Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Moonshine on August 20, 2019, 08:35:33 PM
Angelo, is this the same paul donaghy that was out in boston??? If so he couldn't make the sub  connermara gaels team in boston never mind making a county team dont make me laugh

I'd take more heed on his form with Edendork and Tyrone underage teams than a glorified piss up in the states.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Moonshine

Quote from: Angelo on August 20, 2019, 09:57:33 PM
Angelo, is this the same paul donaghy that was out in boston??? If so he couldn't make the sub  connermara gaels team in boston never mind making a county team dont make me laugh

I'd take more heed on his form with Edendork and Tyrone underage teams than a glorified piss up in the states.

You have sold me there get him on the Tyrone team as hes played underage football for Tyrone half of tyrone has played for tyrone there is that many stupid development squads now oh but wait he played a few good games for edendork..

redzone

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 20, 2019, 05:32:48 PM
Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on August 20, 2019, 04:56:50 PM
I see micky hughes got 0-5 for brocagh at the weekend in a dog fight with dregish if we have players in the county who can compete in these tight games would these players not be more suited for the county set up compared to the likes of peter harte who goes missing in big games?

Go away with that nonsense.

Good man Micky Hughes.Keeo them coming kid. Bomber will be naming him in 18 months time as man that should get a run out with the county

BennyHarp

I see micky hughes got 0-5 for brocagh at the weekend in a dog fight with dregish if we have players in the county who can compete in these tight games would these players not be more suited for the county set up compared to the likes of peter harte who goes missing in big games?

Petey Harte scored 2-4 at the weekend. Granted, it wasn't against Dregish though.
That was never a square ball!!

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Angelo on August 19, 2019, 10:18:28 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 19, 2019, 09:09:28 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 19, 2019, 08:51:24 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on August 19, 2019, 07:55:08 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 19, 2019, 04:40:28 PM
Rumours now going around that four players have opted out of the panel for the foreseeable. How you opt out in off season I'm not sure what the process is.

Heard N Sludden, K Coney, C McCann and C.Grugan had notified management of their intention to sit out the 2020 season........

I don't think C McCann is county standard and he'd be one of the lads I think we should be cutting for next year.

Think it would be hasty for Grugan to quit, he seemed to suffer a few injuries that held him back this year. Coney won't really offer much from the start but could be a decent option off the bench. Again I think it would be hasty but he doesn't really have the legs.

Sludden would be a loss but I think he struggled this year and seemed to be a bit lost as we began to move the ball more direct.

And this is the usual silly season. I doubt those lads are deciding whether they will play next year a week after the season has ended.

I'd say Colm Cavanagh will call it a day also. But sure all these players are no good and Harte is developing loads of future stars just like he's always done so we're grand. Please give Hitler Harte 3 more years.

I think we're lacking the players for an All Ireland but then again so are every county excluding Dublin.

Coney is the oldest player on the panel after Cavanagh and McCrory, he came back this year with a new attitude, I'd hate to see him pack it in after that year. He has something to offer but it will depend on how determined he is, likewise Grugan.

Guys like McClure, C McCann, Loughran, McCrory, B Burns, McHugh and McNabb have probably all seen their time now that they haven't made a sufficient impression for Tyrone, decent players but they're behind in pecking order now and are all past or in their mid 20s or beyond so I can't see them breaking the starting 15 or first 4 or 5 subs.

I wouldn't be calling Brennan back in this year, we have McCurry, McAliskey and Bradley probably to come back in and I don't think you can have more than 1 of those lads starting as they are all too small, I don't think Brennan gives you more than them at county level.. If you look at the starting Dublin, Kerry and Mayo forward lines from the semi finals - none of them had a forward under 6ft starting - that's just the way the game has evolved.

I was very disappointed with Brennan this year walking out mid season, these guys have their own lives and of course if you're not getting minutes it's frustrating but it was not unforeseeable for Brennan to make his way into the reckoning but you know the drill at the start of the season, it's a team effort and when you go midway like that then you're letting your team mates down and the management team. I can accept Ronan O'Neill going, I think he gave it his best shot but he saw the writing on the wall and knew that he doesn't have what it takes. He's been on the panel about 8 years now but seems like he was getting further away.

I'd like to see 11 or 12 new faces get a go for the McKenna Cup next year, see if they can bring anything different to the table. I think young Canavan and Murnaghan should go to the U20s again next year, maybe give them some minutes in the league but I don't think they're ready to make an impact at senior level.

Your talking about Brennan walking away yet you name 3 players - McCurry, McAliskey and Bradley, 1 of which who walked away last year and 1 whos walked away this year? Did you accept Stevie O'Neil walking away the year he came back and we brought him on in the ALl Ireland Final?

Also you stated that "none of them had a forward under 6ft starting - that's just the way the game has evolved" - Maybe they just are not good enuf, the best player on the field against Tyrone - Stephen O'Brien - isn't over 6ft tall

Angelo

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 21, 2019, 07:14:58 AM
Rumours now going around that four players have opted out of the panel for the foreseeable. How you opt out in off season I'm not sure what the process is.

Heard N Sludden, K Coney, C McCann and C.Grugan had notified management of their intention to sit out the 2020 season........

I don't think C McCann is county standard and he'd be one of the lads I think we should be cutting for next year.

Think it would be hasty for Grugan to quit, he seemed to suffer a few injuries that held him back this year. Coney won't really offer much from the start but could be a decent option off the bench. Again I think it would be hasty but he doesn't really have the legs.

Sludden would be a loss but I think he struggled this year and seemed to be a bit lost as we began to move the ball more direct.

And this is the usual silly season. I doubt those lads are deciding whether they will play next year a week after the season has ended.

I'd say Colm Cavanagh will call it a day also. But sure all these players are no good and Harte is developing loads of future stars just like he's always done so we're grand. Please give Hitler Harte 3 more years.

I think we're lacking the players for an All Ireland but then again so are every county excluding Dublin.

Coney is the oldest player on the panel after Cavanagh and McCrory, he came back this year with a new attitude, I'd hate to see him pack it in after that year. He has something to offer but it will depend on how determined he is, likewise Grugan.

Guys like McClure, C McCann, Loughran, McCrory, B Burns, McHugh and McNabb have probably all seen their time now that they haven't made a sufficient impression for Tyrone, decent players but they're behind in pecking order now and are all past or in their mid 20s or beyond so I can't see them breaking the starting 15 or first 4 or 5 subs.

I wouldn't be calling Brennan back in this year, we have McCurry, McAliskey and Bradley probably to come back in and I don't think you can have more than 1 of those lads starting as they are all too small, I don't think Brennan gives you more than them at county level.. If you look at the starting Dublin, Kerry and Mayo forward lines from the semi finals - none of them had a forward under 6ft starting - that's just the way the game has evolved.

I was very disappointed with Brennan this year walking out mid season, these guys have their own lives and of course if you're not getting minutes it's frustrating but it was not unforeseeable for Brennan to make his way into the reckoning but you know the drill at the start of the season, it's a team effort and when you go midway like that then you're letting your team mates down and the management team. I can accept Ronan O'Neill going, I think he gave it his best shot but he saw the writing on the wall and knew that he doesn't have what it takes. He's been on the panel about 8 years now but seems like he was getting further away.

I'd like to see 11 or 12 new faces get a go for the McKenna Cup next year, see if they can bring anything different to the table. I think young Canavan and Murnaghan should go to the U20s again next year, maybe give them some minutes in the league but I don't think they're ready to make an impact at senior level.

Your talking about Brennan walking away yet you name 3 players - McCurry, McAliskey and Bradley, 1 of which who walked away last year and 1 whos walked away this year? Did you accept Stevie O'Neil walking away the year he came back and we brought him on in the ALl Ireland Final?

Also you stated that "none of them had a forward under 6ft starting - that's just the way the game has evolved" - Maybe they just are not good enuf, the best player on the field against Tyrone - Stephen O'Brien - isn't over 6ft tall

There's a huge difference between stepping away before the new season starts and right in the middle of the Championship season. I would have felt similar with McCurry last year but at the very least he did it before we entered Championship. Bradley also had his reasons as he wasn't around to commit.

Stephen O'Neill was prompted by injury problems, Lee Brennan was prompted by not wanting to fight for his place.

Stephen O'Brien is 6ft.

Angelo

Quote from: Moonshine on August 20, 2019, 10:04:01 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 20, 2019, 09:57:33 PM

You have sold me there get him on the Tyrone team as hes played underage football for Tyrone half of tyrone has played for tyrone there is that many stupid development squads now oh but wait he played a few good games for edendork..

That's quite an idiotic comment when you square that up with the logic of a lad not getting a game for a side he's over on a holiday with.

Donaghy was a standout performer with the u20s last year, he was their top scorer. He had a good Championship with Edendork who made it to the senior semi final. He's a big lad who plays inside, he is a natural forward who knows where the posts are - something we don't have many of and you're willing to write him off because he didn't play for some club where he's over on a summer holiday.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Angelo on August 21, 2019, 07:35:59 AM

There's a huge difference between stepping away before the new season starts and right in the middle of the Championship season. I would have felt similar with McCurry last year but at the very least he did it before we entered Championship. Bradley also had his reasons as he wasn't around to commit.

Stephen O'Neill was prompted by injury problems, Lee Brennan was prompted by not wanting to fight for his place.

Stephen O'Brien is 6ft.

Bradley also had his reasons as he wasn't around to commit  :D :D :D Yes the smell of the Dollar!! Same as McCurry last year!!

Look Ive no problem with players leaving, they arent contracted to stay, you just sound like someone who got gripes on Brennan as you've an excuse for every other player, you'd obv like to chase Grugan and Coney and Mattie D aswel as they've previously walked away from the panel..

Also whats you take on Darragh Canavan then -  too small?? I guess time will tell but he'd be a man I think id be building my team around in a few years time

Angelo

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 21, 2019, 07:42:21 AM

Stephen O'Brien is 6ft.

Bradley also had his reasons as he wasn't around to commit  :D :D :D Yes the smell of the Dollar!! Same as McCurry last year!!

Look Ive no problem with players leaving, they arent contracted to stay, you just sound like someone who got gripes on Brennan as you've an excuse for every other player, you'd obv like to chase Grugan and Coney and Mattie D aswel as they've previously walked away from the panel..

Also whats you take on Darragh Canavan then -  too small?? I guess time will tell but he'd be a man I think id be building my team around in a few years time

In case you didn't know, Bradley was studying in Liverpool this year and opted out as a result.

Players should make that decision at the start of the year, you're there for the year otherwise, not storming out in a strop because you don't want to fight for your place. How many league games did Brennan play for Trillick after leaving the panel?

You're not listening, I've no issue with a player opting off a panel but it should before the season starts. Donnelly and Grugan withdrew themselves for selection at the start of the year, that is no problem and similar to Mark Bradley this year. It allows the manager to look at other players and allows other players to make an impression through the league. Coney threw a strop after being subbed in the McKenna Cup game, I'm not sure did he withdraw himself after or did Harte drop him but Coney has accepted recently that his attitude was all wrong first time around.

It's not a difficult differentiation to make, but you seem to be making a pigs ear of understanding it. Would you rather a builder tells you he is not able to do a job than starting it off then jacking it halfway, leaving you high and dry?

I wouldn't have Brennan back next year on those grounds, I don't think he offers us much more than McAliskey, McCurry and Bradley. We won't be fielding a forward line with all those small forwards playing, we already have the likes of Harte and Sludden who are under 6ft in that forward line so at most it's going to be one of the above 3 and that's really all we will be putting in it unless Sludden or Harte miss out.

As for Canavan, I think he should stick to u20s next year, I don't think he's physically ready yet. When he does come into the senior setup I see him playing out deeper.

Under Lights

Quote from: redzone on August 20, 2019, 10:32:33 PM

Good man Micky Hughes.Keeo them coming kid. Bomber will be naming him in 18 months time as man that should get a run out with the county

He done alright at the trials at the start of the year imo.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Under Lights on August 21, 2019, 08:00:06 AM
Quote from: redzone on August 20, 2019, 10:32:33 PM

He done alright at the trials at the start of the year imo.

Dublin probably had a spy at the Brocagh-Dregish game. Keeping all bases covered nationwide.

tyroneman

Has yr man Meegan, who playes for Ballymacnab in Armagh ever come into consideration? Friends down that way tell me he's a very decent midfielder.

I beleive he transferred form Eskra, but is certainly at the top table in term of Armagh club football

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Angelo on August 21, 2019, 07:52:31 AM

Stephen O'Brien is 6ft.

In case you didn't know, Bradley was studying in Liverpool this year and opted out as a result.

Players should make that decision at the start of the year, you're there for the year otherwise, not storming out in a strop because you don't want to fight for your place. How many league games did Brennan play for Trillick after leaving the panel?

You're not listening, I've no issue with a player opting off a panel but it should before the season starts. Donnelly and Coney withdrew themselves for selection at the start of the year, that is no problem and similar to Mark Bradley this year. It allows the manager to look at other players and allows other players to make an impression through the league. Coney threw a strop after being subbed in the McKenna Cup game, I'm not sure did he withdraw himself after or did Harte drop him but Coney has accepted recently that his attitude was all wrong first time around.

It's not a difficult differentiation to make, but you seem to be making a pigs ear of understanding it. Would you rather a builder tells you he is not able to do a job than starting it off then jacking it halfway, leaving you high and dry?

I wouldn't have Brennan back next year on those grounds, I don't think he offers us much more than McAliskey, McCurry and Bradley. We won't be fielding a forward line with all those small forwards playing, we already have the likes of Harte and Sludden who are under 6ft in that forward line so at most it's going to be one of the above 3 and that's really all we will be putting in it unless Sludden or Harte miss out.

As for Canavan, I think he should stick to u20s next year, I don't think he's physically ready yet. When he does come into the senior setup I see him playing out deeper.

Im sure he's played most of the games for them as he's available for starred games now, well I know Id rather a team of Peter Canavans in my team than a team of 6ft dung bags..
You reckon Canavan would make it now on the Tyrone team, seeing as he's under 6ft you'd have your doubts??

Angelo

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 21, 2019, 09:06:05 AM

Stephen O'Brien is 6ft.

You're not listening, I've no issue with a player opting off a panel but it should before the season starts. Donnelly and Coney withdrew themselves for selection at the start of the year, that is no problem and similar to Mark Bradley this year. It allows the manager to look at other players and allows other players to make an impression through the league. Coney threw a strop after being subbed in the McKenna Cup game, I'm not sure did he withdraw himself after or did Harte drop him but Coney has accepted recently that his attitude was all wrong first time around.

Im sure he's played most of the games for them as he's available for starred games now, well I know Id rather a team of Peter Canavans in my team than a team of 6ft dung bags..
You reckon Canavan would make it now on the Tyrone team, seeing as he's under 6ft you'd have your doubts??

I think Canavan would operate out around the 45 yard line in today's game and he was a special once in a generation talent.

The game has changed, there are barely a handful of small, slight corner forwards playing the game anymore and you need to be a very special player to do so or have pace to burn or real power.

Name me some small forwards that are pivotal to a top team right now? There were none starting for any of the other 3 semi finalists.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Angelo on August 21, 2019, 09:12:44 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on August 21, 2019, 09:06:05 AM

Stephen O'Brien is 6ft.

I think Canavan would operate out around the 45 yard line in today's game and he was a special once in a generation talent.

The game has changed, there are barely a handful of small, slight corner forwards playing the game anymore and you need to be a very special player to do so or have pace to burn or real power.

Name me some small forwards that are pivotal to a top team right now? There were none starting for any of the other 3 semi finalists.

Niall Scully and Brian Howard both under 6ft...