"DOINGS"

Started by leenie, April 28, 2009, 06:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: screenexile on April 29, 2009, 02:15:12 PM
They're still done round our way as well... I f**king hate them. If ever I do get married (I have faith the right girls is still out there) and someone tries to give me a doing I will just keep swinging until I knock as many of them out as possible and invitations to said wedding would soon be rescinded. I still fail to see the point in tying someone up and driving them through a town for people to throw stuff at them. It's no craic at all and I don't know how this out dated practice didn't die out years ago!!
Bigamy rocks!

delboy

Quote from: rootthemout on April 28, 2009, 10:33:32 PM
mostly a culchie thing ;)

Yeah a strong correlation between webbed feet and "doings".

screenmachine

Still can't believe that someone's idea of a 'doing' was to stick an air hose up a mans hole and then turn the thing on!  Eggs and flour is one thing but blowin the shuck out of a man doesn't seem the most civilised of things to be at!  I have to admit though, it has made me laugh a bit every time I've read this thread although the poor lad must have been in agony!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Canalman

Think I read many years ago of a tragic incident in Derry/Tyrone ???? of a lad been doused by acid by mistake (seemingly his "mates" thought it was water). Awful injuries....... almost sure I read it in the paper so not just an urban legend. Happened in a factory I think. Very sad story.

Have gone to loads of Stags and never seen or heard of any "pranks". Certainly not imo an urban phenomenon.

illdecide

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 29, 2009, 01:39:46 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 28, 2009, 07:55:13 PM
What about the guy they tied to the lampost and left him there naked for a while and went back into the pub and when they came back out for him he had been raped...Poor sod had his star busted :D :D
Is that funny?

Well if i said i didn't laugh when i heard this i would be telling lies. I'd say the giver was laughing more than the reciever though during this incident...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bingobus

Quote from: illdecide on April 29, 2009, 04:38:26 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 29, 2009, 01:39:46 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 28, 2009, 07:55:13 PM
What about the guy they tied to the lampost and left him there naked for a while and went back into the pub and when they came back out for him he had been raped...Poor sod had his star busted :D :D
Is that funny?

Well if i said i didn't laugh when i heard this i would be telling lies. I'd say the giver was laughing more than the reciever though during this incident...

Thought that one was an urban myth myself...heard it a few times in different locations to different friends of friends.

Maybe there is a serial stag party rapist doing the rounds  ;D

delboy

Quote from: Canalman on April 29, 2009, 04:09:44 PM
Think I read many years ago of a tragic incident in Derry/Tyrone ???? of a lad been doused by acid by mistake (seemingly his "mates" thought it was water). Awful injuries....... almost sure I read it in the paper so not just an urban legend. Happened in a factory I think. Very sad story.

Have gone to loads of Stags and never seen or heard of any "pranks". Certainly not imo an urban phenomenon.

Unfortunately its not an urban legend, it happenen in the adria factory in strabane, poor fupper got caustic soda poured over him, his colleguages thought it was a container of soap.
He was badly burnt as i remember and the wedding was obviously cancelled, i seem to recall reading somewhere that his fiancee wasn't able to overcome the idea of marrying someone with bad facial scarring and they parted ways  :'(

This is a link to the story although its so old most of the detail is no longer their (maybe if you login it is) http://www.irishnews.com/searchlog.asp?reason=denied_empty&script_name=/pageacc.asp&path_info=/pageacc.asp&tser1=ser&par=ben&sid=370832

Doogie Browser

Quote from: delboy on April 29, 2009, 05:07:11 PM

Unfortunately its not an urban legend, it happenen in the adria factory in strabane, poor fupper got caustic soda poured over him, his colleguages thought it was a container of soap.
He was badly burnt as i remember and the wedding was obviously cancelled, i seem to recall reading somewhere that his fiancee wasn't able to overcome the idea of marrying someone with bad facial scarring and they parted ways  :'(
Not true delboy you plonker  :P, still very much married today, so a happy ending of sorts.

delboy

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 30, 2009, 02:03:22 PM
Quote from: delboy on April 29, 2009, 05:07:11 PM

Not true delboy you plonker  :P, still very much married today, so a happy ending of sorts.

I did preface that comment by alluding to it being a hazy recollection of the events (it is over ten years ago to be fair). Glad to hear the got married and are still together  :) thanks for the info trigger  ;)

Doogie Browser

Glad to clear that up for you derek. 

haranguerer

Quote from: screenexile on April 29, 2009, 02:15:12 PM
They're still done round our way as well... I f**king hate them. If ever I do get married (I have faith the right girls is still out there) and someone tries to give me a doing I will just keep swinging until I knock as many of them out as possible and invitations to said wedding would soon be rescinded. I still fail to see the point in tying someone up and driving them through a town for people to throw stuff at them. It's no craic at all and I don't know how this out dated practice didn't die out years ago!!

Spot on. Was just thinking this as reading the thread...