Biritish university hurling championship

Started by youngfella, November 01, 2008, 10:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bredaghexile

one of the RGU lads i was talking to said that their keeper during the british champs was a shinty player (mite explain some of the "saves" he tried to make lol)

youngfella

I dunno if your remenber it or not. A few years ago, sheffield entered a team into fray. I think there breakdown was two average but determined hurlers, 6 gaelic footballers and the rest were english hockey players. There were a couple which stand out from that year, the keeper of the team was a hockey keeper who was very brave he had a lot of saves to make and didnt use his stick once he dive at balls and palmed them away very strange look it worked well, looked wild sore.
Another time we got a free about 25 yards away from goal, and they made a wall!! The fella hitting it was told to go low, as he was striking the ball. the boys in the wall charged him and one was duty meet with a hurling travelling up wards of 80 mph, they didnt make a wall when the ref asked him to retake it !
English are very strange beings!

I've heard a few english and scottish voice when playing over its strange
Pull hard and early

bredaghexile

wouldnt have known bout that this is my first year at uni
in the scottish gaelic leagues there is a few scottish lads playing
i remember my mate telling me when he was playing a game in leeds he skint someone who subsquently shouted after him "you irish b******" which i thought a bit weird esp in a gaelic match lol

Silky

What British university are you at Bredaghexile?

bredaghgael86

I cant figure out who you are bredaghexile, its starting to nnoy me. ;D

bredaghexile

i was part of the minor team this year bredaghgael86...mcafee??
btw who are you?? was trying to work it out myself