Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flutehook

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 16, 2014, 07:01:30 PM
It seems to be Na Piarsiagh's for the taking then.   :-\

Only if ye are as presumptuous as Boden were; or as poor as ye were in Clones last year.

Somehow I doubt if either will be the case.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on January 16, 2014, 11:13:37 PM
Loch gCaol have no chance this year.

It appears that is all they want to hear....
......and even if they don't hear it, they will pretend to hear it anyway.

For someone who would love to see Loch gCaol win the All Ireland again, I am growing increasingly tired of this "everyone wants us beat" inferiority complex that they constantly espouse.

There is no basis to it, now ffs give it up.
?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on January 16, 2014, 11:20:17 PM
Example:

Some people think Na Piarsaigh will be hard to beat.

On seeing this, you start getting narky in a "the other teams may as we'll not turn up" way.

Nobody said that.
i didn't get narky, but several of you definitely seem to be.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on January 16, 2014, 11:23:33 PM
It even goes back to the "why is nobody talking about us" episode a couple of weeks back when a few of us were discussing Casement development.
the perils of posting with a few beers hs. You'd know about that.  ;)

That's not what I was trying to get across. But sure, what odds.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on January 16, 2014, 11:29:42 PM
It is continuous. It appears that nobody can positively discuss the other semi finalists without Loch gCaol ones seeing it as an affront on them.
i merely made a comment on what I read. Take a look at the reaction.  Says a lot more about them. And as far as I can see the only other loughgiel one that posted was sleeping giant.  He, Like me, was giving mlr their due respects. 

theskull1

Selective reading to build that seige mentality. If that's what you think it takes fair enough, but don't think anyone could be arsed being a pawn in that game.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Selective reading indeed.

johnneycool

Newry isn't called the marshes for nothing lads, so don't be expecting a fast dry sod in the middle of february..

I've been impressed with the technique of a lot of the Carlow senior hurling teams I've seen in recent years, they've pushed hard at minor and U-21 in Leinster as well, so they can hurl and aren't just big mollockers.
MLR are the backbone of the Carlow team and have some very good hurlers mostly up the spine of their team, Loughgiel in my mind should pummel the wings where they would have better hurlers than their MLR counterparts, don't play to MLR strengths, open it up as much as possible.
MLR will indeed contest every ball and crowd out the defence and midfield region hence Loughgiel will need to be cute with possession and come up with something for the puck outs to get the ball beyond the MLR half back line and work the spaces behind it.
When push comes to shove you still need men to put their paw up and more often than not come down with it in the forwards something I think may be Loughgiels achilles heel and the need for a Joey Scullion hugging the sidelines to win one on one aerial battles. Whilst I think Liam has had better years to date, he's a major distraction for the opposition and could lead to more space for the rest of the forwards which they need to make hay with. I'd be inclined to start him in the corner but every once in a while let him come out roaming to pick up the pieces in front of his half forward line.

Loughgiel will be favourites and rightly so, but MLR have nothing to lose and everything from now on is a bonus to them and would be fairly dangerous. It would be foolish of anyone to take them lightly.

Milltown Row2

That's a fair and unbiased assessment Johnney, as always. You Down fckers always have some manners lol

Youse playing at the weekend?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2014, 01:29:54 PM
That's a fair and unbiased assessment Johnney, as always. You Down fckers always have some manners lol

Who Down? Queens in the Kehoe cup or something up at the Dub I believe.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on January 17, 2014, 01:31:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2014, 01:29:54 PM

Who Down? Queens in the Kehoe cup or something up at the Dub I believe.

Aye
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Johnny has pretty much said what myself or SIE has said on the matter.  Any team at this stage deserves respect.   Anyone talking of 10 to 15 points is on drugs.  Or are setting Loughgiel up as massive cannot be beaten favorite to talk muck if MLR turns them over, we've all seen it before,  so my last take on it is,Loughgiel has trained hard all winter, they will go to newry on the 8th to play a hard and stubborn Carlow team.  Anything less than are best won't do,the players attitudes will play a massive part, and I believe there attitude is spot on.  So bring on the 8th!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 17, 2014, 06:21:59 PM
Johnny has pretty much said what myself or SIE has said on the matter.  Any team at this stage deserves respect.   Anyone talking of 10 to 15 points is on drugs.  Or are setting Loughgiel up as massive cannot be beaten favorite to talk muck if MLR turns them over, we've all seen it before,  so my last take on it is,Loughgiel has trained hard all winter, they will go to newry on the 8th to play a hard and stubborn Carlow team.  Anything less than are best won't do,the players attitudes will play a massive part, and I believe there attitude is spot on.  So bring on the 8th!!!
Joey has recovered and we have a full squad to work with. No injuries as of today. Hopefully it'll stay like that after our game tomorrow.