I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

LeoMc

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 22, 2015, 08:10:58 AM
63-37%
Think it will be much closer, older conservative people more likely to be registered and living in their constituency whilst the younger more liberal vote is more likely to be away from home and possibly not registered where they are living requiring additional travel to cast the vote. With the big margins being predicted this can lead to apathy in the Yes voters.

Maguire01

Maguire01

Quote from: LeoMc on May 22, 2015, 08:15:13 AM
63-37%
Think it will be much closer, older conservative people more likely to be registered and living in their constituency whilst the younger more liberal vote is more likely to be away from home and possibly not registered where they are living requiring additional travel to cast the vote. With the big margins being predicted this can lead to apathy in the Yes voters.
Hozier is flying home just to vote. Probably not too many able to do that though.

ballinaman

Yes 71 % NO 68 %.....a very surprising close result.

haranguerer

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 22, 2015, 08:17:48 AM
63-37%
Hozier is flying home just to vote. Probably not too many able to do that though.

No postal/proxy votes??

Owenmoresider

52-48 Yes I suspect. As with Lisbon 2 i expect that I'll be on the losing side here.

andoireabu

63-37%
Supposedly Dublin airport was very busy yesterday with people coming home and you would assume it is to vote. 63% yes for me
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

AZOffaly

Quote from: ballinaman on May 22, 2015, 08:40:06 AM
Yes 71 % NO 68 %.....a very surprising close result.

That would be a very surprising result alright 😀

macdanger2

Quote from: andoireabu on May 22, 2015, 09:19:40 AM
63-37%
Supposedly Dublin airport was very busy yesterday with people coming home and you would assume it is to vote. 63% yes for me

Yeah, apparently all Ryanair flights to Dublin today are sold out - not sure how much that means though, it'd probably be @70% anyway on a normal weekend

screenexile

I think this vote will have a larger than usual turnout for the young vote compared to General or By Elections as this is a very important issue with a very simple outcome rather than some cheatin' bollix getting into the Dail again. Also the radio is talking of a lot of people flying into Ireland yesterday and today with #hometovote trending.

Yes there will be a lot of secret no voters and the "Christians" will be out in force but I still think common sense will prevail in a roughly 70-30 split.

How long do we wait for a result?

AZOffaly

I voted on the way in to work and it was quiet in Newport compared to a General Election say. Not sure what that indicates.

deiseach

Quote from: screenexile on May 22, 2015, 09:38:07 AM
Yes there will be a lot of secret no voters and the "Christians" will be out in force but I still think common sense will prevail in a roughly 70-30 split.

I'm sure there are, but 20+% of the electorate are lying to the opinion polls? Now that really would be a shock to the system. 70-30 sounds about right to me.

Tubberman

If my facebook feed is any indication of national intent (and it's not), then it's Yes by a landslide.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

muppet

Quote from: Tubberman on May 22, 2015, 10:34:29 AM
If my facebook feed is any indication of national intent (and it's not), then it's Yes by a landslide.

If they were really concerned they would probably have put on free all-day bingo in every town hall and that would have delivered an easy yes vote.
MWWSI 2017