Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Dropping ball, not adapting to conditions, Campbell missing in first half, not winning enough tackles, not winning 50/50's, not adapting to extra man, not utilising your own free man, missing crucial frees, not getting hooks or blocks in I could go on, the referee could not control that part of their game

Basically Loughgiel picked the wrong day to have their worst game, does this show a chink in their armour for the coming Championship? No as they were still 7/8 points better than the rest in Antrim last season and the other teams need to raise their game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 09, 2014, 04:56:15 PM
Dropping ball, not adapting to conditions, Campbell missing in first half, not winning enough tackles, not winning 50/50's, not adapting to extra man, not utilising your own free man, missing crucial frees, not getting hooks or blocks in I could go on, the referee could not control that part of their game

Basically Loughgiel picked the wrong day to have their worst game, does this show a chink in their armour for the coming Championship? No as they were still 7/8 points better than the rest in Antrim last season and the other teams need to raise their game
7/8 points?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

I always said the better team won and never attributed loughiel's loss to the ref - but I maintain I thought the award of some debate able decisions favoured MLR.

The shamrock in front of me's choice of words wasn't great mind you - other loughgiel supporters actually told him to cool it!

Incredible journey from intermediate to a senior final for MLR.

I don't see anyone stopping this drive for five.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 09, 2014, 05:22:37 PM

7/8 points?

Ok probably more, when you add up their win margins over the year they would have scored more. So another attempt next year against the Galway champions
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 09, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

7/8 points?

Ok probably more, when you add up their win margins over the year they would have scored more. So another attempt next year against the Galway champions
its Munster next year mr2.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 09, 2014, 06:21:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 09, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

7/8 points?

its Munster next year mr2.

Well Munster aint great so you have a chance

BlackandAmber

Quote from: johnneycool on January 17, 2014, 09:39:45 AM

I've been impressed with the technique of a lot of the Carlow senior hurling teams I've seen in recent years, they've pushed hard at minor and U-21 in Leinster as well, so they can hurl and aren't just big mollockers.

johnneycool certainly called it right.  MLR worked hard but it wasn't just about hard work. They hulred well. Shams will be gutted and I felt for them at the end. They could have nicked it but the truth is that MLR deserved the win. Winker's radar was  a bit off too and will be kicking himself. Did McFadden get a straight red? Pretty harsh. I looked at that again and again and there was nothing much in it. When you look at what Joe Canning got away with!

Na Glinntí Glasa

didnt make it too the game on sat so had to make do with the tv.

have to say i was disappointed in lgiel, they can play far better than that. that being said i though MLR were better all over the pitch. they were a good passing team whereas lgiel couldnt pass it, rather played long balls in. something they never do.

the goals kept them in the match. what happened at the end was unreal. couldnt understand what was going on and why ronan got sent off and a hop ball.

it was just a case of not playing well and the other team playing far better.
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Duck got a second yellow at the sending off. Soft yellow in the first half.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 10, 2014, 08:59:31 AM

;D

Your throwin out bait there SIE so I'll have a wee nibble. That first yellow was far from soft. Not as bad as Canning but both could easy have been red as they say 'I've seen them given'

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: BlackandAmber on February 10, 2014, 09:11:04 AM

;D

Your throwin out bait there SIE so I'll have a wee nibble. That first yellow was far from soft. Not as bad as Canning but both could easy have been red as they say 'I've seen them given'
considering what the ref didn't blow for or give a yellow card for, it was soft.

NAG1

Im not sure maybe im getting mixed up, was the first yellow not for a pull around the chest of a MLR player around the middle of the field. The ball popped up and a LG player pulled and got a yellow, not sure if it was Duck or not but if that was his first yellow I would have thought it was justified.

Discipline has been the key for LG in the last number of years.

Seamroga in exile

Both teams got away with worse throughout the game. The ref was inconsistent at best.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 10, 2014, 09:25:23 AM
Both teams got away with worse throughout the game. The ref was inconsistent at best.

Means nothing really, as the referee didn't lose Loughgiel the game, thought at the end he gave them 3 opportunities to steal a draw or even win the match

Seamroga in exile

As I posted yesterday, it had nothing to do with the ref. We lost it with a poor first half performance.