Fair Play or Cheating in the GAA

Started by furboot, November 20, 2009, 03:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2009, 12:27:39 AM
I was in nets one day (U16) against milltown's club. The same player scored 2 goals against me. The first went through a hole in the roof of the net. They were awarded with a point. The second went in but flew under the side netting. Was given as a wide. We won by 2. For the first time, I am openly admitting that they were goals. Da McGourty went mad and got rid of the St.Gall's umpire.

Player: Bap.
I was in nets in a school game and was beaten at my near post but I screamed and shouted at ref that it went through the side netting, I shouted that much and my reaction was that strong he reversed his decision and give it as a wide. 

I'm not sorry.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

down6061689194

Cuteness is a part of the games.
I was playing minors, under the kosh in the championship, i was brought down, i went down rather easily. Time was near up so I lay on the ball, our captain came up to me looking te ball and I motioned to calm down and slow the play. Rolled about a bit and gave us time. When I was up we had all had a breather, got up the field. We took the free and scored to go 4 clear, game over.

The manager said to me after it was brilliant.

And its the same with standing on toes, pulling jersey and feeling his balls.

Something about the physical nature of the game as opposed to the technical side of soccer, rugby and Golf makes this a bit more acceptable. In my opinion anyway.

pintsofguinness

I dont think standing on toes or feeling balls is acceptable
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

What about Tadhg Kennelly's admission? He should have been sent off in the 1st minute for his self confessed pre-meditated action. The game should be replayed with Kerry having only 14 men.
MWWSI 2017

longrunsthefox

Quote from: muppet on November 21, 2009, 07:59:31 PM
What about Tadhg Kennelly's admission? He should have been sent off in the 1st minute for his self confessed pre-meditated action. The game should be replayed with Kerry having only 14 men.

I can't see it happening.

milltown row

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Canalman on November 20, 2009, 04:16:52 PM
We have been hard done by in club games in the past by wrong referee/umpiring decisions/ illegal players being played against us etc etc. Our club (like nearly every other club) just takes it, sulks for a while and then moves on. That's sport.

Yup.

I'm still sulking over that useless/blind/biased (delete as applicable) fecker Paudie Hughes last weekend...  >:( :'(
i usse an speelchekor

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Canalman on November 20, 2009, 04:16:52 PM
We have been hard done by in club games in the past by wrong referee/umpiring decisions/ illegal players being played against us etc etc. Our club (like nearly every other club) just takes it, sulks for a while and then moves on. That's sport.

Btw, I don't think Clare offered Offaly a replay after referee blew up short. Think GAC ordered one. May be wrong though.

No way- sorry but I can't believe your club would not object if you found out later the oposition had an illegal player. You need to think out what your saying man  ;)

southsidejohnny

Well lets start with a theatrical dive in Hyde Park Connacht final 2001 and Mayos Ray Connelly wrongly sent off. Cost Mayo that final. A line ball for Mayo v Meath given against them that resulted in a dodgy penalty to Meath. Same game the Meath keeper caught the ball inside his goal line, no goal given. Poor decisions by officals but that ref was rewarded with being given the linesman job in the All-Ireland final. The ref v France will propably get to ref the World cup final. Soccer has cheating in it every week. Look at the Premiership. 

longrunsthefox

Quote from: southsidejohnny on November 22, 2009, 03:09:48 PM
Well lets start with a theatrical dive in Hyde Park Connacht final 2001 and Mayos Ray Connelly wrongly sent off. Cost Mayo that final. A line ball for Mayo v Meath given against them that resulted in a dodgy penalty to Meath. Same game the Meath keeper caught the ball inside his goal line, no goal given. Poor decisions by officals but that ref was rewarded with being given the linesman job in the All-Ireland final. The ref v France will propably get to ref the World cup final. Soccer has cheating in it every week. Look at the Premiership.

I'd rather not, thanks  :-\

down6061689194

McGuigan when McCartan threw the ball up in Ulster Final

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 21, 2009, 07:47:32 PM
I dont think standing on toes or feeling balls is acceptable

Is this in the right thread?
MWWSI 2017

The Worker

Quote from: down6061689194 on November 22, 2009, 04:22:48 PM
McGuigan when McCartan threw the ball up in Ulster Final

Peter Canavan in the same game, dived for a penalty!

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: southsidejohnny on November 22, 2009, 03:09:48 PM

Was going to mention that one. F Dolan got pushed in the chest and went down like a sack of spuds clutching his face. As Connelly gets sent off, up he jumps and runs over to the ref tellin him not to send him off!! What did he expect to happen FFS  ::) >:(
Hasta la victoria siempre

furboot

1989 - The Tony Keady affair - he was, in a way, cheated when inviterd to play in the US in good faith (everyone waas doing it but not legal apparently) and was then made an example of when he came back. His loss to that great Galway team and the furore that the controversy created possible unsettled the Galway camp and cost them an All Ireland that year - they lost the semi to Tipp and Tipp then had a soft one against Antrim in the final. A fine player and a fine team cheated by silly GAA rules !!!