NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Final Score:

Longford 1-12
Offaly 0-10

Offaly finish game with 13 men. One straight red and one for 2 yellows. Longford collected 2 black cards.

Good win for Longford and our eyes now focus on a trip to Drogheda next Sunday to face an impressive looking Louth.

Harold Disgracey

Sligo got a penalty with the last kick of the game to draw the match. Slightly biased Sligo commentator on Ocean FM apologised for the daylight robbery! Armagh 2-11 1-14 Sligo FT

imtommygunn

BennyCake

You'd think the Sligo player would have put it wide on purpose. It was the least he could do.

Sportsmanship, eh?

T Fearon

What the hell happenec Armagh? 6 points in front and conceding 1.14 in the third division?

naka

Armagh cruising
Penalty was a non event
No one even the players understood what it was for

sligoman2

Something must have happened in the square.  Very effective negative tactics by Armagh fouling us everytime we got the ball to prevent a fast break.  I suppose a draw is a fair result and could be invaluable to us.  Trip to Tipp up next for us.

Steffens campbell very good for Armagh by all accounts.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

naka

Quote from: sligoman2 on February 05, 2017, 04:42:17 PM
Something must have happened in the square.  Very effective negative tactics by Armagh fouling us everytime we got the ball to prevent a fast break.  I suppose a draw is a fair result and could be invaluable to us.  Trip to Tipp up next for us.

Genuinely sligoman
Where you at the game
Ref  kept you guys in it at every stage
You really didn't deserve a draw.

Horse Box

Tipp were bad but had enough in the second half . Fair play to Antrim who gave it everything . Sorry to the away support for the @rsehole in the Stand , he`s not wanted at Tipp games by the home support !

you take er!

Quote from: sligoman2 on February 05, 2017, 04:42:17 PM

Admittedly I wasn't at it & while Armagh should've put the game to bed...it was obvious, even to the commentators on Ocesn FM that it was a smash & grab job...they were almost apologetic! Fair play to Sligo for playing to the end, but fair result??? I think not.

sligoman2

I wasn't at the game.  I don't think a ref awards a penalty for no reason.  Look in the mirror, he were up six and let us back in the game and we took advantage of it...

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 05, 2017, 03:38:44 PM
Final Score:

Longford 1-12
Offaly 0-10

Offaly finish game with 13 men. One straight red and one for 2 yellows. Longford collected 2 black cards.

Good win for Longford and our eyes now focus on a trip to Drogheda next Sunday to face an impressive looking Louth.

Discipline problems are starting to cost Offaly bad over the last couple of years, it is something Pat Flanagan needs to work on. 

I've been assuming Kildare would be playing Laois in the Leinster quarter final, might need to reappraise that opinion after this weekends results but it is early in the year.

T Fearon

Looks like Armagh have learned nothing from last year,and the importance of getting off to a good start,and not be scrambling for points and dependent on other teams' results at the end.

Our last three Championship games and opening league game have seen defeats to Cavan, Laois (twice) and a draw with Sligo😡😡

magpie seanie

I've never seen Sligo play so badly and not lose. The referee was terrible for both sides it has to be said. I'll go through that later when I give a more detailed run through. Armagh are right to be aggrieved at the penalty. It was a scandalous decision. I think he gave it for a hand on Stephen Coen's shoulder but he was nowhere near the ball and if that type of incident is a free....

Armagh though have only themselves to blame. At 6 points up they stopped trying to score and were content to see the game out. Tactical genius himself needs to take a long hard look at himself. Bad as we were we chipped away and got a few scores but didn't create one goal chance all game. The penalty was an incredible present and that could be a vital point for us in our survival battle.

sligoman2

Ye have owed us a penalty since 2002.😀😀😀😀😀😀😀