Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Pretty Priti is supposedly outlining the UK quaratine plan today

Milltown Row2

What I'm saying is there any point going away for a weeks holiday if I have to quarantine for 2 weeks when I get back. There's talk of this but haven't seen any link to say it's true!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2020, 02:36:22 PM
What I'm saying is there any point going away for a weeks holiday if I have to quarantine for 2 weeks when I get back. There's talk of this but haven't seen any link to say it's true!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52765054

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on May 22, 2020, 03:00:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2020, 02:36:22 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52765054

So how is that viable ? There is no way, unless you're a teacher  ;D to go away and then quarantine for two weeks! Airline companies will say the flights are available as will accommodation
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

The prices to go away for a few nights in Ireland are a disgrace

JoG2

Quote from: JimStynes on July 02, 2020, 09:47:28 AM

You are not wrong Jim. We spent 5 nights in Las Vegas a few years ago (good hotel on the strip, flights from Dublin -> Heathrow -> Vegas), it was cheaper than 5 nights (same dates ) to stay in a 3* hotel in Bundoran.

Rois

My in-laws have booked Powerscourt for two nights next weekend, asked if we wanted to come.  I looked it up - ok, only fancier rooms left, but £1,400 for two nights B&B. 

BennyCake

Quote from: JoG2 on July 02, 2020, 09:52:33 AM

You are not wrong Jim. We spent 5 nights in Las Vegas a few years ago (good hotel on the strip, flights from Dublin -> Heathrow -> Vegas), it was cheaper than 5 nights (same dates ) to stay in a 3* hotel in Bundoran.

I'd rather stay in Bundoran. Las Vegas is my idea of hell.

galwayman

Quote from: BennyCake on July 02, 2020, 11:25:28 AM

Why so? You don't need to drink or gamble in Vegas to enjoy it.

trailer

Quote from: galwayman on July 02, 2020, 11:28:21 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 02, 2020, 11:25:28 AM

Why so? You don't need to drink or gamble in Vegas to enjoy it.

Vegas one of my favourite cities. And there's loads to do even if you don't gamble or drink as galwayman says. Bundoran on the other hand...it would put you on the drink esp round the twelfth when Belfast empties out to it.

Taylor

Second that Jim.

It is really sickening to hear this constant yapping about supporting our own during tough times etc - well I say f**k them if all they want to do is fleece their own.

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on July 02, 2020, 11:53:44 AM

Second that Jim.

It is really sickening to hear this constant yapping about supporting our own during tough times etc - well I say f**k them if all they want to do is fleece their own.

I tried a few hotels and they're booked out, so they're being well supported.

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on July 02, 2020, 11:58:25 AM

Second that Jim.

I tried a few hotels and they're booked out, so they're being well supported.

No doubt there are trailer - anything left is also extortionately priced up.

People are desperate to get some sort of break so willing to pay over the odds

marty34

Second that Jim.

Agree, wouldn't mind doing a staycation in Ireland but the prices are crazy. They're trying to grab back some of the lost profits.  Would be ok to a certain level but currently it's back to rip off Ireland again.

trailer

Quote from: marty34 on July 02, 2020, 12:29:32 PM

Second that Jim.

Agree, wouldn't mind doing a staycation in Ireland but the prices are crazy. They're trying to grab back some of the lost profits.  Would be ok to a certain level but currently it's back to rip off Ireland again.

I think it is a case of supply and demand and what you're willing to pay. But like I said I rang a few hotels and they were booked out. I did get some availability in others and booked a very nice hotel but at over €2,000 it wasn't exactly cheap.