Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaffronSports

They'll certainly take plenty away from it and are young enough to go again.

How many more Antrim titles do you think they can win? I do think there's a serious challenge coming from their neighbours in Loughgiel but might still be a couple of years away. They've had some serious minor teams lately. Can only be good for Antrim hurling though.

imtommygunn

I would say a couple before loughgiel start pushing again. Be interesting to see.

I thought like any Antrim team tends to down south they struggled a bit physically. That being said I don't think I have ever seen an Antrim team with so much pace. Hopefully they are back at that level again.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Antrim Coaster

Loughgiel quietly rebuilding and it appears what they have are a batch of very talented hurlers on their books as evidenced by several of them on the present county panel, plus young Roadstone coming in behind the current crop who is being tipped for big things.

It might be a year or two though before Loughgiel are among the silverware which begs the question who will challenge Dunloy in the interim in the Antrim SHC?

Then again Loughgiel are well capable of upsetting the odds early in their rebuild and Cushendall never too far away either.

However, should Dunloy reclaim Big Ears they will run into Slaughtneil somewhere along the road. With Dunloy having broken the Slaughtneil hoodoo and Slaughtneil out to regain their Ulster title, that would be a match well worth watching, depending on Slaughtneil's progress in the Derry SFC.

Old Time Hurler

Anyone heard that Gortnamona have withdrawn senior hurling team? Heard it from 5 or 6 people from different clubs around place

keep her low this half

Quote from: Old Time Hurler on January 28, 2023, 05:51:25 PM
Anyone heard that Gortnamona have withdrawn senior hurling team? Heard it from 5 or 6 people from different clubs around place
That would be a shame if it was the case, I am pretty sure they have been in an intermediate final in the last 10 years. they beat Carey in a final a good few years ago.

Kidder81

U-20s got some hammering by Dublin at the weekend in a friendly

keep her low this half

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 30, 2023, 05:07:14 PM

Will the seniors get the same treatment from the cats at the weekend? Hopefully not but I think its fair to say that the Walsh cup was not encouraging. Are any of the Dunloy boys back for the weekend or are they having a break?

CitySlicker11

I think we will be competitive at home at this time of the year. Come the Leinster championship it may be different.

Kidder81

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on January 31, 2023, 11:08:41 AM
I think we will be competitive at home at this time of the year. Come the Leinster championship it may be different.

Yeah I would agree, Corrigan is a big home advantage for us in the earlier part of the year. Leinster championship could be a hastening experience but these are the games we want to be involved in

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: keep her low this half on January 31, 2023, 10:45:54 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on January 30, 2023, 05:07:14 PM

Will the seniors get the same treatment from the cats at the weekend? Hopefully not but I think its fair to say that the Walsh cup was not encouraging. Are any of the Dunloy boys back for the weekend or are they having a break?

All the Dunloy squad are back as far as I know.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on January 31, 2023, 11:08:41 AM

Yep this sounds right, the big hitters look at the league to try some fringe players. We quite rightly throw everything at it to try and stay up. They are in a completely different gear than we are and still grind out wins.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Saffsof82

Reality is at underage we are competitive with Kildare, Carlow, Kerry, Westmeath, Down, how can we be competitive with Kilkenny , Dublin etc at senior level .

BrendanAntrim

Looking forward to tomorrow. Surely we have a chance, just hope to see a big performance from the team.

Milltown Row2

That's some spread of clubs on the Kilkenny team, no Ballyhale players thankfully but a very strong team all the same
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea