The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

13 steps and he hoped the ball once, its makes no difference and this game will be forgotten by friday.

sans pessimism

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 28, 2016, 12:47:11 AM
13 steps and he hoped the ball once, its makes no difference and this game will be forgotten by friday.
he shud have got a bonus point for been ABLE to hop the ball in that bog snorkelling arena!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on March 28, 2016, 02:30:24 AM
Quote from: giveballaghback on March 28, 2016, 12:47:11 AM
he shud have got a bonus point for been ABLE to hop the ball in that bog snorkelling arena!

The father graced the Hyde often for Ros Gaels himself. I hope he wasn't feeding wee Evan tips.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 28, 2016, 11:29:54 AM
Roscommon for Sam 2016.

I was watching Four Falls of Buffalo recently, a documentary about the Buffalo Bills team that made four Superbowls in a row the early 90s but lost them all, most by cricket scores but one that was lost on a single play. The Bills have never won a Superbowl but by the time they'd lost the second in a row the people who supported them as underdogs were sick of them ruining the Superbowl by continually getting there and turned against the Bills. It was sad to see.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on March 28, 2016, 11:34:00 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 28, 2016, 11:29:54 AM
Roscommon for Sam 2016.

I was watching Four Falls of Buffalo recently, a documentary about the Buffalo Bills team that made four Superbowls in a row the early 90s but lost them all, most by cricket scores but one that was lost on a single play. The Bills have never won a Superbowl but by the time they'd lost the second in a row the people who supported them as underdogs were sick of them ruining the Superbowl by continually getting there and turned against the Bills. It was sad to see.

Sport is not a popularity contest! It is not based on who is liked the most by who wins. I don't care how fed up the media or Gaelic followers are of Mayo Making the later stages of the AI Championships and spoiling their spectacle. If your county is good enough to stop us on the way well and good. If not then put up and shut up. We get where we get on merit and I don't expect them to stand aside in order to accommodate anyone just yet.

giveballaghback

Well it looks like our neighbours will survive in div 1, 2 things I will say about yesterdays game,
1. If the rossies needed to win that game to survive in div 1 it would not have been played in hyde park.
2. With the game a dead rubber as far as Ros were concerned the cb were anxious that the game stay in the county town to give back to the business people who have supported club Rossie all the way.
I am not saying in any way that the result would have been different if played at another venue {we were hammered on the day} but that pitch was not fit for purpose.
Now with Mayo and Ros safe I would love to see Galway promoted as well, 3 Connacht teams in div 1, it could only be good for football in the province and good for us all in the long run.
While all local battles are the fiercest at the end of the day we are all west of Ireland people and if we dont look after ourselves then I am sure no one else will.
Asked by a good friend from Mayo a couple of years ago would I be supporting them in the all ire final I answered, its like this if ye win I will be laughing with ye, if ye lose I will be laughing at ye, thats pretty much the way it is.

Rudi

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 28, 2016, 09:08:12 PM
Well it looks like our neighbours will survive in div 1, 2 things I will say about yesterdays game,
1. If the rossies needed to win that game to survive in div 1 it would not have been played in hyde park.
2. With the game a dead rubber as far as Ros were concerned the cb were anxious that the game stay in the county town to give back to the business people who have supported club Rossie all the way.
I am not saying in any way that the result would have been different if played at another venue {we were hammered on the day} but that pitch was not fit for purpose.
Now with Mayo and Ros safe I would love to see Galway promoted as well, 3 Connacht teams in div 1, it could only be good for football in the province and good for us all in the long run.
While all local battles are the fiercest at the end of the day we are all west of Ireland people and if we dont look after ourselves then I am sure no one else will.
Asked by a good friend from Mayo a couple of years ago would I be supporting them in the all ire final I answered, its like this if ye win I will be laughing with ye, if ye lose I will be laughing at ye, thats pretty much the way it is.

You do a lot of laughing at them so :)

larryin89

Nobody in Mayo gives a shite what Ye think and what a load of desperate want for camaraderie nonsense that is we don't need any other Connacht teams doing well at all . Keep winning Nestor cups and putting Ye in your place that's all we want out of the Connacht championships.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rudi

Quote from: larryin89 on March 28, 2016, 09:49:37 PM
Nobody in Mayo gives a shite what Ye think and what a load of desperate want for camaraderie nonsense that is we don't need any other Connacht teams doing well at all . Keep winning Nestor cups and putting Ye in your place that's all we want out of the Connacht championships.

They do, otherwise you would not be here Sean posting shite along with the other gobdas.

fearsiuil

Big fookin fancy yellow bus and no pitch to play on, couldn't make it up!  ;D

Rossfan

Quote from: fearsiuil on March 28, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
And 3rd in Division 1 ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

fearsiuil

Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2016, 10:39:37 PM
And 3rd in Division 1 ;)
No bronze medals given out for third place ;)

Syferus

Quote from: fearsiuil on March 28, 2016, 10:42:57 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2016, 10:39:37 PM
And 3rd in Division 1 ;)
No bronze medals given out for third place ;)

Sure did you not listen to John Evans. Third place in the league. What a shite target.

larryin89

Quote from: Rudi on March 28, 2016, 10:12:50 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 28, 2016, 09:49:37 PM

They do, otherwise you would not be here Sean posting shite along with the other gobdas.

Of course we do Declan .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .