"fifty Dead Men Walking"

Started by gerry, September 29, 2008, 09:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 10:00:44 PM
Who mentioned 50% of the IRA being touts?

By the way, did you ever get those statistics for the claim that the old IRA killed many more innocents than the provisional IRA?
You did. Or at least that's what it sounds like in your last post.

Sure those half naked men (or Jean McConville) dragged down country lanes should have kept their mouths shut minded their own business like you and your family and they would have never suffered, according to your logic.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Point of information:

A pacifist would never condone violence against elephants.

Therefore he would never live in an ivory tower.

********* Muppet grabs coat and makes a run for it ****
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

I see there I wrote "half of them". Right - I should have known I was dealing with such literists.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 03, 2010, 10:07:34 PM
Sure those half naked men (or Jean McConville) dragged down country lanes should have kept their mouths shut minded their own business like you and your family and they would have never suffered.

I fixed that for you - according to your opinion.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 10:13:09 PM
I see there I wrote "half of them". Right - I should have known I was dealing with such literists.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 03, 2010, 10:07:34 PM
Sure those half naked men (or Jean McConville) dragged down country lanes should have kept their mouths shut minded their own business like you and your family and they would have never suffered.

I fixed that for you - according to your opinion.

Not my opinion at all but it is yours, you said so in one of your previous posts.  Sounds like you're a bit confused. 

Nally Stand

You puck, you said "half of them" were running to MI5. Half is 50%. And I was referring to an interview I seen several years ago with Tim Pat C (to my recollection) who referred to how the % of innocents killed by the PIRA compares favourably with that of the Old IRA/IRB & with most armed groups in any conflict for that matter. Interestingly, the brit army in the north had a percentage almost three times higher than the IRA and loyalists was something like 93% innocent victims.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Puckoon

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 03, 2010, 10:22:59 PM
You puck, you said "half of them" were running to MI5. Half is 50%. And I was referring to an interview I seen several years ago with Tim Pat C (to my recollection) who referred to how the % of innocents killed by the PIRA compares favourably with that of the Old IRA/IRB & with most armed groups in any conflict for that matter. Interestingly, the brit army in the north had a percentage almost three times higher than the IRA and loyalists was something like 93% innocent victims.
Concrete evidence there. Another case solved.

Puckoon

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 03, 2010, 10:22:59 PM

Do you have any statistics to back this up again?

I know Donagh/Ulick doesnt value the CAIN reporting, and theres been a thread on here before, but those claims are laughable.

Nally Stand

But let's keep talking about the IRA anyway eh. And I did take the "half of them" literally. I had to because you clearly rely on sensationalist generalisations and exaggerations in your points
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

They are based on the book "Lost Lives" and the opinion of a man who is more qualified than most to talk about the Old IRA/IRB. You want more stats look yourself.

Puckoon

Not really - you keep refering to the legitimacy of the armed struggle and I just happen to point out incidents which fly in the face of any sort of legitimacy at all. Other than murder. Nothing sensationalist, generalised or exaggerated about that.

Now, do you have any statistics on the breakdown of civilian Vs military target murder/death/killings carried out by the pIRA, or are we working of an anecdotal basis?

Ulick

Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 10:31:53 PM
Do you have any statistics to back this up again?

I know Donagh/Ulick doesnt value the CAIN reporting, and theres been a thread on here before, but those claims are laughable.

He/I did? What was that about?

The latest stats I've read, based on the Lost Lives book, was that 79% of IRA victims were willing participants in the conflict (21% innocent civilians). That would compare favourably with any other conflict whether it be the War of Independence or the Iraq War (where estimates put the US & UK civilian casualties at 95%).

Nally Stand

No generalisations or exaggerations? So most IRA attacks involved people getting bound, gagged and shot? And "half" their members were touts? As for stats. I told you to read Lost Lives.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 03, 2010, 10:58:27 PM
No generalisations or exaggerations? So most IRA attacks involved people getting bound, gagged and shot? And "half" their members were touts? As for stats. I told you to read Lost Lives.
and those who were shot were asking for it as they didnt mind their own business or keep their mouth shut

Main Street

Fwiw, the War of Independence as it was played out in the 6 counties was top heavy with civilian casualties.
A much higher  nr of civilians killed than the rest of Ireland at that time and much higher than the 30 year war.

More touts were murdered in the War of Independence. You could hardly drive 100m on a Cork country road but there would be a dead tout blocking your way. Touts are a cancer.
No question, in times of war, a tout is a moral hazard to be eliminated.