107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

armaghniac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 23, 2015, 03:44:04 PM
Thanks for letting me know who I should or shouldn't have respect for.

You obviously need some guidance.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Oraisteach

Tony, what would the Pastor in Chief, Pope Francis, think of your call for people who voted YES to stay away from church?  I think he'd admire those who followed their conscience instead of blindly following some edict.  Don't think JC would be driving away people either.  You have a curious notion of Christianity.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: armaghniac on May 23, 2015, 03:49:12 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 23, 2015, 03:44:04 PM
Thanks for letting me know who I should or shouldn't have respect for.

You obviously need some guidance.

Nah, you're ok.

T Fearon

Oraisteach I don't know what Pope Francis would think.I only know that it is nonsensical to act contrary to the beliefs of a Church then attend the Church citing a conscience clause.

beer baron

Anything to be said for another mass?

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 04:06:07 PM
Oraisteach I don't know what Pope Francis would think.I only know that it is nonsensical to act contrary to the beliefs of a Church then attend the Church citing a conscience clause.

And what about your activities that are contrary to the beliefs of your church?

Gabriel_Hurl

Sure the Bible says no gambling and Big T is at it flat out

From the Bunker

Two miraculous medals found in ballot box in #castlebar

Agent Orange

Archbishop Diarmuid Martin says the Catholic Church needs to do a reality check right across the board.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/602142372848390144

From the Bunker

Quote from: Agent Orange on May 23, 2015, 05:12:34 PM
Archbishop Diarmuid Martin says the Catholic Church needs to do a reality check right across the board.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/602142372848390144

In fairness this is not a rejection of the Catholic Church, no more than it is the endorsement of the Government. 

topcuppla

The hypocrisy on this board defies belief, no one is allowed to question any facet of the gay community (well they can but they are homophobic!!) yet people here can quite happily lambaste and berate a whole religious order because of the actions of a minority.  For all those patting Irish society on the back for standing up for one section of the Irish community whilst attacking another section of the Irish community you should all hold your heads in shame.

macdanger2

Did Renua have a position on this referendum? Would have thought they would have been on the conservative end of things

From the Bunker

macdanger2

I suppose they're trying to appeal to both conservative Ireland and young Ireland