Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 25, 2013, 02:48:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2013, 01:23:30 PM
Referee sorted for Sunday I hear
Mr. T. Reilly.

More evidence of someone hanging around long enough in Antrim circles to get a big job!

I hope he is up to it!
Mind you - if Cushendall or Loughgiel aren't happy he won't find much solace in the Ballycastle clubrooms either!

BlackandAmber

Mr. T. Reilly.

That explains why the Town "rolled over" on Sunday.  No chance in the final with that character.  ::)

NAG1

Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 25, 2013, 03:31:53 PM
Mr. T. Reilly.

That explains why the Town "rolled over" on Sunday.  No chance in the final with that character.  ::)

Was I not slated earlier in the season for saying that this would be the case?

Hirty Darry

SIE, what are your pre-match thoughts on the SHC final, having seen both teams in action last weekend?

I actually think the appointment of T.R will suit Loughgiel better as they seem to be very disciplined in the tackle and will not concede as many frees as Cushendall will.  Would have preferred someone who would let things go a bit more.

Refs don't win or lose games but their refereeing style can have an impact on the game.

ManInBlackandGreen

Its a stitch up! This was an appointment by a few ex members only, I not here to knock the referee, and I just hope he is up to the pace a verocity that will be delivered by two excellent teams to give us a great game.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: NAG1 on September 25, 2013, 03:48:10 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 25, 2013, 03:31:53 PM
Mr. T. Reilly.

Was I not slated earlier in the season for saying that this would be the case?

Your mention of Mr Reilly is gone from my memeory.  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 25, 2013, 05:29:00 PM
Its a stitch up! This was an appointment by a few ex members only, I not here to knock the referee, and I just hope he is up to the pace a verocity that will be delivered by two excellent teams to give us a great game.

Explain? surely there is no way a creditable organisation (Antrim County board)give appointments based on any other reason than who  is best for the job based on, assessments, experience, attitude and application, surely you jest. That be like saying I won't get any games based on being on the internet, tweeting or facebook  ;)?

The county have brought in a great way of making referees more accountable with regular assessments (I've had 3) with feedback, the fitness and health check at the start of the season was very good and all referees has a base line to work on for next year. All that stuff would be a waste of time/money if they just give it to people who they like ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2013, 08:43:50 PM

Explain? surely there is no way a creditable organisation (Antrim County board)give appointments based on any other reason than who  is best for the job based on, assessments, experience, attitude and application, surely you jest. That be like saying I won't get any games based on being on the internet, tweeting or facebook  ;)?

The county have brought in a great way of making referees more accountable with regular assessments (I've had 3) with feedback, the fitness and health check at the start of the season was very good and all referees has a base line to work on for next year. All that stuff would be a waste of time/money if they just give it to people who they like ffs

SARCASM ALERT  SARCASM ALERT  SARCASM ALERT

btdtgtt

When did the Antrim county board become credible?!

U say these assessments are a good thing?
Who carries them out?
And who is to say their opinion is infallible!

I don't know any criteria under which terry Reilly is the best man for this job?!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 25, 2013, 10:15:42 PM

SARCASM ALERT  SARCASM ALERT  SARCASM ALERT

No but seriously, that be daft. They would have to come away with some integrity. Terry will do a grand job, He's ref'd a right few games I've been involved with both playing and managing in and got mainly all the right calls, he plays it by the book, ya can't go wrong with that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 25, 2013, 04:32:50 PM

SIE, what are your pre-match thoughts on the SHC final, having seen both teams in action last weekend?

I actually think the appointment of T.R will suit Loughgiel better as they seem to be very disciplined in the tackle and will not concede as many frees as Cushendall will.  Would have preferred someone who would let things go a bit more.

Refs don't win or lose games but their refereeing style can have an impact on the game.

sadly at times they have a bearing on the result with inconsistant calls.

seen terry a few times this year and hes not on my list as a good ref. done us a few times this year and has been totally inconsistant from game to game. i dont mind a ref making a mistake, they are human like the rest of us and cant see everything that goes on. so we cant expect them to call them all. i just want a ref to be consistant, i want them all to be consistant and call the same things all the time.

that said we would moan if they did that too!  ::)  ;D
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 25, 2013, 10:35:15 PM

Who carries them out?

I don't know any criteria under which terry Reilly is the best man for this job?!

The assessments that were carried out on me were done by Tommy McIntyre, now are you going to say his opinion on refereeing is bad? Very strange, seems you have an axe to grind.

Terry will call the fouls when he see's them, don't foul and you won't get blown up for a free, it doesn't get any eaiser ffs. Lets give Terry a break, and concentrate on the game ffs

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2013, 09:49:34 AM

Who carries them out?

The assessments that were carried out on me were done by Tommy McIntyre, now are you going to say his opinion on refereeing is bad? Very strange, seems you have an axe to grind.

Terry will call the fouls when he see's them, don't foul and you won't get blown up for a free, it doesn't get any eaiser ffs. Lets give Terry a break, and concentrate on the game ffs

As long as he lets the game go and doesnt give any special treatment to players he will be fine.

btdtgtt

Who carries them out?

Certainly not with Tommy! I always thought he was top class and if he'd have been from a bigger county and could have got a senior All-Ireland!

But the point I am making is the same in any walk of life - if the decision of the 'assessor' is deemed as definitive then there must be an assumption that he is correct. Thats not always the case!

I agree fully that the two teams concerned should and will be focussed entirely on the game and not the ref - however I have just seen too often that ref's in Antrim have too much bearing on games - and thats not a good thing! Not personal - no axe to grind - just an observation over years of games and refs! I have seen too often refs here dictating the game and personalities coming into it.

Anyway - good luck to Terry on Sunday (with the Ballycastle crowd too!) and I hope we all get a great game!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 26, 2013, 11:47:17 AM

Who carries them out?

Terry will call the fouls when he see's them, don't foul and you won't get blown up for a free, it doesn't get any easier ffs. Lets give Terry a break, and concentrate on the game ffs

Certainly not with Tommy! I always thought he was top class and if he'd have been from a bigger county and could have got a senior All-Ireland!

But the point I am making is the same in any walk of life - if the decision of the 'assessor' is deemed as definitive then there must be an assumption that he is correct. That's not always the case!

I agree fully that the two teams concerned should and will be focussed entirely on the game and not the ref - however I have just seen too often that ref's in Antrim have too much bearing on games - and thats not a good thing! Not personal - no axe to grind - just an observation over years of games and refs! I have seen too often refs here dictating the game and personalities coming into it.

Anyway - good luck to Terry on Sunday (with the Ballycastle crowd too!) and I hope we all get a great game!

Yes who assesses the assessor?? In my line of work I used to assess students work, did they meet the standards set down by the awarding body, are they competent? I was given this by doing a course and based on my past experience in that area I was deemed fit to assess the student competent or not competent. We also had an Internal verifier who checked the assessor work to ensure the assessor is marking/assessing correctly. That's my job also now and I have to answer directly to the awarding body's external verifier.

After all that I'd like to think everything is in order, I'd imagine the team of assessors in Antrim would have something like that going on, but you can ask who's assessing the external verifier and so on ffs. What we have I think is better than what went on before, and hopefully will get a lot better.

The way I hear it's done, don't quote me, is the referee committee pick who they think is best for the job for the reasons given above, these names go to the county board who give the final say, this may be a flawed way, if for instance a member of that panel does not like a certain referee because (maybe not his style as they probably haven't seen him referee to make that judgement) on personality or what someone else says.

Always ways to improve things I'm sure.