Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

optimus cheese

No, the judge will decide when it and if it's heard. This isn't a defamation case, it's about unpaid (if they were at all under whatever terms the bar existed in) bills. To say sued insinuates defamation or wrongdoing, an entirely separate accusation.

Clinker

Quote from: optimus cheese on March 31, 2014, 12:17:46 AM

No, the judge will decide when it and if it's heard.

Aha haa haaa haaaa haaaaa haaaaa haaaaa haaaaaa
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Dead on.

'If you're not careful then the man will come round and shout at you.'

Scaredy Ba drivel.

Na Glinntí Glasa

good result for us. was pleased the way we played in the second half. though young campbell had a great game at right half back. shorty was brilliant, had a great game throughout the entire match. PJ O'Connell is another positive for me, shows well for the ball and isnt afraid to take a man on.

i dont think that matty warrents his place at all. far too slow esp when he was moved into full forward.

some thing good for us to build on for the summer and the championship
hurl like f**k boi!

cfclg

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 31, 2014, 08:55:59 AM
good result for us. was pleased the way we played in the second half. though young campbell had a great game at right half back. shorty was brilliant, had a great game throughout the entire match. PJ O'Connell is another positive for me, shows well for the ball and isnt afraid to take a man on.

i dont think that matty warrents his place at all. far too slow esp when he was moved into full forward.

some thing good for us to build on for the summer and the championship

I agree. Matty has the heart of a lion and is no doubt a great trainer and county man in general but definitely hasn't the build or pace to cut it at this level.

All seeing I

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 27, 2014, 03:07:44 PM
Quote from: All seeing I on March 27, 2014, 01:58:35 PM
Anyway, a little Belfast birdie told me last night that the Andersonstown News were able to publish a comprehensive list of all the Antrim Hurling Fixtures for this season!
After a bit of checking - this has been confirmed.
:o :-[

They are all available on the Antrim website - complete with a wonderful new admin moderator  ;)
You got my hopes up!!!
Went on to the website and clicked on first team in the league table and guess what!! No senior hurling league fixtures.
Surely if the Andytown News has them, then the website should have them.
Less than a week to go and no-one has a clue whether they have a game or not!!
It may have all hung on yesterday's result but surely the provisional fixtures can be published.

In addition, does anyone think those paying for advertising on the county website may be a bit p!ssed that, on the biggest day of the year so far and following such a terrific result in Ballycastle, the website is not being manned or updated on the day it is expecting it's biggest audience?

And before you say it - i am doing my bit for the county and no i am not available or qualified to help out on the website.

concrete_boots

Big Matty Just isnt good enough... think young Yaddy McNaughton could be a great addition to the forward line if he returns from New York

Na Glinntí Glasa

ive heard our fixtures for the first half of the season. away to Portaferry, ballycastle, cushendall, loughgiel, st johns and home to ballycran, ballygalget, sarsfields and st galls!

so 5 of the toughest teams all away. we had better hope we stay in the top half to get a decent home fixture this year! would love to know who thought of this.

i hope im wrong with these fixtures as we wont get a big game (no disrespect to the other teams) at home v lgiel, cdall etc till late summer.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 01, 2014, 08:55:17 AM
ive heard our fixtures for the first half of the season. away to Portaferry, ballycastle, cushendall, loughgiel, st johns and home to ballycran, ballygalget, sarsfields and st galls!

so 5 of the toughest teams all away. we had better hope we stay in the top half to get a decent home fixture this year! would love to know who thought of this.

i hope im wrong with these fixtures as we wont get a big game (no disrespect to the other teams) at home v lgiel, cdall etc till late summer.

That's where the randomness (or transparency I called it at the time) could play a big part of what side of the draw you end up especially if you're a limbo team. I'd still expect Dunloy to be in the top half though!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 01, 2014, 08:55:17 AM

If you win all your home games you should stay in top half, simples
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

Great result for Antrim at the weekend as it was very important we didn't get relegated.

But, we didn't win a single league game and still stayed up, something wrong there??

btdtgtt

It seems those pesky drunks in Casement have got everything they wanted after the suits from Croker told our County Chairman to get a grip!
No doubt the political juggernaut will do something similar soon to settle with the residents.
Hopefully a suitable solution can be found there also!
Who knows - maybe a new Casement we can all get behind!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 02, 2014, 10:42:39 AM
It seems those pesky drunks in Casement have got everything they wanted after the suits from Croker told our County Chairman to get a grip!
No doubt the political juggernaut will do something similar soon to settle with the residents.

If it's all sorted let's drop it here. We always seem to do our dirty washing in the public eye

This sky things got my gander up more now anyway. It could be the beginning of the end of the gaa as we know it. Anyone already paying for sky sports probably doesn't care

Can anyone tell me if a club put forward a motion to squash this when sky contract is up would it be brought to congress for a vote
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 02, 2014, 11:20:20 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 02, 2014, 10:42:39 AM

If it's all sorted let's drop it here. We always seem to do our dirty washing in the public eye

This sky things got my gander up more now anyway. It could be the beginning of the end of the gaa as we know it. Anyone already paying for sky sports probably doesn't care

Can anyone tell me if a club put forward a motion to squash this when sky contract is up would it be brought to congress for a vote

Sometimes doing the dirty washing in public is the only way to shame people into the correct response (that the church as a very good example)

Yes ...to me the sky deal is really worrying

Just feels like part of a staged process
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Agree on both.

Doing things in public isn't a bad thing when we cant trust what is going on behind the scenes.

The Sky deal and Casement both have that in common.

My social club/ Casement standing is clear.

In terms of Sky - I dont but for one moment this notion of promoting our games abroad when they need promoted in Ireland first and foremost.
The money is issue is obviously a hot potato and for me is only justifiable if its is handed over directly to clubs - we know this hasn't been the case!

Yet again we're back to open transparency - something which would have been provided by Congress if the suits in Croker had bothered to dignify the rest of the GAA with that!

Sad time lads - a crossroads but I fear the right road will be blocked off by the money men.

CSC

Ref SKY
Living abroad, we need it. The current systems is terrable. Sanata, pubs have to pay for a subscription, then they, Sanata, charge everybody going into the pub, and you can't watch it at home without using the usual streaming feeds. So you are forced to watch it with your kids in the pub.

My sons team has a number of kids from different ethnic backgrounds. We the parents ask where can they watch a live match, and you respond with in the pub at 9.30 in the morning, it's embarrassing.

Also, RTE needs a kick up the backside. Maybe we'll have a proper product now, with proper analysis and get away from the "my granny can run faster" bs analysis.

Additionally, any additional money that can be fed back to clubs, more the better.

When Croke was being build and they announced the corporate boxes, people were up in arms, has the gaa changed in the meantime...no.

When we opened the doors to rugby, did the gaa change....no

Now that certain matches are being televised live on SKY, will it change the gaa...no