Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Tyrone may have the best defence and Kerry have nice forwards
Kerry want to beat the Dubs to stop the 5 in a row.
Kerry never beat peak Tyrone and collected compensatory Sams vs Mayo and Cork
Should be a good match
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tyroneman

skeog

Tyrone will have the feeling of defeat in final last year as motivation.Tyrone to win narrowly.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 05, 2019, 10:22:58 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 05, 2019, 10:21:22 AM
Kerry have 4/5 forwards that could rack up a game winning score.

Tyrone have 1....maybe 2.

That'll be the difference I'm afraid.

Those 4 or 5 game winning forwards won't have faced anything like what they'll face on Sunday in fairness.

They played and drew with Donegal and beat Mayo. I'd actually argue Mayo's defence is better than Tyrone man for man.

But it's worrying, Kerry could put up a score of something stupid with ease. If Tyrone win you suspect it'll be a cagey affair, I don't get the feeling Tyrone are good enough at the back to hold all of the Kingdom attack for the whole game.

This is the game where we'll find out just how good both these teams are.

Wildweasel74

Literally don't know who win this one. I As without sky I haven't seen Kerry this year. I seen Tyrone and I have Donegal and Mayo ahead them. Where Kerry is on the rungof the ladder I just don't know.

Angelo

I think it will come down to the midfield battle. I think with the way Tyrone play and how good they are at forcing turnovers and breaking at pace that if we can break even 50/50 on the restarts then we will have a fantastic chance to win this game. We simply have to ruthless in front of goal though, in the last meeting in 2015 Tyrone kicked that game away with missed goal chances and missed frees.

If Kerry dictate the restarts then it's going to be extremely difficult for Tyrone.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

under the bar

Quote from: t_mac on August 04, 2019, 10:06:17 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM
Kerry 8/11
Draw 15/2
Tyrone 6/4

Another all Ireland semi against the Kingdom. Memories of 03 and 15 come to mind. Really hard to call this one. Feels like a huge game for Tyrone. Win and they will silence the critics who say they haven't beaten a top class team when it matters.

An AISF feels like a huge game. Are all Tyronies on the sauce  ;D

Your last AISF was v Tyrone in 2005!  Still hurting I see  ;D ;D

WhoDat

i think kerry will win this. tyrone more organised and will be very tight defensively, but kerry have more top quality players and it will come to the fore as the game wears on.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I think we will need a monumental midfield/defensive effort for this one, and on the back of which, we just might prevail. Kerry will be coming into this one brimming with confidence, doubtless, but the more arduous Tyrone path to this Championship juncture should stand to us.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

RedHand88

The Sunday game piece on how Kerry leave their full back exposed was a real eye opener. I can just imagine Donnelly and McShane exploiting that on Sunday  8)

Whishtup

The only thing that this Kerry team are lacking in is experience of playing at this stage of the championship and for me this will get Tyrone over the line. 

Angelo

Maurice Deegan to referee this.

He absolutely shafted us in the same fixture in 2015.

Angelo

With regards to the team for this there would be four players who could find their place in question - HP, McKernan, Kennedy and McCurry.

I thought McCurry was really poor against Cork and I'd use him off the bench next week as a result. McKernan is also better off the bench, he switches off on his defensive duties far too much. I think Kennedy starts, he gives that size and drive around the middle of the pitch, I'd like to see him start becoming more of a target on kickouts.

Tiernan McCann didn't do enough Sunday to force his way in, I'm not sure how up to speed Hampsey is or how fit he is but I think he needs to start. Cassidy did well and should start if fit but he picked up a knock before he came off.

Think I would go with something along the lines of:

1. Morgan
2. HP
3. McNamee
4. Brennan
5. Cassidy
6. Hampsey
7. Burns
8. Cavanagh
9. Kennedy
10. McGeary
11. Sludden
12. Mattie
13. Harte
14. McShane
15. Meyler

The match ups will be important, Clifford, Geaney, O'Shea and O'Brien all need to be tagged and all need it to be done well.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on August 06, 2019, 07:11:59 AM

Tyronies complaining about being shafted by a ref the laughs keep coming, a few years ago this wold have been on page 10 by now - Tyronies playing coy or just the reality of playing a top team sinking in?

kerryforsam19

Quote from: Angelo on August 06, 2019, 07:11:59 AM

He could have sent off Ronan McNabb for the high tackle on Gooch and rightly booked Padraig Nulty for dive at the end.