The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: weareros on January 12, 2016, 08:25:12 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on January 12, 2016, 08:03:03 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 12, 2016, 07:03:42 PM
Will be a mighty boost for Cake if he getting himself stuck in. Hopkins will be the big loser.

Haha, of course he's getting stuck in .Id hazard a guess it's a big part of the plan like.

Even though Kelly and Hopkins do not support this, Fine Gael and Labour will be history in Roscommon. Basically, handing the 3rd seat to Cake, even though FF in disarray in county.

Agreed.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

>:(
Quote from: Shrewdness on January 12, 2016, 06:43:31 PM
This will be a huge pre election issue if the government don't back down.
Submissions have to be made by 27th Jan.
No doubt it will then be left parked till after the election as a report will have to be prepared and sent to the Minister blah etc....
I hope Fitzmaurice's Alliance are needed by Enda as the bould Michael would no doubt want this stopped as his price for voting for Enda as Taoiseach.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 13, 2016, 12:25:00 AM
>:(
Quote from: Shrewdness on January 12, 2016, 06:43:31 PM
This will be a huge pre election issue if the government don't back down.
Submissions have to be made by 27th Jan.
No doubt it will then be left parked till after the election as a report will have to be prepared and sent to the Minister blah etc....
I hope Fitzmaurice's Alliance are needed by Enda as the bould Michael would no doubt want this stopped as his price for voting for Enda as Taoiseach.

Twould be the height of irony if a Tuam man saves the borders of Roscommon.

Shrewdness

Whether it's pre election or post election, i can't see this ever happening. I know Enda Kenny and Co betrayed the people of Roscommon over the A/E, but this is a horse of a different colour. Trying to coral 7,000 Roscommon people and their heritage, into Westmeath against their will is not realistic.

Lar Naparka

What's the story behind this proposed land grab?
Why would the government want to transfer any place from one side of the Shannon to the other for local administration purposes or for any other reason?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

AZOffaly

Not sure on the circumstances in Rossieland, but I'd assume it's something to do with Athlone Town Council, and it making it fall under their jurisdiction for admin purposes?

This topic is very hot in Limerick as well. I'm not sure if there is a current move to take more of Clare into Limerick, but there was a few years ago. Most Clare people will tell you that West of the Shannon is Clare, so therefore the Gaelic Grounds and Thomond Park are actually in the Banner. You can see their point as the Shannon is the boundary all the way up the river really. But Limerick continues it's spread westwards, and gobbles up parts of Clare as it goes. ACtually, I wonder are Na Piarsaigh a Clare club? :)

Rossfan

Similar situations in Drogheda and Waterford City I believe.
If anything we should be getting all of the Connacht Side of Athlone back so it could be improved from its current condition.

Rossie11

Quote from: larryin89 on January 12, 2016, 08:27:23 PM
Will be a mighty boost for Cake if he getting himself stuck in. Hopkins will be the big loser.

Haha, of course he's getting stuck in .Id hazard a guess it's a big part of the plan like.

Even though Kelly and Hopkins do not support this, Fine Gael and Labour will be history in Roscommon. Basically, handing the 3rd seat to Cake, even though FF in disarray in county.

Agreed.

I dont think he has a hope lads. He has pissed off more people in the county than any of the other candidates and thats before he starts canvassing!!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossie11 on January 13, 2016, 02:29:44 PM

Agreed.

I dont think he has a hope lads. He has pissed off more people in the county than any of the other candidates and thats before he starts canvassing!!
Who is Cake standing for?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tubberman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 13, 2016, 02:42:26 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on January 13, 2016, 02:29:44 PM

Agreed.

Who is Cake standing for?

The Soldiers of Destiny
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

sligoman2

Quote from: Rossfan on January 13, 2016, 11:14:07 AM
If anything we should be getting all of the Connacht Side of Athlone back so it could be improved from its current condition.

And derry (west of the foyle)
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossfan

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 13, 2016, 03:23:25 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 13, 2016, 11:14:07 AM

And derry (west of the foyle)
To be given to Sligo??

Shrewdness

Lar, Cake will be standing for Fianna Fail.. On a seperate note, are we expecting to see any of our more established players, returning for next Sunday. After coming on as a sub last Sunday (and scoring a point), we might see Senan Kilbride back at full forward, allowing Cathal Shine to go back to midfield.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 13, 2016, 05:03:18 PM
Lar, Cake will be standing for Fianna Fail.. On a seperate note, are we expecting to see any of our more established players, returning for next Sunday. After coming on as a sub last Sunday (and scoring a point), we might see Senan Kilbride back at full forward, allowing Cathal Shine to go back to midfield.

With Donie Shine and Diarmuid Murtagh out (both free-taking FFs) for some time still Senan's fitness is almost as critical as Cathal Shine's is to our hopes of staying up.

Shrewdness

Syferus, what's the problem with Diarmuid Murtagh.? Any hope of Ultan Harney or the Smith's lining out on Sunday.? I don't think i've ever seen so many key Roscommon players injured at the same time before.