I don't have a vote but would vote "Yes" if I did
107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

T Fearon

Jesus hung out with sinners in a mission to convert them not to facilitate sin.It is not in any way Christian to offer unconditional love.I cannot fathom an intellect that considers an endorsement of sin as an act that has anything to do with being Christian.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 16, 2015, 06:31:27 PM
Jesus hung out with sinners in a mission to convert them not to facilitate sin.It is not in any way Christian to offer unconditional love.I cannot fathom an intellect that considers an endorsement of sin as an act that has anything to do with being Christian.

Do you think He would he have let them under his roof?
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Jesus hung out with sinners in a mission to convert them not to facilitate sin.

According to your bible, he chastised anyone who discriminated against them. Which parts of "judge not ... " and "let him who is without sin ... " do you fail to understand?

It is not in any way Christian to offer unconditional love.

Peter is really going to be pissed off at you trying to rewrite the gospels. Where does it say "conditionally love your enemies, do conditional good to them that hate you and conditionally pray for them that persecute and calumniate you"? Or "you shall conditionally love your neighbour as yourself"? If you're in the club, you're supposed to live by this stuff, you know, not make up your own versions.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on March 16, 2015, 06:51:47 PM
Jesus hung out with sinners in a mission to convert them not to facilitate sin.

According to your bible, he chastised anyone who discriminated against them. Which parts of "judge not ... " and "let him who is without sin ... " do you fail to understand?

It is not in any way Christian to offer unconditional love.

Peter is really going to be pissed off at you trying to rewrite the gospels. Where does it say "conditionally love your enemies, do conditional good to them that hate you and conditionally pray for them that persecute and calumniate you"? Or "you shall conditionally love your neighbour as yourself"? If you're in the club, you're supposed to live by this stuff, you know, not make up your own versions.

Love thy neighbour, but not the odious ones.
Thou shalt not kill, unless they deserve it.

I think Tony would be far more Old Testament than Christian.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

But no one is discriminating against anyone.I would no more knowingly facilitate an adulterous heterosexual couple in a double room than I would a homosexual couple.If true to the gospel Christians should be witnessing to homosexuals,but try that at next year's Gay Pride March in Belfast and find out who the real intolerant people are.

It's not discriminatory,it's not judgemental,it's quite simply the fact that Christians cannot condone,endorse,or profit from the sins of others.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on March 16, 2015, 07:02:26 PM
But no one is discriminating against anyone.

I don't think those words think what you think they mean.

Oraisteach

And I cannot fathom an intellect that sees ostracism as even remotely Christian.  Christ humbled himself to wash others' feet, to associate with the diseased and the social pariah.  He espoused a belief that was unambiguous--love thy neighbor and what you do to the least of these, you do to me.  I believe that Jesus admired and loved the essential outsider, the Good Samaritan, who provided help when more 'religious' hypocrites ignored another's plight.

Christianity is a faith of action, or at least it ought to be.  It elevates example over precept.  So, when you cower selfishly in childlike fear of an OT angry god, think instead of what Jesus would do.

muppet

But no one is discriminating against anyone.I would no more knowingly facilitate an adulterous heterosexual couple in a double room than I would a homosexual couple.If true to the gospel Christians should be witnessing to homosexuals,but try that at next year's Gay Pride March in Belfast and find out who the real intolerant people are.

It's not discriminatory,it's not judgemental,it's quite simply the fact that Christians cannot condone,endorse,or profit from the sins of others.

But Tony, you famously booked into Citiwest. You thus endorsed their policy of accepting unmarried and same sex couples without prejudice, and obviously you condoned it.

MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

I still want to know how you would verify the marital status of a man and woman who land at your B&B.

gallsman

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 16, 2015, 07:34:35 PM

I still want to know how you would verify the marital status of a man and woman who land at your B&B.

Don't forget he tried to skip past this one previously by pointing out that, in Tonyland, a gay couple are far more likely to do the nasty in a hotel then a straight couple.

Sound logic right there.

T Fearon

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on March 16, 2015, 08:27:38 PM
I used the word " knowingly"

The question though, is how do you propose to "know"?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 16, 2015, 08:27:38 PM
I used the word " knowingly"

Ok, you knowingly booked Citiwest, knowingly it doesn't have a discriminatory policy barring gay and/or unmarried couples. Thus you knowingly endorsed this business and knowingly condoned it's softness on sin.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 16, 2015, 09:08:06 PM
What are you on about?

If you can't have a gay couple under your roof, is it ok to be under someone else's roof, a roof that has gay couples sleeping together under it? Are you not condoning or enforcing such a business?
MWWSI 2017