NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Great win for mayo, should have won by more but were wasteful at the start of the 2nd half.

A win for Galway in their last game guarantees a league final for them (edit: doesn't if mayo win and kerry lose actually)

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 16, 2019, 08:48:32 PM
Well done to Dublin and Mayo on their fine away wins tonight. Between Kerry,Mayo,Galway,Tyrone for a place in the final now. Rare to see a Jim Gavin Dublin team not reach a final.

Yerra wha?

dublin7

Quote from: Solo_run on March 16, 2019, 07:40:55 PM
Towards the end of the first half Dublin were a joy to watch paying the ball around but didn't result in a score
Usual cynicism fromTyrone. Not sure how their no 22 stayed on the pitch after taking out Fenton in the 1st half. Weak ref and Tyrone took advantage. It is strange not to have a league final to forward to

From the Bunker

Says it all with O'Rourke mourning Dublin not in the League Final with the loss of revenue to the GAA.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: dublin7 on March 16, 2019, 08:56:59 PM
Towards the end of the first half Dublin were a joy to watch paying the ball around but didn't result in a score
Usual cynicism fromTyrone. Not sure how their no 22 stayed on the pitch after taking out Fenton in the 1st half. Weak ref and Tyrone took advantage. It is strange not to have a league final to forward to

This...  ;D ;D ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 16, 2019, 08:57:53 PM
Says it all with O'Rourke mourning Dublin not in the League Final with the loss of revenue to the GAA.
The man is ridiculous, should be long gone from the coverage.

Farrandeelin

Brilliant win tonight for Mayo on the road. Didn't give them a chance. Midfield is definitely AOS best position. Mattie Ruane a r3al find and took his goal well. Loftus didn't impress and I thought Boland did more than him when he went on for him. James Durcan was poor also. I have to say for a few minutes early in the second half I was getting frustrated with the lateral handpass shenanigans. Conditions were terrible but well done to the lads for digging it out. Monaghan next up, another difficult test.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 16, 2019, 09:05:57 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 16, 2019, 08:57:53 PM
The man is ridiculous, should be long gone from the coverage.

A Kerry/Galway final would see a record (low) attendance.

BennyHarp

I've missed Dublin comments like this. Gives me a nice warm feeling inside reading it.  :D
That was never a square ball!!

dublin7

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 16, 2019, 09:10:11 PM

I've missed Dublin comments like this. Gives me a nice warm feeling inside reading it.  :D
I suppose its the law of averages. All the times they played each other and dublin won (3 times last year alone) Tyrone had to win one eventually. They are horrible to watch. If you enjoy watching that sadomachism every game good luck to you

BennyHarp

Quote from: dublin7 on March 16, 2019, 09:19:17 PM

I suppose its the law of averages. All the times they played each other and dublin won (3 times last year alone) Tyrone had to win one eventually. They are horrible to watch. If you enjoy watching that sadomachism every game good luck to you

;D Wtf are you talking about?
That was never a square ball!!

trueblue1234

Sure it's great to see plucky Tyrone take on the Might of Financially doped Dublin. Real David and Goliath stuff.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Whishtup

Tactics a no-brainer for Tyrone tonight.  Col Cav played havoc under the high ball in the closing stages of the final last year-the only chink in the armour.  McShane is a big unit and will be useful in this role.  Mattie in some form.  We should have won by more if you consider the couple of misses near the end and advantage not being played for skeet foul.  Let's not get carried away, though.  Always nice to beat de Dubs but we also need to be able to take Kerry/Mayo in big games. 

Over the Bar

Better watching proper Gaelic footballers who have to get up for a day job than a bunch of pampered jessies on EPO shots  driving about in free cars every Monday cos Uncle Jim insist they get the day off after playing. Twats!

RedHand88

It was a yellow card offence, he didn't give it, it wouldn't have changed the game or left Tyrone a man down. Don't be bitter! Tyrone were fantastic tonight (mostly). Few errors here and there but nothing to worry about.
The Dublin empire is in trouble. 3 defeats in 6 games, they look there for the taking everytime they go out now. The aura of invincibility is gone.