TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 08, 2020, 04:52:11 PM
I was recently telling my kids about Lost and then it appeared on Amazon.
So I've been re-watching it with my teenage kids. They're hooked. It's still confusing as feck even on the second watch, but I have to say, I still enjoy it.
Just trying not to think about how it ends.

The girl in it had me hooked!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

First couple of series are good but with Lost you get the point where you think wtf am I doing wasting my time with this.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 08, 2020, 05:58:12 PM
First couple of series are good but with Lost you get the point where you think wtf am I doing wasting my time with this.

Yes! Lost the plot and I basically waited till I knew it was the last few episodes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

I loved Lost, what a mind to come up with that.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mrdeeds

Cobra Kai is surprisingly good.

thewobbler

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 08, 2020, 05:58:12 PM

I wanted to kick my tv in throughout the final series, as it became more and more obvious that the island is the one thing they said it wasn't, and moreso again that they weren't going to explain most of the oddities they dreamt up.

imtommygunn

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2020, 07:29:07 PM

You are the only person I have ever encountered who didn't end up thinking it was a pile of crap lol.

So much promise in the first few series of it too.

BennyCake

I could only bear about 5 minutes of Lost before I gave up on it.

Just looked like a hyped-up American pile of crap.

bennydorano

They made it up as they went along. I doubt there was ever an over reaching arc of a storyline, I can't even remember the finale tbh. Watchable Guff.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2020, 01:55:14 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 08, 2020, 11:59:26 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2020, 09:15:36 AM
One thing that I found interesting at the time it happened was how quickly he was convicted and sentenced from the time of the crime.  It happened in August 2018 and I think he was sentenced in November of that year too.  Alot of speculation now as to what changed him, from steroids to those weight loss patches that he wore all the time.

I actually watched it last night and intended mentioning today here, without wanting to give too much away to those that haven't seen it yet but I found the last couple of minutes incredibly chilling.

Two other true crime documentaries that, in my opinion, warrant watching for their surrealness are The Staircase and The Jinx.

The Jinx is great. Mind boggling stuff.  Staircase is decent, but they dragged it on too long imo.
Evil Genius is my favourite recent true crime doc.  Truly bizarre.

nrico2006

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on October 09, 2020, 02:28:55 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2020, 01:55:14 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 08, 2020, 11:59:26 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2020, 09:15:36 AM
One thing that I found interesting at the time it happened was how quickly he was convicted and sentenced from the time of the crime.  It happened in August 2018 and I think he was sentenced in November of that year too.  Alot of speculation now as to what changed him, from steroids to those weight loss patches that he wore all the time.

I actually watched it last night and intended mentioning today here, without wanting to give too much away to those that haven't seen it yet but I found the last couple of minutes incredibly chilling.

Two other true crime documentaries that, in my opinion, warrant watching for their surrealness are The Staircase and The Jinx.

The Jinx is great. Mind boggling stuff.  Staircase is decent, but they dragged it on too long imo.
Evil Genius is my favourite recent true crime doc.  Truly bizarre.

The Staircase was very long in comparison to others in the genre, but given that the episodes are filmed over the guts of 15 years, it added something to the story that no other has.  I actually was in Durham when they were filming the final court scenes, didn't know about it then as only watched it last year.

Evil Genius was brilliant too.  The other ones that jump out initially when I try to rate them are Don't F**k With Cats and The Keepers.  Really liked Dream/Killer too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Dont F*** With Cats

Nuts.

Cant think of any other word to describe it and not just talking about one person from the show

tbrick18

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 08, 2020, 08:56:33 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2020, 07:29:07 PM

You are the only person I have ever encountered who didn't end up thinking it was a pile of crap lol.

So much promise in the first few series of it too.

I liked it back then, but it's hard to imagine having to wait a year between series to find out what happens next. It's a good binge watch now as you don't get as Lost in the storyline.

tbrick18

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 08, 2020, 08:14:58 PM
Cobra Kai is surprisingly good.

Yeah I liked it, but "daniel son" can't act for sh*t.

DrinkingHarp

Have not seen The Capture posted on here but it was a decent program, looking forward to season 2.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014