I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

J70

Quote from: Rudi on May 18, 2015, 06:36:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 18, 2015, 05:52:41 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 18, 2015, 02:54:06 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on May 18, 2015, 02:11:54 PM

The rest of your post is just pathetic drivel that doesn't warrant a decent response.

I was originally on the yes side, however on social media sites I was pissed off with comments like the above. Play the ball and not the man. I don't agree with your opinion its shite and your a t@at. Its a discussion forum for f'ck sake. The first part of your post was fine, you should have left it at that.

You're voting "No" because some idiots on social media sites hurt your feelings?

How old are you? Six?

"I'm taking my ball and I'm going home!"

Vote "Yes" or "No" because you think it is the right thing to do, not because you're having a hissy fit!
Play the ball not the man, don't be patronising.

Patronising or not, playing the ball is my point.

You claimed to have changed your mind, NOT on account of the merits of the various arguments, but on account of the tone and and attitude of people commenting on this stuff online.

That sounds like an ad hominem argument to me.

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on May 19, 2015, 11:58:19 AM
The Yes campaign had nothing to do with deciding on there being a referendum.

Yeah right, it isn't as if they hadn't an American funded plan for this all along.
Pull the other one. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2015, 04:33:10 PM

Yeah right, it isn't as if they hadn't an American funded plan for this all along.
Pull the other one.

Ah I see.

It is an American conspiracy to make us all gay.

Any other conspiracies we should be on the look out for? Is Dick Cheney secretly behind water charges?

MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on May 19, 2015, 04:38:46 PM

Pull the other one.

Ah I see.

Any other conspiracies we should be on the look our for? Is Dick Cheney secretly behind water charges?

Wouldn't put it past him.

Rossfan

Hope that ****** doesn't describe itself as a "Christian".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2015, 04:39:56 PM

Pull the other one.

Ah I see.

Any other conspiracies we should be on the look our for? Is Dick Cheney secretly behind water charges?

Wouldn't put it past him.

Then surely the protests are in the wrong part of the world.

Although, it should be mentioned that the water charges were part of the IMF/Troika agreement.
MWWSI 2017

easytiger95

Yeah, it's hard to believe someone could be so ignorant and hateful. It also pretty much does the hat trick - homophobia, racism and misogyny.

It is almost too hateful...but thankfully never having had hate mail, I've never experienced the depths people can go to.

J70

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 19, 2015, 05:48:59 PM
Yeah, it's hard to believe someone could be so ignorant and hateful. It also pretty much does the hat trick - homophobia, racism and misogyny.

It is almost too hateful...but thankfully never having had hate mail, I've never experienced the depths people can go to.

The first paragraph is almost believable.

The second makes it look like a ploy to make the "Yes" side look ridiculous. Its completely over the top!

easytiger95

I know, but you don't want to go to Alex jones, black flag operation on it. It is just baffling that anyone could write that. But one thing the human race is good at is disappointing expectations. I hope Una Mullaly knows that the vast majority of No voters could never support such filth, and that she has the respect of all Yes voters for her bravery in putting her head above the parapet at such a difficult personal time.

armaghniac

Pull the other one.

Ah I see.

Are you denying this? Perhaps this answers the questions yesterday as to why children's charities were taking sides here.

At the heart of this Referendum story, amply described in documents available on the website of Atlantic Philanthropies, is a massive and sustained intrusion in Irish political and social life with almost unlimited funds, much of it driving an LGBT agenda.

Their beneficiaries and agents in Ireland, such as GLEN, Marriage Equality, ICCL, IHREC, National Lesbian & Gay Federation, and many others, have received €735 million to fund Irish projects over 13 years, of which €25 million has been devoted to agencies directly promoting political and social change in the area of LBGT interests. If you wonder why so many agencies publically support the Yes campaign, check out the Atlantic database of grant aid to Ireland. This is political, moral and financial "prostitution" on a gigantic and unprecedented scale.

Like the European money that in the old days persuaded Ireland to do virtually anything to get more of it, the politicians have pledged themselves to Yes Side voting without understanding what they are supporting and how it is funded.

Atlantic Philanthropies have bought this Referendum and what they have done renders all previous corruptions of our Referendum processes mere trifles on the way to this one.

armaghniac

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 19, 2015, 06:25:27 PM
Source?

Who cares what the source is, if it is wrong then you'll be able to to the Atlantic Philanthropies website and show that it is wrong.
Bribing charities to support it is a sneaky one, but par for the course. 

easytiger95

Quoteheir beneficiaries and agents in Ireland, such as GLEN, Marriage Equality, ICCL, IHREC, National Lesbian & Gay Federation, and many others, have received €735 million to fund Irish projects over 13 years, of which €25 million has been devoted to agencies directly promoting political and social change in the area of LBGT interests.

So is the piece saying that LGBT organisations in Ireland have received 735 million over 13 years? Or is it that LGBT organisations worldwide have received 735 million of which 25 million went to LGBT activist groups in Ireland over 13 years?

Very badly phrased, amazingly.

I care what the source is, I tend to like to know who or what i am reading, I'm just crazy like that. Source please.