electric picnic

Started by charlieTully, September 02, 2013, 09:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

down at electric picnic for the first time this year, what a weekend, brilliant craic from start to finish, cant believe I never went before. roll on next year. anyone down?

the Deel Rover

How much were the tickets this year Charlie . Remeber looking last year but they were nearly 200 yo yo s i think .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

charlieTully

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 02, 2013, 09:14:49 PM
How much were the tickets this year Charlie . Remeber looking last year but they were nearly 200 yo yo s i think .

they were on sale earlier in the year for 170, bit cheaper because it was their tenth birthday, well worth it, the price always put me off in the past but I wouldn't miss it again.

Maguire01

Went in 2006 for the first time and haven't missed a year since. Great festival.

AFS

Was down. Good time as usual but it seemed a bit too bunged for my liking, particularly on the Sunday with the day tickets. I would imagine that the reputation Oxegen has earned for itself has a lot of people opting for a change of venue. The cheaper than usual tickets probably a factor this year too.

charlieTully

Quote from: AFS on September 03, 2013, 06:15:32 PM
Was down. Good time as usual but it seemed a bit too bunged for my liking, particularly on the Sunday with the day tickets. I would imagine that the reputation Oxegen has earned for itself has a lot of people opting for a change of venue. The cheaper than usual tickets probably a factor this year too.

any standout acts for you?

AFS

Wasn't fussed on most of the lineup to be honest, so spent a lot of the time knocking about Body & Soul, Mindfields and the other stuff around the edges. Enjoyed Chvrches, Duckworth-Lewis Method, Arctic Monkeys, David O'Doherty, Cathy Davey down in the Jerry Fish tent, the wee science tent, Le Galaxie was particularly class, and loads of wee bits and pieces at The Salty Dog and Trenchtown.

charlieTully

aye, some craic around that body and soul area, loved the rave in the woods. brilliant weekend, was at felix da housecat and left to watch artic monkeys but found them a bit dull on it, not headline material imo, ended up going back over to catch the end of felix;s set. all in all a great weekends craic, as much for the company as anything else. some rides about, unreal.