NEW LAOIS MANAGER

Started by Unlaoised, August 03, 2016, 10:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanny

Quote from: Unlaoised on October 04, 2016, 03:46:08 PM
Looking for two Laois selectors....I'd love to see some Portlaoise involvement and maybe one from over the Stradbally Carlow side....

He needs to get the likes of Healy, and Paul Kingston back in there along with Gary Walsh James Finn and Conor Boyle among others!

Don't think Healy will commit due to his loyalty to Hurlers unfortunately. Him and Kingston would definitely add to the squad. The other three i'm afraid have been tried and are not up to the standard required. Maybe time to go with a more youthful approach and build with some good young lads that were on show in the championship.

ILikeStrawberryJam

Defo have gary walsh in the squad sanny !!!!!

Tony

Gary Walsh not up to standard? I don't agree - he's clearly one of our top performers, especially on his day.

Finn & Boyle have a place too in my opinion (the only thing boyle lacks is pace) - perhaps squad members but i've seen enough from both to warrent a place.

Would really like to see some more game time for younger lads, likes of O O Carroll, Ryan, Sheil

les Antiques

Pretty confident Healy will commit to the footballers this year as Cheddar was one of the main reasons he showed such fantastic loyalty to the Hurlers .

redsetanta

I wouldn't be so sure. Would depend on what the hurling set up is going to be like. He admits that hurling is his first love.

Also, he has been travelling back and forth for the last few years from UK what's to say he will continue to do this. I know he is a proud and determined Laois man but that's tough going.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Joeythelips

Decent enough draw for us in Leinster, getting promotion in league and reaching Leinster final are achievable goals next year if we get our act together.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great draw, avoid Dublin and our first two games at home. If we win the first against Longford we have a mouth-watering tie against the Lillies...

1st Round:
Louth v Wicklow
Laois v Longford
Carlow v Wexford

Quarter-Finals:
A: Louth or Wicklow v Meath
B: Laois or Longford v Kildare
C: Carlow or Wexford v Dublin
D: Offaly v Westmeath

Semi-Finals:
Winner Q/Final A v Winner Q/Final B
Winner Q/Final C v Winner Q/Final D
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

GAA-SMART

Can beat Kildare, id be more worried about Longford, They are no Wicklow lads, this isnt a Gimme this time (No Offense to Wicklow but we were never going to loose against them  this year) any team that goes to Clones and beats Monaghan are a decent team.

SCFC

Quote from: GAA-SMART on October 14, 2016, 08:57:52 AM
Can beat Kildare, id be more worried about Longford, They are no Wicklow lads, this isnt a Gimme this time (No Offense to Wicklow but we were never going to loose against them  this year) any team that goes to Clones and beats Monaghan are a decent team.
Agreed. Longford are very decent. Will be a tough opener. Conor Meredith is one player who won't be playing, he is travelling abroad for work for a year.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on October 14, 2016, 03:13:28 PM
Quote from: GAA-SMART on October 14, 2016, 08:57:52 AM
Agreed. Longford are very decent. Will be a tough opener. Conor Meredith is one player who won't be playing, he is travelling abroad for work for a year.
Thought he was in college. The Merediths are a nomadic tribe sadly.