Tipperary vs. Galway All Ireland semi final 2015

Started by Premier Emperor, August 11, 2015, 10:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Premier Emperor

Nothing beats the sight of a Tipperary jersey to get the Galway lads whining about past injustices!  :o
I think Tipperary are going better than last year and should beat Galway by about 6 points.

AZOffaly

What's the word on Paudie Maher? Is he ready to go? How are the corner backs?

finbar o tool

im sure we all remember that interview saying that Galway having only one forward was "f**king bullshit"  ;D
BUT, really it is all down to Canning. it all depends on what supply he gets and what he does with it, the other forwards wont be good enough to get over Tipp without Canning shining on the day. cant see past Tipp for the win.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

paddyoslabs

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 10:20:56 AM

All very quiet down here,Think everyone should be fit and hopefully raring to go,will be a hard one to win.Tipp will have to hit the ground running,and no room for blaming the 6 week lay off

AZOffaly

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 11, 2015, 12:00:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 10:20:56 AM

All very quiet down here,Think everyone should be fit and hopefully raring to go,will be a hard one to win.Tipp will have to hit the ground running,and no room for blaming the 6 week lay off

Yeah, I'm actually in Newport, despite the user name. I've been away so I'm not sure how the fitness news is. I agree, this one is dodgy. Galway are very dangerous. I don't think they'll get the room they got against Cork, that Glynn goal was criminal from a Cork point of view, but they are a team that can really hurt you if they are on song.

paddyoslabs

yeah huge game for us,lose and we wont win Liam for a while.Team very quiet this year,nothing on the media about them,thats good to see,seem to have a real focus this year.hope they will be focused at 4pm sunday

AZOffaly

I agree. This team needed a Munster title and it got that. it really needs to beat Kilkenny again in a final, so this is a big game and is a very dangerous game. The preparation does seem to be very quiet, very focused. Hopefully that will stand to them.

johnneycool

Surely to fĂșck this Tipp team of artisans and thoroughbreds will be putting 15 plus points on the Mollockers from Galway.
(C) Premier Emporer

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on August 11, 2015, 01:14:07 PM
Surely to fĂșck this Tipp team of artisans and thoroughbreds will be putting 15 plus points on the Mollockers from Galway.
(C) Premier Emporer

Both teams can cause an upset against Kilkenny, but can these teams put together 2 good games in a row? Kilkenny didn't really get out of 2nd gear for most parts against Waterford, they got the goal and kept the 4 point cushion for most of the match without really working too hard, doubled up on the FF and kept them at bay... so they have plenty in reserve come the final.. Galway have always struggled to put two good performances in a row and Tipp sometimes go into a lull in a game and allow the opposition into the game before pulling away ... should be a cracking game, anyone going is getting good value with the 2 minor games and the senior game.

Really don't care who wins, but feel that the best final pairings would be Tipp V Kilkenny
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

waterfordlad

I hope we see a good, close game on Sunday after a disappointing championship and reckon we have a good chance of this as both teams play attacking hurling and have strong forwards who can put up big scores. Tipperary have had a long break since the Munster final and this has affected Munster teams before. Galway have been impressive sofar particularly v Dublin in the replay and Cork. It's a hard one to call but would favour Galway slightly.

paddyoslabs

both sets of forwards are very good,but I think Tipps back are slightly better than Galways.which in the end might give us the edge,Galway certainly  wont get the space cork gave them,Tipp by 3/4 points

johnneycool

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 13, 2015, 11:37:16 AM
both sets of forwards are very good,but I think Tipps back are slightly better than Galways.which in the end might give us the edge,Galway certainly  wont get the space cork gave them,Tipp by 3/4 points

In general play I'd agree that Tipps backs are better, but I think in the air, not so good, so expect a bit of an aerial bombardment especially around the two wing back positions for Flynn and co, and edge of the square where Joe may be deployed a bit more than he normally resides.

I'd expect to see the Tipp midfielders try run through the centre of the Galway defence where big Tannion wouldn't be the best at covering the ground, and I'd say they too will avoid him from their puckouts or clearances as he likes to come onto a high ball rather than be moved sideways or back facing his own goals. He'll play deep anyway to reduce the space for Callanan to operate in.

Galway can win this one and they'll believe that they can.  They'll need to get a goal or two as I can see Tipp get some up the other end. Goes without saying, but Joe will need to trouble the score board from open play more than he has to date.
Tipp will be hungry as well for another rattle at a weaker Kilkenny so I hope its a good game, sorely lacking so far this year..

Canalman

Really looking forward to this game. Winners will win AI imvho.

Tipped Tipp (pun intended) at beginning of year to win it out but I have been really impressed with Galway this year. A steeliness in them with their annual disaster of game behind them.

Think Galway will win.

Btw, great value on Sunday with 3 games on the card for those with the energy to sit through them all.

mikehunt

Being a Galway man it's good to see them trying until the final whistle. While they were being out played against Kilkenny they hung in and didn't drop the heads like a lot of previous Galway teams. Unfortunately I don't think the skill levels of a few of them are what they should be and the forwards don't seem to work as a unit. Tipp have the better hurlers and should win but hopefully we wire in to them early and often. Tipp would be windy enough and will always give u a chance. Good to see Noel McGrath back on the panel. A class hurler.

paddyoslabs

Quote from: mikehunt on August 14, 2015, 11:48:47 AM
Being a Galway man it's good to see them trying until the final whistle. While they were being out played against Kilkenny they hung in and didn't drop the heads like a lot of previous Galway teams. Unfortunately I don't think the skill levels of a few of them are what they should be and the forwards don't seem to work as a unit. Tipp have the better hurlers and should win but hopefully we wire in to them early and often. Tipp would be windy enough and will always give u a chance. Good to see Noel McGrath back on the panel. A class hurler.

some good points there mike,but how can you say tipp are windy,Tipp are the only team too go toe to toe with kilkenny since 2009,Granted ye drew with them in 12.My point is a windy team would never last against the cats,speaking to kilkenny people over the years,they will say tipp are the only team they really fear in an all-Ireland,Galway are a fine team,but one good win v a very poor cork wont guarantee glory.Your right its great to see Noel Mcgrath back.up the premier