107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

armaghniac

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 22, 2015, 11:20:24 PM
What next Armaghniac? The Governor of Florida talking about hanging chads? The right wing playbook is very predictable. "The Election was stolen!!" Anything to discredit the process. Are you sure you're not Karl Rove?

FFS can I not post on anything without someone posting some reference to an American nobody has ever heard of! If I had commented on the weather some of yous would have laid into me. I didn't say that the election was stolen, because I don't think the margin is close. I think it is fair comment to say that the electoral register wasn't in great shape and a mature person would accept the truth of that without the mean spirited comments.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

macdanger2

The electoral register is a complete shambles, you need to provide very little to get on it, or at least you did a few years back anyway. It should really be linked to your pps number.

PP odds are now @ 62.5 for the over / under, probably not far wrong.

The polling booths were very busy earlier when I voted, there was a real sense of change in the air

T Fearon

Yes Rossfan! At the Armagh V Donegal game!

easytiger95

Quote from: armaghniac on May 22, 2015, 08:05:43 PM
It is clear that the electoral register is in bits, which is hardly news, quite apart from the people living in England flying home there are all sorts of stories of non Irish citizens voting.

If you don't like the way the result might be going, you need to frame the result in a manner advantageous to your cause. So you need to de -ligitimise it.

First thing to do is to say you've heard stories of non-citizens voting. When someone asks you where the stories came from, what the source is, ignore it. Because the story is now that people are asking questions about stories about voter fraud. It's right wing tactics for junior infants, it is incredibly "mean-spirited", and if you don't know who Karl Rove is, how do you know he is American? Karl? Karl...you there Karl?......

armaghniac

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 22, 2015, 11:44:28 PM
It is clear that the electoral register is in bits, which is hardly news, quite apart from the people living in England flying home there are all sorts of stories of non Irish citizens voting.

If you don't like the way the result might be going, you need to frame the result in a manner advantageous to your cause. So you need to de -ligitimise it.

As I said, I didn't make any claim as to the nature of the result. I merely said that one of these days a result may be close enough that this becomes an issue.

QuoteFirst thing to do is to say you've heard stories of non-citizens voting. When someone asks you where the stories came from, what the source is, ignore it. Because the story is now that people are asking questions about stories about voter fraud.

On social media people are talking about this. I've no doubt that the yes campaign have fraudulently added people to the register for this, for some people the end means justifies the means, whether it be registering people or calling them names on discussion boards. However, with well over one million voting for this I doubt whether a few hundred fraudulent entries on the register in Dublin makes any real difference. However, you seem to have the same approach here as some Tyrone followers and the sledging, pretend it doesn't exist at all, when everyone knows it does.

QuoteIt's right wing tactics for junior infants, it is incredibly "mean-spirited", and if you don't know who Karl Rove is, how do you know he is American? Karl? Karl...you there Karl?......

you and others have already alluded to Americans, it was an intelligent guess than this person was American also. Unlike you I am not interested in America.

laoislad

Ah sure it was only a tongue in cheek comment so that's ok then,and sure it's not like you said it to someone's face. Blah blah blah...

I always hear the same thing when someone uses the word retard and I challenge them over it.

Problem is,as someone else said,you don't know who is reading this and words like f**got,retard and so on believe me can hurt people more than you it seems can understand.
They may be only words to you but to other people it's just another example of the challenges they face daily dealing with people just like you.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

easytiger95

Quote from: armaghniac on May 22, 2015, 11:57:47 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on May 22, 2015, 11:44:28 PM

As I said, I didn't make any claim as to the nature of the result. I merely said that one of these days a result may be close enough that this becomes an issue.

QuoteFirst thing to do is to say you've heard stories of non-citizens voting. When someone asks you where the stories came from, what the source is, ignore it. Because the story is now that people are asking questions about stories about voter fraud.

On social media people are talking about this. I've no doubt that the yes campaign have fraudulently added people to the register for this, for some people the end means justifies the means, whether it be registering people or calling them names on discussion boards. However, with well over one million voting for this I doubt whether a few hundred fraudulent entries on the register in Dublin makes any real difference. However, you seem to have the same approach here as some Tyrone followers and the sledging, pretend it doesn't exist at all, when everyone knows it does.

QuoteIt's right wing tactics for junior infants, it is incredibly "mean-spirited", and if you don't know who Karl Rove is, how do you know he is American? Karl? Karl...you there Karl?......

you and others have already alluded to Americans, it was an intelligent guess than this person was American also. Unlike you I am not interested in America.

Oh, right, people are talking about it on the internet!! It must be true. And if it is true, it is only the Yes side who would stoop so low. De - legitimise your opponent - that way the result doesn't matter. The creed of the bitter-ender.

Care to post any links to these social media?

One thing I did learn fairly early from sport was how to lose.

Shamrock Shore

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteI've no doubt that the yes campaign have fraudulently added people to the register for this

So the yes campaigners are engaging in electoral fraud now???

armaghniac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 23, 2015, 12:26:32 AM
QuoteI've no doubt that the yes campaign have fraudulently added people to the register for this

Are you denying that in the 26 counties that some yes campaigners engaged in electoral fraud?

Rossfan

After 120 pages of Gaaboardism it just remains for the votes to be counted as the "free state"/26 Cos is led by the will of the people (well those who are citizens and registered to vote and voted anyway).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: armaghniac on May 23, 2015, 12:45:12 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 23, 2015, 12:26:32 AM

Are you denying that in the 26 counties that some yes campaigners engaged in electoral fraud?

I'm not the one making any claims about the Yes campaign - you are.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on May 23, 2015, 12:59:44 AM
After 120 pages of Gaaboardism it just remains for the votes to be counted as the "free state"/26 Cos is led by the will of the people (well those who are citizens and registered to vote and voted anyway).

Those who are citizens and registered to vote and voted and those who are not citizens and managed to vote.

T Fearon

The vote applies to the free state only.If proper democracy applied on this island,a No vote would be recorded as all unionists in the north are opposed to gay marriage as are the majority of Catholics.

Sadly a Yes vote will widen further the chasm between North and South,and lessen further the appeal of unification to many Catholics never mind unionists

gallsman

Quote from: armaghniac on May 22, 2015, 08:36:19 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 22, 2015, 08:21:40 PM
Turnout going to be decent. This is just as well, indeed there is a case for some minimum turnout requirement for constitutional referenda, which might mean they would plan them better. It is clear that the electoral register is in bits, which is hardly news, quite apart from the people living in England flying home there are all sorts of stories of non Irish citizens voting. This wasn't a problem 30 years ago, but if something was close and a lot of people not entitled to vote did so it could become controversial.

Presumably turnout is affected the bookies odds.

hahahahahahahahahaha ........................ what a complete pile of shite

So what are you saying, that there are no non Irish people voting? That the register is perfect?

Do you even oboe the rules about who is allowed to vote, and the rationale for it?