Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

BrendanAntrim

Very late equaliser for home side. 2 mins played at end of extra time. Seems a lot for a ten minute half!

Milltown Row2

Unfortunately we lost out by one!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Antrim were the better team in both normal time and ET. 2 points up in both with few mins to go and let it slip.
Fair play to lads who stepped up to take penalties but I thought it odd that the entire full back line were hitting them. Unusual to say the least.
This was one that got away.

Big McQuillan looks the real deal btw. Had heard about him. A top quality senior in the making.

Kidder81

3 up in second half of ET, Donegal finished the end of ET well, outscoring us 0-4 to 0-1

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 29, 2023, 09:11:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2023, 08:44:39 PM
Two up with a few minutes to go

Extra time :-X

An Antrim team losing a lead.. be some uproar on social media about this 🤐😉

Blame those Cargin boys.....

EOC1923

Quote from: ck on March 29, 2023, 09:51:59 PM
Antrim were the better team in both normal time and ET. 2 points up in both with few mins to go and let it slip.
Fair play to lads who stepped up to take penalties but I thought it odd that the entire full back line were hitting them. Unusual to say the least.

Big McQuillan looks the real deal btw. Had heard about him. A top quality senior in the making.
I see your point on the full back line hitting pens but 2 of them buried theirs in some style.
Should have won that, bit more composure towards the end of the 2nd period of e.t and we were through comfortably. McQuillan and Conhuir johnston very impressive and exciting for the future.

Spike

Good wee team there.  Bad luck on the night though a lot of potential in that side

Milltown Row2

Panicking and giving frees away, at this age that happens the composure will come from that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

ck

Quote from: EOC1923 on March 29, 2023, 10:08:10 PM
Quote from: ck on March 29, 2023, 09:51:59 PM

I see your point on the full back line hitting pens but 2 of them buried theirs in some style.
Should have won that, bit more composure towards the end of the 2nd period of e.t and we were through comfortably. McQuillan and Conhuir johnston very impressive and exciting for the future.

Yes Johnston has a big future. There 5 or 6 from that team that you would see progressing to senior over the next 2 years. I thought McCormick from Moneyglass and Higgins from Con Magees were both excellent too.

Very disappointing that they couldnt close it out.

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 29, 2023, 10:05:24 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 29, 2023, 09:11:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2023, 08:44:39 PM
Two up with a few minutes to go

Extra time :-X

An Antrim team losing a lead.. be some uproar on social media about this 🤐😉

Blame those Cargin boys.....

No chance

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2023, 01:25:18 PM
Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 29, 2023, 01:18:02 PM
I wouldn't reckon Monaghan or Fermanagh have near those figures MR2 and both of those Counties have been punching well above their weight in Ulster finals?

Just googled there

Monaghan have 5,000 men between ages 20 and 34 playing football it seems

So 1 in every 12 people in Monaghan is playing senior football 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I'd very much doubt that

Milltown Row2

Quote from: realisticsaff on March 29, 2023, 11:22:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2023, 01:25:18 PM
Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 29, 2023, 01:18:02 PM
I wouldn't reckon Monaghan or Fermanagh have near those figures MR2 and both of those Counties have been punching well above their weight in Ulster finals?

Just googled there

Monaghan have 5,000 men between ages 20 and 34 playing football it seems

So 1 in every 12 people in Monaghan is playing senior football 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I'd very much doubt that

No, they have 5000 men of that age who can play football. They could all be playing tiddlywinks but that's their pick. Or they could play they level you played at which is about the level of tiddlywinks