Longford v Cork - AIQ Round 3B - Pearse park Sat 16 Jul at 3pm

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 11, 2016, 12:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Cork have not gone away and will be an awkward fixture for some team in the latter rounds. They always have the footballers. Question is do they have the desire?

Shamrock Shore

Ah well. Second half showing killed us. Cork took ages to settle but did when they brought on some old timers.

No disgrace. Disappointed to end up with only 13 men

Captain Obvious

Only 1-6 for Longford today. Did Longford run out of steam or did Cork play defensive?

Shamrock Shore

We ran out of steam really. Only 2 pts in second half. Wind was a factor but same wind was there in first half so no excuses.

Cork won't set world alight

Nigel White

Good man Shamrock. I was in Salzburg the other day and was in Hellbrunn Palace. They have a globe there dating from the 17th century.  The only towns in Ireland on it are Longford, Dublin and Kynfak, which I assume is Cork. I took a photo and I'll WhatsApp it to you later. 

Chimley

Quote from: Nigel White on July 16, 2016, 09:29:07 PM
Good man Shamrock. I was in Salzburg the other day and was in Hellbrunn Palace. They have a globe there dating from the 17th century.  The only towns in Ireland on it are Longford, Dublin and Kynfak, which I assume is Cork. I took a photo and I'll WhatsApp it to you later.

Kinsale?

Nigel White

No mention of Belfast. Willie Frazer will go mad when he finds out

panc56

Hard not to feel disappointed with the outcome and our lack of ability to get back on top at some stage of the second half. Even if we had left Robbie Smyth higher up the pitch rather than Kavanagh for that period we had a chance but the middle 3rd belonged to Cork and we couldn't handle their subs at all. We should have been 6 to 9 points in front going in at the break, they should've been down to 14 at half time also.

lenny

Quote from: Nigel White on July 16, 2016, 10:25:00 PM
No mention of Belfast. Willie Frazer will go mad when he finds out

That map is in the IRA.