Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

In my opinion there is only a puck of a ball between Loughgiel, Ballycastle, Dunloy and Cushendall.

Honestly believe any of the four could win it this year.

btdtgtt

I think there's more than just the puck of a ball between them - especially when it comes to championship hurling.

Ballycastle might need to lose one before they win one.

Cushendall have an impressive line-up but haven't produced it lately - Dunloy seem to rise to championship as a team.

Loughgiel have the whole package & pedigree over the past few years - justifiable favourites and I don't see anybody beating them.
Although we didnt have to wait long for the annual shamrocks injury scares before games!

Jesusjones

Quote from: NAG1 on July 25, 2013, 08:06:52 AM
Quote from: Leyland on July 24, 2013, 07:29:57 PM
I'd say big pj was only one getting an email from county board regarding dates for Ulster club. It's there's to lose in my honest opinion. Loughgiel will win their 4th in a row beating cushendall in a feisty encounter. The rest are making up numbers.

On another note I heard that there was an injury concern in shamrocks camp. Any truth?

Your boys will need to improve Leyland if they are even going to make a dent in them that's for sure.

Ballycastle put a brave dent in them in the feis  :P

NAG1

Quote from: Jesusjones on July 25, 2013, 12:50:57 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 25, 2013, 08:06:52 AM
Quote from: Leyland on July 24, 2013, 07:29:57 PM
I'd say big pj was only one getting an email from county board regarding dates for Ulster club. It's there's to lose in my honest opinion. Loughgiel will win their 4th in a row beating cushendall in a feisty encounter. The rest are making up numbers.

On another note I heard that there was an injury concern in shamrocks camp. Any truth?

Your boys will need to improve Leyland if they are even going to make a dent in them that's for sure.

Would they not have been better keeping their powder dry for later in the year when it counts?
Mabye have just given LG the necessary wake up call before the big day! Only speculating  ;)

Ballycastle put a brave dent in them in the feis  :P

Mcquillans supporter

No doubt loughguile r the favourites , but as we have seen they r beatable and the only team so far to do it this year is us, our side will get there maybe not this year but its coming and loughguile team is getting on abit now, no dout they have a great panel but I couldn't see many of there reserves breaking into a senior championship team, we will all just have to wait till September and lets hope these two teams make it to the semi finals cause it's the game everyone wants to see.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Antrim league.

Dunloy 2-24 glenariffe 2-10
Not a bad game, bit dead but the aul muggy heat made it warm work for both sides.
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Ballycastle must be favourites for the championship.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 27, 2013, 10:13:52 AM
Ballycastle must be favourites for the championship in a few years time.

Fixed that for you SIE  ;D

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: BlackandAmber on July 27, 2013, 12:18:36 PM

sure they bate us in the feis. Championship is as good as won.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 27, 2013, 05:41:19 PM

They certainly did and deserved to as well but they were playin close to the top of there game and youse had'nt  got them extra gears yet.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: BlackandAmber on July 27, 2013, 07:50:24 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 27, 2013, 05:41:19 PM

They certainly did and deserved to as well but they were playin close to the top of there game and youse had'nt  got them extra gears yet.
its getting to that exiting time of the year again. I can't wait.

btdtgtt

Was at Rossa Ballycran today - altho spent more time looking over my shoulder at St. Paul's v galls!

Disappointing loss for galls - no offence intended to St. Paul's but I think the succeeded in dragging the game down in terms of stifling galls better players. I say no offence because it seemed that's what won the game. Through a fence mind you!

As for Rossa - shocking. They are like a bunch that have never met each other before. Looking to Shannon McGuinness and Beattie as county players - not on this evidence. Hamill should have been sent off twice for striking.

Anyone hear news of the young minor that was injured?

Seamroga in exile

St Johns 1-12 Shamrocks 1-21

Na Glinntí Glasa

Was looking at what games are left. We have cdall home and away, ballygalget away and ballycran at home.
This time last year the league games would of have been wrapped up, the extra games didn't make too much of a difference.
That said we had 4 games in a 2 week period which was silly. 

So now it's getting near the business end of the season and I'm looking forward to it. This championship has the potential for a few shocks tho I can't see one this weekend when lgiel play. Should win handy.
hurl like f**k boi!

manballandall

There will be no shock this weekend sadly....promotion is still our aim and even that will be tough.