NEW LAOIS MANAGER

Started by Unlaoised, August 03, 2016, 10:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

The main thing is that Laois start using Kingston more as in my opinion he is the most complete full forward in the country and down in Clare Laois just wouldn't kick in the ball  .remember attride goal against Dublin came from quick ball into Kingston I can't stress how good he is on his day WE NEED TO USE HIM and build the team around him

Don Draper

We'll get nothing out of Kingston until we get a manager who believes in him, and him to believe in both the manager and himself. Otherwise, he'll be yet another unfulfilled talent.

He's approaching his peak, if not already there as a result of an early start and injuries. Both he, and the CB need a rocket up their holes.

Joeythelips

Any update on this? Some games on past week where a manger might spot an odd diamond in the rough. Come on County Board, get the finger out

Tony

No news here about new manager at all. Anyone have any underground news? My fear is that the next we'll hear about it : It'll be a very underwhelming appointment.

High Fielder

I have no names Tony, but I'm told there is very little interest

GAA-SMART

Worryingly quiet now, at this stage we be left with Keith Higgins or a Chris Conway type of appointment

Don Draper

Quote from: GAA-SMART on August 26, 2016, 09:38:31 AM
Worryingly quiet now, at this stage we be left with Keith Higgins or a Chris Conway type of appointment
Keith Higgins would be a very leftfield appointment, but I'd admire the ballsiness of it. Would he give up the hurling, or would he try combine the kicking hurling and managing?

BallyroanAbu

Malachy McNulty should be the first name on their list, doing a good job with Portlaoise no reason why he can't do the same with Laois. 

County baller

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on August 26, 2016, 10:07:08 AM
Malachy McNulty should be the first name on their list, doing a good job with Portlaoise no reason why he can't do the same with Laois.

Completely agree with you here I fear if we bring in someone from outside the county we'll be giving out a large paycheque to a manager who has no real interest in improving our county. At least Malachy McNulty will be 100% committed to the cause.

Tony

In all fairness to Malachy, he's a fine man but the pigs in my field would probably manage Portlaoise to success in Laois at the moment. 
He doesn't have nearly enough experience to warrant an inter county job. Having said that, I'd much prefer him over the likes of some other names mentioned.

BallyroanAbu

Problem is Laois don't have the money for a good manager so we have to take a bit of a flyer on an unproven one.

GAA-SMART

Im sure the county board will find some great lad from Dublin or something who will be our savior, Bring back Tomas O Flatharta sure he doing mighty with kilmacud minors.. In all seriousness we need a new manager soon, its dragging on, need him in place to catch some the championship, It has to be someone who has a bit of passion for Laois football and who is capable for the Job. Mick ticked one box, we thought he ticked both but unfortunately it all fell to sunder half way through the league and the panic set in and we got Cunningham,   I am not buying this rubbish of a rebuild, we have been on a rebuild since 2007, ive a pain in my backside watching our footballers under achieving, this year we go to the bother of beating Armagh twice to loose to lets be frank a fairly average Clare team who we beat a couple of years ago.

The Monument Road

Whispers i know but could the next manager be managing a team in the north american county final this sunday......all eyes should be on the NA final this sunday in Canton....kick off 3.30.....The Wolf Tones are playing 8) :o ;D :) ;) ;) ;)

south Laois

This is getting beyond rediculas at this stage. Does anyone even have an inkling of whos in the frame for the job?