107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

topcuppla

Quote from: muppet on May 22, 2015, 12:24:56 AM
This is the bit where you connect arguing for a yes vote with the previous line, after AZOffaly calls you out.

Don't let facts get in the way now.  No harm to AZ but he couldn't call bingo numbers out.

topcuppla

Hardly matters if No wins, a democracy means vote until the establishment gets the vote it requires.  Expect another referendum before christmas!

muppet

Quote from: topcuppla on May 22, 2015, 07:44:12 PM
Most of this board probably on looking for a man.

A tongue in cheek comment on a totally different thread - that's all you have got!

Different thread, same homophobia though.
MWWSI 2017

topcuppla

Quote from: muppet on May 22, 2015, 07:49:29 PM

A tongue in cheek comment on a totally different thread - that's all you have got!

So now I am homophobic, there are people on here belittling gays and making comments at their expense, but someone who supports gay marriage is homophobic.  You must be rubbish at poker as you always will only have 4 cards to play with and one permanent homophobic card ready to pounce.

muppet

Quote from: topcuppla on May 22, 2015, 07:54:32 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 22, 2015, 07:49:29 PM

So now I am homophobic, there are people on here belittling gays and making comments at their expense, but someone who supports gay marriage is homophobic.  You must be rubbish at poker as you always will only have 4 cards to play with and one permanent homophobic card ready to pounce.

This is your post isn't it?

Quote from: topcuppla on May 02, 2015, 07:59:27 AM
Homosexuality is now actively promoted in society, it appears cool to be gay (and yes it is a choice, I know someone who is gay who when they came out turned camp as any stereotypical homosexual) I say again to all the people campaigning for gay rights you would shit a kitten if your son / daughter told you they were gay - no matter what crap you are going to spout here, a man indulging in sexual gratification with another man is not a normal (and I am just using men here as it appears to be all men here), yes people have human rights, they should be able to get married and have all legal right for financial security that brings, but for two men to adopt a child is tantamount to child abuse in my opinion.

MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 22, 2015, 02:33:07 PM
Bookies odds swinging significantly in favour of a yes. Looks like it will be comfortable, approx. 60-40.

Yeah, 61.5 now

topcuppla

I stand by every word, especially two men adopting a child, whats your point, let them marry, let them have the same rights as the rest, what they do is NOT normal in my opinion, and you would shit a brick if your son brought Barry home as his partner but you would never admit it here, deep down though you know it is true.  Am I homophobic - no but I do have opinions, tell  this if anyone questions any facet of black culture are they racist?  Is no one allowed to have an opinion anymore without being branded by keyboard warriors like yourself who probably types one thing and thinks another, you keep suppressing them thoughts!!

armaghniac

Turnout going to be decent. This is just as well, indeed there is a case for some minimum turnout requirement for constitutional referenda, which might mean they would plan them better. It is clear that the electoral register is in bits, which is hardly news, quite apart from the people living in England flying home there are all sorts of stories of non Irish citizens voting. This wasn't a problem 30 years ago, but if something was close and a lot of people not entitled to vote did so it could become controversial.

Presumably turnout is affected the bookies odds.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: topcuppla on May 22, 2015, 07:45:50 PM
Hardly matters if No wins, a democracy means vote until the establishment gets the vote it requires.  Expect another referendum before christmas!
Nonsense.

Dissolution of Marriage was rejected in 1986 and next run in November 1995.
Protection of Human Life in Pregnancy was rejected in 2002 and hasn't been run since.
Houses of the Oireachtas Inquiries was rejected in 2011 and hasn't been re-run.

Even the Nice and Lisbon polls were re-run over a year apart.

macdanger2

Quote from: topcuppla on May 22, 2015, 08:04:59 PM
I stand by every word, especially two men adopting a child, whats your point, let them marry, let them have the same rights as the rest, what they do is NOT normal in my opinion, and you would shit a brick if your son brought Barry home as his partner but you would never admit it here, deep down though you know it is true.  Am I homophobic - no but I do have opinions, tell  this if anyone questions any facet of black culture are they racist?  Is no one allowed to have an opinion anymore without being branded by keyboard warriors like yourself who probably types one thing and thinks another, you keep suppressing them thoughts!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maguire01

Quote from: topcuppla on May 22, 2015, 08:04:59 PM
I can honestly say I wouldn't. Attitudes have changed. The biggest fear for most parents of younger generations would not be their children coming out, but how their children would have to deal with the attitudes of those who would make it difficult for them.

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on May 22, 2015, 08:05:43 PM
Turnout going to be decent. This is just as well, indeed there is a case for some minimum turnout requirement for constitutional referenda, which might mean they would plan them better. It is clear that the electoral register is in bits, which is hardly news, quite apart from the people living in England flying home there are all sorts of stories of non Irish citizens voting. This wasn't a problem 30 years ago, but if something was close and a lot of people not entitled to vote did so it could become controversial.

"All sorts of stories" indeed. And who is telling these stories?

Gabriel_Hurl

hahahahahahahahahaha ........................ what a complete pile of shite

armaghniac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 22, 2015, 08:21:40 PM

hahahahahahahahahaha ........................ what a complete pile of shite

So what are you saying, that there are no non Irish people voting? That the register is perfect?

armaghniac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 22, 2015, 08:43:38 PM
How are people getting their ballots if they aren't registered?  ::)

I didn't say they weren't registered.