Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 24, 2024, 09:21:11 PMIt's over to you  now Arsenal,  to defeat the state sponsored Death Star

Well in that case...

C'mon the Death Star.

manfromdelmonte

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2024, 10:18:36 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 24, 2024, 10:16:54 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 24, 2024, 10:09:04 PMHa ha ha
Biggest victory since the 1995 FA Cup?

I think they'd a few last day escapes in the interim, so not quite that high on their honour roll. :D

Administration may still be looming according to Miguel Delaney today.

After tonight's results I'd say they'd be happy to drop a division or two
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 24, 2024, 10:23:04 PMHa ha ha, again

Delaney article

What's amusing you?

I'd be very concerned about the state of Everton FC, historically a top club, if I was a fan of theirs. Other big clubs have fallen through the floor due to mismanagement.

Nothing against them myself. I hope they get straightened out.

Look-Up!

Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2024, 10:02:45 PM
Quote from: jcpen on April 24, 2024, 09:57:59 PMDeserved win for Everton. If they played like that every week they would be in the mix for European places.
Liverpool's form has really fallen off a cliff the last few weeks.
At least the new manager will have Champions League football for next season.

Hope everyone who filled their boots at HT betting on a Liverpool win now know how foolish gambling is... ;)

They've still created more than enough chances to win almost all those games though. I'd say the finishing has fallen off a cliff. Salah and Nunez in particular look hopelessly out of form.
Would that not be Nunez bang on form?

nrico2006

Salah, for all the praise he gets, has form for going missing in the second half of seasons when the heat is on.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Look-Up!

I thought at the time of his new contract they would have been better cash in. He was always a greedy player on the pitch and could be frustrating to watch but justified it with his record. But now looks a shadow of himself and getting paid way way way more than he's worth.
 Nunez, for a lad who wouldn't finish his dinner, has some self belief and is an incredibly greedy player. Takes some crazy options at critical times when he should be laying off. Unbelievably frustrating, gets so many chances, and that has to eventually wear on a team. Grand lad for a mid table club but to win a championship, forget it.

Blowitupref

I still think Man City could finish on around 86 points so this season was a chance to topple them, Arsenal might yet if form sticks.

From Premierleague.com.

Shots on target top 5 players

E Haaland 48
M Salah 47
O Wakins 45
D Nunez 44
C Palmer 40

Nunez is top of the list for hitting the post or crossbar (9 times) next is O Wakins at 5.

Total shots top 5
D Nunez 105    (goals 11)
E Haaland 102  (goals 20)
M Salah 100  (goals 17)
O Wakins 100  (goals 19)
D Solanke 98  (goals 17)

Cole Palmer the best 20 goals from 82 shots.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armamike

Quote from: nrico2006 on Today at 08:10:02 AMSalah, for all the praise he gets, has form for going missing in the second half of seasons when the heat is on.

Yes, saw that stat. Not sure if it is a mentality thing or being burnt out from starting most games.
That's just, like your opinion man.