American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on September 06, 2019, 05:57:32 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 05, 2019, 10:23:56 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 05, 2019, 06:56:13 PM
And people thought Antonio Brown would change ?!

He could be done in Oakland already, threatened to hit GM Mike Mayock today in an altercation

Why they couldn't have had this argument and suspension drama before the B league draft on tuesday I will never know.

In fairness, anyone drafting AB with anything resembling an early pick needs a slap. Derek Carr throwing to him ffs

Raiders have a new stadium to seel season tickets for and they've no stars. They were desperate for a big name player to advertise their franchise. Whoops.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gawa316 on September 06, 2019, 05:08:30 AM
Absolutely borefest of a game that

Recorded it and woke up at 2.30am and started watching, fast forwarding the breaks and halftime. Caught up in the 4th quarter. Tough loss for da Bears. Defense was lights out - look to be almost at last years levels. Thought Rodgers got a little lucky with the TD. When the ball left his hand I was sure it was going to be picked but Graham held off the DB very well. In fairness, Rodgers had produced a moment of magic to set up the field position. Bears offense was poor. Showed one or two flashes and were a little unfortunate not to get the TD to tie when a DB with his back to the ball flicked out his arm to deny a certain TD for Mike Davis. Trubisky made a terrible decision on 3rd down to seal the game and had an uninspiring night. Terrible night in terms of penalties for a usually disciplined Bears. Green Bay's defense is clearly better than last season though it must be said, both offenses looked rusty and will improve.

As a Bears fan, the strength of the D, flashed from Montgomery and Allen Robinson were the main positives. Lookds like Mike Davis will have a sizeable role too and he looked sharp.

gallsman

Robinson looked sharper than he has for a couple of years alright.

lurganblue

Quote from: gawa316 on September 06, 2019, 05:08:30 AM
Absolutely borefest of a game that

Tried to watch the 10 minute highlight clip on facebook there and even that bored me.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on September 06, 2019, 10:43:49 AM
Robinson looked sharper than he has for a couple of years alright.

He did. If the Bears are to succeed on offense he's crucial. This offense is better than the one he was in in Jacksonville so if his physical attributes are restored (looks like they are), he could be a monster.

gawa316

gawa316

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on September 07, 2019, 05:01:28 PM
And he's released

Cost him $300k (in fines) to play for the Raiders
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

gawa316

And now signs for the Pats!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: gawa316 on September 07, 2019, 10:04:46 PM

AB and josh gordon in the same Locker Room. I suppose if any one can, Bill can.

Capt Pat

Antonio Brown with Brady throwing to him should be better than Antonio Brown with Derek Carr throwing to him. This will actually improve my fantasy team.

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 07, 2019, 10:38:18 PM
Antonio Brown with Brady throwing to him should be better than Antonio Brown with Derek Carr throwing to him. This will actually improve my fantasy team.

Before this move Pats were expected to be run heavy, Brady obviously ain't what he was so interesting to see how this changes things
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

This AB situation has been wildly entertaining.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2019, 10:10:13 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 07, 2019, 10:04:46 PM

AB and josh gordon in the same Locker Room. I suppose if any one can, Bill can.

Gordon doesn't really have a history of being troublesome in the locker room though I don't think. Just loves weed too much.