Muineacháin v Dún na nGall - déja vu all over again 26/6

Started by babarino, June 12, 2016, 04:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

tyroneman

A phenomenal amount of cynical behaviour on both sides.

BennyHarp

Donegal had 16 players on the field at the time of that free....and they have had a man sent off??  :o
That was never a square ball!!

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyHarp

Quote from: hardstation on June 25, 2016, 08:40:29 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 25, 2016, 08:38:27 PM
Donegal had 16 players on the field at the time of that free....and they have had a man sent off??  :o
Then they had 13.

Is that including Maxi Curran?
That was never a square ball!!

clarshack

When is the replay? The week before the Ulster final?

oakleafgael

Donegal played on the very line under McGuiness but Gallagher's behaviour is unreal for an inter county manager.

Schkite

Christ Dick...

Alot of bullshit will be talked about this game, and there were some bad elements during the second half. Right now I'm just happy we have another crack at it as we were very poor. Donegal got through our defence way too easily, and we didn't do nearly enough with the possession we won from kickouts.

Some set on McManus though to kick those last few frees to save us, especially after the one he skewed wide just before.

J70

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 25, 2016, 08:35:30 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 25, 2016, 08:34:34 PM
No doubt there will be post after post about the level of cynicism in this game.

Disgusting from the keeper there.

How do you know?

The Monaghan player pushed the ball into his face. You never got a clip on the end of the nose?

The Bearded One

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 25, 2016, 08:44:58 PM
Donegal played on the very line under McGuiness but Gallagher's behaviour is unreal for an inter county manager.

Ryan Porter a p***k also.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Main Street

Content enough with the draw but would have been in a murderous mood if Donegal had won that game.
Both teams kicked a similar amount of chances away.
Good to see some old fashioned Ulster bite in the challenges but not the cynical stuff.
I think Monaghan have more football  about their game to beat Donegal and will improve all the more after this game.

J70

Quote from: Schkite on June 25, 2016, 08:46:30 PM
Christ Dick...

Alot of bullshit will be talked about this game, and there were some bad elements during the second half. Right now I'm just happy we have another crack at it as we were very poor. Donegal got through our defence way too easily, and we didn't do nearly enough with the possession we won from kickouts.

Some set on McManus though to kick those last few frees to save us, especially after the one he skewed wide just before.

Both will probably be frustrated with some of their misses  - first half especially for Monaghan, second for Donegal.

Can Donegal keep McManus as quiet again next day though?

Where did all the injury time come from?

Conallach

The cliche is that neither team deserved to lose, but I'm not sure that either deserved to win. In the end, McQuillan had the steady hand to grab the draw! In a paralell world both semis would have gone to extra-time and I doubt if anyone would have been particularly sad about that.

Before the game I was worried about Donegal and frees - worried that the tackling had become so slack that they would give too many away. But who saw twenty-something wides coming between the two teams? Remarkable to see such good players miss such favourable frees.

I sometimes worry that I slightly overrate the young players coming through, but Gillespie & Eoin McHugh look so comfortable at this level already. For Monaghan, McCarthy & McAnespie mighn't be superstars, but they're exactly what they needed - good young forwards.

Karl O'Connell, however, is an All Star in waiting. Odhrán, king of the baffling wide followed by casually brilliant score, seems to be planning to get his through sheers goals alone.

It was less frustrating than last year, I suppose. Maybe. This team isn't what it could be.

On a side note, as frustrating as RTÉ can be, they're years ahead of Sky.

J70