The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

If any county and it's posters need it's own thread, it's the Rossies. We'll discuss anyone or anything on here. It's only fair to posters from 30 other counties that we leave them in peace on other threads.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM
If any county and it's posters need it's own thread, it's the Rossies. We'll discuss anyone or anything on here. It's only fair to posters from 30 (?) other counties that we leave them in peace on other threads.
Your aspirations are noble and I sincerely wish you well but somehow or other, I don't think we have seen the last of you on Mayo-related threads.  Either your head count counties is incorrect or you plan to keep getting your ass kicked  over on Mayo discussions.;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

I expect intense discussions about Ballagh-.

I see Geoffrey Claffey is back under the new management. Is he still good enough to be first choice goalie?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Shannoncider

Quote from: seafoid on November 30, 2015, 02:53:58 PM
I expect intense discussions about Ballagh-.

I see Geoffrey Claffey is back under the new management. Is he still good enough to be first choice goalie?

NO was never good enough to be first choice goalie even when he was number one there were better options out there. Poor shot stopper and a joke he was even asked back for trails as he hasn't been playing club football last year

Shrewdness

Seafoid, i'm not all that convinced that bringing Claffey back is a positive move. He was prone to mistakes, and tbh, i would rate Darren O'Malley as the steadier, safer option of the two. Having said that, he would be an experienced back up.

giveballaghback

So the first 2 replies to the new Rossie thread is a rhubarb and a heron choker, you are both very welcome, how about that little bet i offered you lar after you declared you were backing Sligo, or are you like most other rhubarbs a soft centre and all bs chat.
Our new management are looking at many players, we have players that were members of the panel but left under Evans like Claffey etc and lads that were not panel members before like young Glennon from Glaveys. It will take time and it will be championship before we have a settled team, lets hope we can pick up enough points in div 1 to survive during this transition. Some heavy training (not gym work) is being done at the moment and I hear there is a great spirit and goodwill in the camp.
I am fairly sure that team set up and style of play will change, it will take time for both players and management to adjust, booked my hotel for Killarney and Cork this weekend and really looking forward to our div 1 journey.

Rossfan

40 lads training I heard plus others with injuries etc. The 2 lads will have some sorting out to do during the FBD and NFL.
I suspect we'll be relegated but if we have identified and settled our top 20 for the Championship that will not be much of a problem.
I suspect a few sacred cows could be shifted by then.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Delighted to hear that Andrew Glennon is involved. I think he's a player with a lot of potential..

moysider

This will be my only contribution to this thread.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on November 30, 2015, 11:32:52 PM
Delighted to hear that Andrew Glennon is involved. I think he's a player with a lot of potential..

Andy was on the panel for a while this year. Gary Patterson is a flier for Glaveys too. Hussey was beyond heroic in the Inter final and with his underage pedigree he should get a chance to make the senior panel soon.

Beffs

Quote from: Rossfan on November 30, 2015, 10:58:10 PM
40 lads training I heard plus others with injuries etc. The 2 lads will have some sorting out to do during the FBD and NFL.
I suspect we'll be relegated but if we have identified and settled our top 20 for the Championship that will not be much of a problem.
I suspect a few sacred cows could be shifted by then.

:o  :o  :o  :o

Please, please, please tell me you mean that some of the older players will be given their P-45's to make way for younger blood?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: giveballaghback on November 30, 2015, 10:52:31 PM
So the first 2 replies to the new Rossie thread is a rhubarb and a heron choker, you are both very welcome, how about that little bet i offered you lar after you declared you were backing Sligo, or are you like most other rhubarbs a soft centre and all bs chat.
Our new management are looking at many players, we have players that were members of the panel but left under Evans like Claffey etc and lads that were not panel members before like young Glennon from Glaveys. It will take time and it will be championship before we have a settled team, lets hope we can pick up enough points in div 1 to survive during this transition. Some heavy training (not gym work) is being done at the moment and I hear there is a great spirit and goodwill in the camp.
I am fairly sure that team set up and style of play will change, it will take time for both players and management to adjust, booked my hotel for Killarney and Cork this weekend and really looking forward to our div 1 journey.
Normally I wouldn't bother responding as I have a simple rule: Don't feed the trolls. However, just this one time I will.
If I said I back Sligo to back Roscommon, I will put my money where my mouth is. No problem at all with that. It's just that I don't recall saying that or anything remotely resembling it. Now allowing for the probability that English wasn't your first language, I'd like to know what made you feel that I said Sligo will beat Roscommon or anything within an asses' roar of it.
Maybe you would point where I said that.

PS why don't you take the advice Shrewdess gave you and keep this thread devoted to Rossie affairs. Leave off squaring up to Mayo at every opportunity  as it gets you nowhere.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

5 points would be enough to stay up. Can Ros beat 2 out of Down, Cork and Monaghan ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Shrewdness

Seafoid, i think we'll definitely be targeting 2 points against those people next door to us when they come to Hyde Park.

highorlow

MODS, i presume this should be in the general discussion section? Shur Ross have nothing to be talking about when it comes to football.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go