I don't have a vote but would vote "Yes" if I did
107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

T Fearon

A marital union,not based on unconditional love involving a male and female,and not sanctioned by God in a religious service,is an act of blasphemy in my opinion.

laoislad

No one gives a f**k about your opinion.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on December 24, 2017, 06:04:56 PM
A marital union,not based on unconditional love involving a male and female,and not sanctioned by God in a religious service,is an act of blasphemy in my opinion.
Bah Humbug......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

longballin

Does it not have to be blessed by one holy roman ketlic service?

imtommygunn

What if it is based on unconditional love but not sanctioned by god in a religious service?

What if it isn't unconditional love but it is sanctioned by god in a religious service?

So many permutations for you to make up rules for. Maybe draw out a wee matrix to make sure you cover all bases ;D

Tony Baloney

I'm sure all transgressors will be smote by a bolt of lightning.

T Fearon

So are diverse opinions not worthy of respect? Yes I accept without reservation the Catholic Church's ruling on marriage.

imtommygunn

Diverse opinions are fine. Your last statement isn't very clear. It is hard to tell if it is the lack of unconditional love or the sanctioned by god bit causes you issues.

T Fearon

Both are essential to a real and genuine marriage as per the sacramental marriage of the Church

imtommygunn

So marriage outside a church is blasphemous gay or straight. Got you.

Gay marriage bad
Marriage not in church bad
Conditional love marriage bad

What does that make any marriage outside the catholic church? What are the boundaries on it.

Rois

I got legally married in Belfast City Hall and there wasn't a word about God (bad or good) in the ceremony, therefore there is no chance it could fit the definition of blasphemy.

T Fearon

Legal according to the laws of the land,but not in the eyes of God,sadly.Before anyone starts,I didn't make God's laws.

heganboy

Let me get this straight. In your opinion not Catholic married is not married. As it has to be sacred?
Really loving others as your Lord and savior loved you there Tony. Merry Christmas...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Jell 0 Biafra

We weren't sure if our state marriage was really blasphemous enough.  So we walked down the aisle to this, just to make sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiIA188QnIk

T Fearon

Heganboy,Jesus' love is not unconditional,it does not extend to tolerating sin