GAA Related Apps

Started by Celt_Man, August 16, 2012, 12:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Just got my hands on an Android phone for the first time and I'm looking for some GAA related Apps to download and waste loads of time rooting at!!

I already have the Official GAA one and the EasyTag Dartfish one...

Any coaching related ones which are any good - even from the dirty foreign sports such as Association Football??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Don Johnson

There are some good scoreboard ones for keeping scores at club matches and stuff.

One, gaajourno I think it is, is integrated with Twitter for putting up scores live from matches.

RTE have a GAA one and so do Ulster Bank.

Think tagit is a coaching related one? Not sure, haven't got it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 16, 2012, 12:10:29 AM
Just got my hands on an Android phone for the first time and I'm looking for some GAA related Apps to download and waste loads of time rooting at!!

I already have the Official GAA one and the EasyTag Dartfish one...

Any coaching related ones which are any good - even from the dirty foreign sports such as Association Football??

the Gaelic Football coaching one from Elevate is good for drills and how to run them, as well as the coaching element (what to look for). I'd like a bit more animation, but it allows you select drills and put them in sessions etc. You can find it in the App Store.

thejuice

What's the best for live score updates. The official one is rubbish and I can imagine the RTE is almost as bad.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

ONeill

I though 'GAA Scoreboard' was fine although it'd be better if there was an option for typing in the scorer's name.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

hopball_ie

Hey,

Hope you don't mind me posting on this old thread.

Thought this might be a good place to let use guys know about a GAA app I created.

The app is called Hopball, and it's purpose is to allow fans at GAA matches to update the score live so that other fans can follow. Made the app cause I always wanted to know the score of club games but I couldn't find anyone tracking them on Twitter.

The app is completely free and is available on both Android and iOs now. Released it roughly a month ago, coming up to 1.5k downloads with 350 reporters registered. Seems to be a good interest in it, just trying to spread the word to all GAA fans.

Would love for anyone interested to check out it and join the Hopball community! Appreciate any feedback on the app as well. The more games we get covered the better.

Links Below
iOs: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hopball/id1212515312?ls=1&mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hopball
Web: www.hopball.ie