
Such tripe talking about ulster clubs again. Both Errigal and Carrickmore would be more than happy with a tyrone title. As for the was it wasn't it a point the view to know whether it was a point or not was the umpire. It evens it self out over course of game as their was one in first half that wasn't given when it was over. Teague good footballer he was hung out to dry against armagh. Have to say I was very impressed Sunday with mc carron the full back for dromore. To me he is county standard
Can we not talk of a great team and their potential? Errigal the best squad on paper in ulster by my eyes so sureley worth talking about.

how have they the best squad in paper in Ulster?? thats a very lazy statement. Peter Harte & the Canavans are excellent yes, but there is some serious drop off afterwards.

WT4E

Obviously a bit of shithousing going on here but Errigal do have a serious squad when you consider the amount of county representation they have between youth and senior.

Even if they may get a soft pick or two you have to be a really good footballer to survive in that environment I would imagine and it should obviously improve your game.

square_ball

Whatever about people being on the wind up about Errigal winning Ulster, at least they don't fold and lie down when they do get into Ulster unlike most Tyrone teams.

God14

Quote from: WT4E on October 18, 2022, 01:19:02 PM
Obviously a bit of shithousing going on here but Errigal do have a serious squad when you consider the amount of county representation they have between youth and senior.

Even if they may get a soft pick or two you have to be a really good footballer to survive in that environment I would imagine and it should obviously improve your game.

They have 7 current panelists. Scratch the surface on that
GK - McAnenley. Despite being 30 odd year old hasnt ever started a game that wasnt Mckenna cup match for Tyrone.
Defence - Niall kelly - managed to start an ulster final due to covid ravaged absences, he hasnt appeared since (despite playing well) he must have max 2 senior championship appearances
Midfield - ben mcdonnell. County panelist for 4 seasons. yet to nail down a place. Has never convinced me. In fact i wouldnt have him near a tyrone panel.
Joe Oguz - 1 mckenna cup appearance.
Ruairi - obviously an absolute star - but he has yet to make his senior intercounty debut
Darragh - exciting player but yet to nail down a starting place in the county side after at least 3 full seasons.
That leaves Peter Harte who is a genuine A lister.

the rest of the panel is hardly something special either. There were no tears on the county thread when aidan mccrory retired, or ciaran mcginley jetted off to the middle east for work.

I think Errigal will win the county championhip, but to suggest they have one of the best squads in Ulster is complete nonsense. This will become all the more apparent when they bump into Slaughneil or Glen Wattys.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: God14 on October 18, 2022, 01:46:55 PM

GK - McAnenley. Despite being 30 odd year old hasnt ever started a game that wasnt Mckenna cup match for Tyrone.
Defence - Niall kelly - managed to start an ulster final due to covid ravaged absences, he hasnt appeared since (despite playing well) he must have max 2 senior championship appearances
Midfield - ben mcdonnell. County panelist for 4 seasons. yet to nail down a place. Has never convinced me. In fact i wouldnt have him near a tyrone panel.
Ruairi - obviously an absolute star - but he has yet to make his senior intercounty debut
Darragh - exciting player but yet to nail down a starting place in the county side after at least 3 full seasons.

the rest of the panel is hardly something special either. There were no tears on the county thread when aidan mccrory retired, or ciaran mcginley jetted off to the middle east for work.

I think Errigal will win the county championhip, but to suggest they have one of the best squads in Ulster is complete nonsense. This will become all the more apparent when they bump into Slaughneil or Glen Wattys.

Bit harsh on their squad there. The two Canavans are two of the best forwards in Tyrone and as good as anything most teams in Ulster have. Aidan McRory despite all the criticism is still one of the best defenders in Tyrone and has proved it again this year. Joe Oguz hasnt featured for Tyrone yet but is young and started midfield on an u20 ulster winning team. Tommy Canavan and Mark Kavanagh werent mentioned and both started at 11 on all Ireland winning u21 county teams.

They've a very strong squad and although I'd be surprised if they won ulster this year I'd still imagine they'd give the Derry champs a game if get that far.

Under Lights

Surprised you could see the screen to type this out through your salty tears.

Aidy has put the myth of Paul Donaghy to bed.

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on October 18, 2022, 02:29:53 PM

LOL I have to say i'm no big Errigal Fan but that post from God14 is up there with the best in terms of biasedness

LeoMc

Quote from: TirEoghainGael on October 18, 2022, 12:44:52 PM
Quote from: Moonshine on October 18, 2022, 06:38:18 AM
Quote from: TirEoghainGael on October 18, 2022, 03:55:01 AM
Just thinking of errigal. That point given from D. Canavan was definitely wide from my view.
P. Teague probably best player in the pitch and I still can't believe D&L played him at corner back against Armagh. Should be a shoe in for wing back for the county. Thought young Mcgarrity was excellent against Clonoe but the rest of their forward line was lackluster. If he plays that well agaisnt errigal their ulster club could be in jeopardy.

Such tripe talking about ulster clubs again. Both Errigal and Carrickmore would be more than happy with a tyrone title. As for the was it wasn't it a point the view to know whether it was a point or not was the umpire. It evens it self out over course of game as their was one in first half that wasn't given when it was over. Teague good footballer he was hung out to dry against armagh. Have to say I was very impressed Sunday with mc carron the full back for dromore. To me he is county standard
Can we not talk of a great team and their potential? Errigal the best squad on paper in ulster by my eyes so sureley worth talking about.
Well if they can get past Carrickmore and the Ulster Council decides to play the Club championship on paper they have a great chance. ::)

outsideoftheboot

Hello Mr Teague tell us what you really think.

I think you could be over critical of their panel. They have come through a difficult side with only playing 1 game of good football. The other 2 games they had to grind out. As for the names mentioned above 5 of them was named on the all Ireland winning panel with 3 of them featuring in the final out of a total 18 players players was it?

Although in saying that, if Eoin McCusker was still about to spring from the bench like what Colm McCullagh done last year i believe it could have been enough to make the difference last 10.

trailer

Given EC is basically 4 clubs amalgamated they should win the lion share of Championships. Their recent record has been very poor for a "Super Club"

Under Lights

Quote from: trailer on October 19, 2022, 09:48:54 AM

Given EC is basically 4 clubs amalgamated they should win the lion share of Championships. Their recent record has been very poor for a "Super Club"

Congratulations on winning history trailer

RedHand88

From one bad game??

general_lee

Quote from: trailer on October 19, 2022, 09:48:54 AM

What clubs make up errigal?

Christmas Lights

Glencull, Garvaghy,  Altamuskin, Ballygawley, sixmilecross, I maybe missing another few locations.  Parts of Beragh as well maybe,  oh and maybe some of Eskra.

Edit, I somehow omitted Dunmoyle, it's nearly impossible to remember them all

TirEoghainGael

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 19, 2022, 10:38:50 PM
Glencull, Garvaghy,  Altamuskin, Ballygawley, sixmilecross, I maybe missing another few locations.  Parts of Beragh as well maybe,  oh and maybe some of Eskra.

Edit, I somehow omitted Dunmoyle, it's nearly impossible to remember them all
The county board should organise  a divisional county championship like kerry. Could have errigal, east Tyrone, north Tyrone, south Tyrone etc. Maybe Omagh could have a team on their own also. Was thinking who should mark Conor glass , oguz or McDonnell likely.