David Clifford to surpass the Gooch?

Started by CumminsCiderLarry, June 03, 2018, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerryforsam19

Quote from: WhoDat on July 19, 2019, 05:12:34 PM
Quote from: kerryforsam19 on July 19, 2019, 04:41:17 PM
What was your initial post about?

That he has a strong character, likes to do things his own way, can be a bit of a handful, etc. My post had nothing to do with drink or what have you, just a general attitude.

Apologies I took you  up wrong.

kerryforsam19

Gave a exhibition of point kicking against tyrone. Wont be long when himself and Seanie Shea surpass Cillian OConnor on the scoreboard.

Wildweasel74

The Gooch wasn't ever better than Maurice Fitz within his own county.

henrym14

Clifford to make dung of the dubs.MOTM and first goalscorer

Gazza M

Clifford has a long way to go before he can be compared to Gooch. Has the potential but not even a conversation at this stage.

henrym14

Clifford was imense.  Definitely a all star for no 13

reillycavan

Paul Murphy new Kerry captain taking over from Clifford 

macker15

David giving an exhibition. Watching 47 years. This man is a god.

SHEEDY

David Clifford.... What a performance, unreal talent.
nil satis nisi optimum

greatpoint

A Munster semi-final would be a much better occasion to put in a performance than a league game against a crumbling Galway.

John Egans left boot

Quote from: greatpoint on May 15, 2021, 04:17:24 PM
A Munster semi-final would be a much better occasion to put in a performance than a league game against a crumbling Galway.

Some nonsense talked on here, the post I quoted above hits the nail in Kerry we judge our players by medals and there not Munster medals, when u look at Clifford in ten years time and he hasn't 5/6 medals then forget it when we look at him and Seany Shea, and then you compare them to gooch Spillane dara o connide Declan o Sullivan oggie Moran bomber Mickey S etc yes they all played in different eras but  forget about it a. Clifford has a lot of potential as a man says he hasn't quite done it yet in Kerry terms (all Ireland medals )

Boycey

I don't care of he never gets a medal he's a joy to watch... Some people be determined to suck the life out of everything

macker15

Quote from: John Egans left boot on May 15, 2021, 04:27:03 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on May 15, 2021, 04:17:24 PM

Some nonsense talked on here, the post I quoted above hits the nail in Kerry we judge our players by medals and there not Munster medals, when u look at Clifford in ten years time and he hasn't 5/6 medals then forget it when we look at him and Seany Shea, and then you compare them to gooch Spillane dara o connide Declan o Sullivan oggie Moran bomber Mickey S etc yes they all played in different eras but  forget about it a. Clifford has a lot of potential as a man says he hasn't quite done it yet in Kerry terms (all Ireland medals )

Gooch and Dec Sullivan seemed to disappear in key moments against Tyrone and Dublin.

thewobbler

Clifford is a better player than Gooch.

He might already be the most complete forward to play the game.