Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 01, 2018, 11:10:13 AM
Aside from manager salarys. I know the season is yet to be finished but have any managers parted company with their club already? Not sure on Munroes stance with Carmen if i'm honest.. Be surprised if he's chooses to continue into next year!

I believe Raymond has stepped down stating time commitment as the reason.  Not sure who will get the job know but i do thing we should keep it in house.  Big rebuilding process required so time has to be given to whoever gets it.  The youth is there so i am optimistic.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on November 01, 2018, 12:26:46 PM
Aside from manager salarys. I know the season is yet to be finished but have any managers parted company with their club already? Not sure on Munroes stance with Carmen if i'm honest.. Be surprised if he's chooses to continue into next year!
Change of management in Dromore already in place.

Who are the new men in?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

stalwart

I forgot local expert that john Lynch travels from the derg for nothing

GJL

Hard luck Local Expert. Winning a Tyrone Championship takes a good team and maybe a bit of luck but winning in the Ulster Championship is a different story all together.

rrhf

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 02, 2018, 10:20:10 AM

I believe Raymond has stepped down stating time commitment as the reason.  Not sure who will get the job know but i do thing we should keep it in house.  Big rebuilding process required so time has to be given to whoever gets it.  The youth is there so i am optimistic.
Cassidy would be in the crosshairs no doubt.

WT4E

Hard to Coalisland yesterday no shame in losing a tight game to Cross.... Could have went either way by looks of twitter.

How did soviet unionist play?  ;D

Localexpert

Quote from: stalwart on November 03, 2018, 08:51:18 PM
I forgot local expert that john Lynch travels from the derg for nothing

At most got diesel and fed.  Best mates with Hagan not a hope is he making money out of it!

Quote from: GJL on November 03, 2018, 09:24:56 PM
Hard luck Local Expert. Winning a Tyrone Championship takes a good team and maybe a bit of luck but winning in the Ulster Championship is a different story all together.

Need more luck in that mine field after you use up your luck getting out of Tyrone.  But in saying that I'd fancy our chances if we played as a parish and had peter the great playing as well  ;)

Localexpert

Quote from: WT4E on November 04, 2018, 11:29:59 AM
Hard to Coalisland yesterday no shame in losing a tight game to Cross.... Could have went either way by looks of twitter.

The referees decision to send off both Brian toner (2xyellows one for apparently saying "f**k sake referee that was a foul" during play) and eoin hampsey (straight red for verbal exchange with cross player after a rib tickler from the cross player) at more or less the same time is without doubt the worst decisions I have ever witnessed.  That resulted in 20minutes down 2 players on a bad pitch which killed our legs in the last 5 minutes!

Throw ball

Quote from: Localexpert on November 04, 2018, 04:30:39 PM

The referees decision to send off both Brian toner (2xyellows one for apparently saying "f**k sake referee that was a foul" during play) and eoin hampsey (straight red for verbal exchange with cross player after a rib tickler from the cross player) at more or less the same time is without doubt the worst decisions I have ever witnessed.  That resulted in 20minutes down 2 players on a bad pitch which killed our legs in the last 5 minutes!

From all discussion after match Hampsey got what he deserved from referee. Some laugh Tyrone people saying it was a bad pitch. Pitch was firm as usual and we are in November! I felt the 3 double yellow sendings off were all harsh but all 3 players made reckless challenges when they were already on yellows. Brian should have known better than  say anything to a referee. He may seem harsh but the referee is within his rights to card him. In hindsight he would have been better off getting black.

For those interested bbc ni has highlights online.

omagh_gael

We beat Stewartstown by 2 but should have been much more. We were right and wasteful in front of the posts and missed a penalty too. Stewartstown could have nicked a draw at the end too only for a great save to tip a certain goal over the bar.

Gortin beat by Dungannon leaves a Lough v Dungannon playoff final. Should be a good tight game. Anyone at Dungannon game?

Aghyaran v Pomeroy ends in a draw with replay to come. Why wasn't there extra time there? What a crock of shite.

Double D

Was at Tattyreagh today to watch the Beragh and Eskra playoff game. Poor stuff on show. Beragh won by 4. Rodgers ran the show. But think they will struggle next time out as don't think the Aghaloo management will be as niave to give him a free role without anyone marking him. Eskra have regressed badly.  If the Down county board were present they'd be wondering what they've hired as Eskra looked unfit and utterly clueless. Seriously bad year for Eskra failing on all 3 fronts to get promotion given they were early season favourites to get up

square_ball

They play Kildress now in the play off. Is Beattie in with tally on the down management?

WT4E

Quote from: Double D on November 04, 2018, 05:41:25 PM
Was at Tattyreagh today to watch the Beragh and Eskra playoff game. Poor stuff on show. Beragh won by 4. Rodgers ran the show. But think they will struggle next time out as don't think the Aghaloo management will be as niave to give him a free role without anyone marking him. Eskra have regressed badly.  If the Down county board were present they'd be wondering what they've hired as Eskra looked unfit and utterly clueless. Seriously bad year for Eskra failing on all 3 fronts to get promotion given they were early season favourites to get up

Who the f**k is this guy???? You moron.

Localexpert

Quote from: Throw ball on November 04, 2018, 04:38:41 PM

From all discussion after match Hampsey got what he deserved from referee. Some laugh Tyrone people saying it was a bad pitch. Pitch was firm as usual and we are in November! I felt the 3 double yellow sendings off were all harsh but all 3 players made reckless challenges when they were already on yellows. Brian should have known better than  say anything to a referee. He may seem harsh but the referee is within his rights to card him. In hindsight he would have been better off getting black.

So what did he do to get what he deserved?  I can only go by what the players' opinion on the pitch but it looked bad to me.  November or not the best pitches are in good shape all year round.  Brian toner said it as a foul happened a complete spur of the moment thing the ref actually gave the free for it and then yellowed him... unreal.  On the second yellow he actually got a partial block on the ball. On hampsey if a player verbally threatens or abuses a player or official it's a black card at most!  The ref gave him a straight red!

Throw ball

Quote from: Localexpert on November 04, 2018, 08:02:57 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on November 04, 2018, 04:38:41 PM

So what did he do to get what he deserved?  I can only go by what the players' opinion on the pitch but it looked bad to me.  November or not the best pitches are in good shape all year round.  Brian toner said it as a foul happened a complete spur of the moment thing the ref actually gave the free for it and then yellowed him... unreal.  On the second yellow he actually got a partial block on the ball. On hampsey if a player verbally threatens or abuses a player or official it's a black card at most!  The ref gave him a straight red!

Check the rule book. A red card is issued if it is considered serious enough. The pitch is in good shape. Maybe a bit sandy.

As for Brian Toner. He is experienced enough to know that if he says something the referee can card him. Harsh. Probably. But again it is in the rules and you cannot blame a referee for applying the rules. For what it is worth I feel he was unlucky with second yellow. Tackle was only marginally late and a quiet word from the referee would have done.