Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

Quote from: brendanbelfast on March 24, 2014, 09:31:27 PM

The fuss and the 'aren't we awful' / 'isn't it embarrassing' comments about the team selection....it would be legitimate view to regard that as nonsense. BW didn't field anything like a full strength team, why would KR? When we played Offally in the Walsh Cup a number of U21s got a run out then, well this match was even less meaningful than that was.  This was an ideal opportunity to get a good run out for young players - they will benefit from it.

Turning up late, that seems bad form though I don't know the whys and wherefores of that one. But playing our strongest team the week before a relegation play off? Never going to happen and  rightly so I reckon.

It's not nonsense and you've just spun a politician's answer there - refuting a point that no-one made. None of the Antrim posters on this thread, or this token Offaly supporter either, have any issue with Kevin Ryan's team selection. The issues are:

(1) Arriving late to the game which meant that the team was underprepared and consequently utterly inept for the early stages of the game due to the lack of a warm up or drills and having to rush out on the field.
(2) Claiming that they were unaware of the correct throw in time, which stretches credulity far beyond breaking point.
(3) Not publishing the team in advance so that supporters could make an informed choice. You are correct that Offaly rested a few starters aside from the long list of injuries, but the team was named on Thursday night and only one change was made to that team, which was enforced due to a late fitness test as far as I'm aware. This allowed supporters the option to travel or not on that basis. Antrim chose not to afford either their own supporters or ours the same luxury.
(4) Travelling with just nineteen players, which clearly illustrates a lack of interest. Nobody's saying that ye have to line out ye're best players but I'm sure there were another few panellists with either the seniors or under-21s who could have travelled to make up the numbers.

If you'd like to explain those aspects, then please do - but nobody on this thread claimed that KR should have selected his strongest XV, or anything like it.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Lone Shark on March 24, 2014, 11:20:42 PM
Quote from: brendanbelfast on March 24, 2014, 09:31:27 PM

The fuss and the 'aren't we awful' / 'isn't it embarrassing' comments about the team selection....it would be legitimate view to regard that as nonsense. BW didn't field anything like a full strength team, why would KR? When we played Offally in the Walsh Cup a number of U21s got a run out then, well this match was even less meaningful than that was.  This was an ideal opportunity to get a good run out for young players - they will benefit from it.

Turning up late, that seems bad form though I don't know the whys and wherefores of that one. But playing our strongest team the week before a relegation play off? Never going to happen and  rightly so I reckon.

It's not nonsense and you've just spun a politician's answer there - refuting a point that no-one made. None of the Antrim posters on this thread, or this token Offaly supporter either, have any issue with Kevin Ryan's team selection. The issues are:

(1) Arriving late to the game which meant that the team was underprepared and consequently utterly inept for the early stages of the game due to the lack of a warm up or drills and having to rush out on the field.
(2) Claiming that they were unaware of the correct throw in time, which stretches credulity far beyond breaking point.
(3) Not publishing the team in advance so that supporters could make an informed choice. You are correct that Offaly rested a few starters aside from the long list of injuries, but the team was named on Thursday night and only one change was made to that team, which was enforced due to a late fitness test as far as I'm aware. This allowed supporters the option to travel or not on that basis. Antrim chose not to afford either their own supporters or ours the same luxury.
(4) Travelling with just nineteen players, which clearly illustrates a lack of interest. Nobody's saying that ye have to line out ye're best players but I'm sure there were another few panellists with either the seniors or under-21s who could have travelled to make up the numbers.

If you'd like to explain those aspects, then please do - but nobody on this thread claimed that KR should have selected his strongest XV, or anything like it.

As an Antrim Gael and supporter I can only apologise to Offaly men for the whole thing - especially since our county representatives feel they don't need to.
Maybe now you can see that geography is not our only obstacle to development in Antrim!

Na Glinntí Glasa

lets just call sunday what it was - a complete ballax, end of.

sort it out, and never let it happen again.

also this page number is cause of all the problems, again! :)
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 25, 2014, 08:40:59 AM
lets just call sunday what it was - a complete ballax, end of.

sort it out, and never let it happen again.

also this page number is cause of all the problems, again! :)

Wait to it gets to 1983  and 2012 - I think I'll take those two pages offline LOL
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

I have already mentally blocked them years out along! Lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

I promise I won't say anything.  :-X
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

ardtole

Are Antrim worth backing @ 3/1 vs Offally in Ballycastle? You run Cork close a couple of weeks ago, 3/1 seems edecent value.

Na Glinntí Glasa

were generally 3-1 for a reason. bookies dont usually get it wrong sadly.

that siad this is a big game for antrim and if we can play like we did against Cork then we will be in with a good chance. will be a tight game with 2 points either way me thinks.
hurl like f**k boi!

All seeing I

Anyway, a little Belfast birdie told me last night that the Andersonstown News were able to publish a comprehensive list of all the Antrim Hurling Fixtures for this season!
After a bit of checking - this has been confirmed.
:o :-[

btdtgtt

Quote from: All seeing I on March 27, 2014, 01:58:35 PM
Anyway, a little Belfast birdie told me last night that the Andersonstown News were able to publish a comprehensive list of all the Antrim Hurling Fixtures for this season!

They are all available on the Antrim website - complete with a wonderful new admin moderator  ;)

paddyjohn

It's true. Div 3 Football still aren't out to clubs yet Andytown News has them printed. Shambles but don't dare slag off the county admin or question them as club managers and players don't need to plan holidays or change shifts.

All seeing I

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 27, 2014, 03:07:44 PM

They are all available on the Antrim website - complete with a wonderful new admin moderator  ;)
What a day!!!! ;)

BlackandAmber

Can you put up a link? I can't find them.

btdtgtt

If you go to the league table - then click on the team name - it should bring up all that clubs fixtures.

Bonamargy

Quote from: BlackandAmber on March 29, 2014, 09:33:35 AM

Can you put up a link? I can't find them.

Black and Amber. The division 1 fixtures aren't on the website, but if you click on division 1 reserve all their fixtures come up. Senior will be the same opponents on the same day. Our first game is away to Ballycran on sun 6th April