Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Lone Shark on March 24, 2014, 02:39:08 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 24, 2014, 02:08:44 PM
Stupidity or incompetence? I'm going for incompetence. So until I hear otherwise, I believe it was an honest mistake

LS needs to outline what Antrim had to gain psychologically from doing it intentionally. Just doesn't make sense to even consider doing such a thing is going to give you an edge the next run out. I'd say all Antrim followers (including the Antrim players and coaching staff) are pretty embarrassed and apologetic about it, so its only for LS to know why an apology just won't do.

Either way it's a f**king disgrace and embarrassing.

Of course I can't outline what KR was thinking when they planned this, I can only speculate. Perhaps he was thinking that Offaly would be complacent and relaxed if they traveled to Ballycastle on the back of a big win. Perhaps he thought that the pedestrian pace of the game in the last twenty minutes would carry over into next week and Offaly would start slow in Ballycastle. Perhaps he did want to annoy Offaly and get their backs up, so they'll get drawn into a fight and lose concentration. Rest assured if I had the ability to read his thoughts I'd happily share, but that's a bit beyond me sadly. I just know it's easier to believe any of the three theories above than it is to believe that a county team got a throw in time wrong for a league match.

I do know this - the majority of Antrim supporters probably are apologetic and and embarrassed, yet they've nothing to be embarrassed or apologetic about. They were all there on time funnily enough - for God's sake they traveled up to 200 miles to go see the game - they owe nobody anything. It was the management and the organisers who should apologise, yet KR certainly didn't do that - instead he railed afterwards about how they "didn't get enough co-operation from the referee". What that's supposed to mean God only knows.

If there was an apology from any of the entities or individuals who have something to apologise for, I'd find it a lot easier to believe that the error was genuine.

And how Antrim can be 5/2 when we consider their form from their last two games at Ballycastle is something I can't fathom. That suggests a three point handicap and if I was from anywhere other than Offaly, Antrim plus three would be a cracking bet, worthy of a serious punt.

Your obviously very worried about Sunday and this has you looking for things that simply are not there
Let me put your mind at ease, you are raging hot favourites for this weekend
If KR where deploying some sort of head frying tactics yesterday it seems to have taken the reverse effect so no harm done there
Even if by some miracle Antrim break of those junior standard shackles and come out on top your still not going down as your play div2 winners
But as your a proud Offaly man imm sure your don't want lose to a bunch of Cretans who can't even get the throw in time right and imm sure your players will be of the same mindset so job done your as good as through
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Jeepers Creepers

Remember the clocks go forward on Sat / Sunday  :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 24, 2014, 03:55:12 PM
Remember the clocks go forward on Sat / Sunday  :o

Oh FFS!! bed early Sat night

And it's Mother's day !!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

I cannot countence that Antrim GAA and the senior hurlers - all 30 or so of these people - all missed;
- official croke park notification
- national newspapers
- local newspapers
- countless websites
- twitter
- GAA app
Are we really expected to believe all of these people live in a bubble sheltered by all of this information and blindly assumed a 3pm throw in time without ever thinking to check?!

Wise up!

They must have all been "on the run" with the DUP.

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

brendanbelfast

The Antrim twitter account (Brendan please comment?) made a pathetic comment about supporters complaining - and would they go to ballycastle next week?
Again I'm reminded of the website guest book - contempt for supporters.
What about those who went to tullamore to be betrayed?
What about giving them a reason to support the team in ballycastle?
What about treating paying supporters with respect?

It's not county admin job to argue with our own!
[/quote]

Again with comments about the county website guest book. I would be grateful if you could go on and cut & paste the last contemptuous comment towards a poster on the site.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brendanbelfast on March 24, 2014, 07:28:10 PM

The Antrim twitter account (Brendan please comment?) made a pathetic comment about supporters complaining - and would they go to ballycastle next week?

Again with comments about the county website guest book. I would be grateful if you could go on and cut & paste the last contemptuous comment towards a poster on the site.
[/quote]Regime change? You missed a few questions from the OP by the way.

btdtgtt

Quote from: brendanbelfast on March 24, 2014, 07:28:10 PM

[/quote]

If I get time I will try delve into it but to be honest I haven't been on it in ages - because of such comments! I didn't stop using it because I imagined them!
Do you think other posters here also imagined them?!
Fair enough if this has now ceased - I'm happy to see that!

Altho I note your post blatantly ignores the tweet I referred to which I still see as pointless abrasiveness towards other Antrim Gaels. That's fine for the bar or private conversation but not official
County twitter especially after the debacle in tullamore. It puts a poor reflection on both our support and county admin.

Apparently so

This thread is great craic

Keep er lit

btdtgtt

Quote from: Apparently so on March 24, 2014, 08:16:54 PM
This thread is great craic

Keep er lit

Wait till the mc cooeys vs the rednecks kicks off!

Or the world vs loughgiel!

brendanbelfast

If I get time I will try delve into it but to be honest I haven't been on it in ages - because of such comments! I didn't stop using it because I imagined them!

Altho I note your post blatantly ignores the tweet I referred to which I still see as pointless abrasiveness towards other Antrim Gaels. That's fine for the bar or private conversation but not official
County twitter especially after the debacle in tullamore. It puts a poor reflection on both our support and county admin.
[/quote]

Since you haven't been on the county guestbook 'in ages' maybe its not so wise to comment on the content on a fairly consistent basis?

And last night's tweet was about encouraging supporters - and alleged supporters - to get out to next weeks crucial match and support the team. The fuss and the 'aren't we awful' / 'isn't it embarrassing' comments about the team selection....it would be legitimate view to regard that as nonsense. BW didn't field anything like a full strength team, why would KR? When we played Offally in the Walsh Cup a number of U21s got a run out then, well this match was even less meaningful than that was.  This was an ideal opportunity to get a good run out for young players - they will benefit from it.

Turning up late, that seems bad form though I don't know the whys and wherefores of that one. But playing our strongest team the week before a relegation play off? Never going to happen and  rightly so I reckon.

Milltown Row2

All this fighting and the page number is  ::) ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

orangeman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 24, 2014, 10:00:31 PM

And King Billy Fraser is the dominant personality.

And an Orangeman posting on a gaaboard.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 24, 2014, 10:00:31 PM

Sure we have 1989 to look forward to
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Quote from: brendanbelfast on March 24, 2014, 09:31:27 PM

Since you haven't been on the county guestbook 'in ages' maybe its not so wise to comment on the content on a fairly consistent basis?

the fact that the comments I referred to May have been a while ago does not negate theur nature and the impression they gave of our county. I also acknowledge there had been a recent change in the type of response - that in itself perhaps shows the initial responses were less than satisfactory

And last night's tweet was about encouraging supporters - and alleged supporters - to get out to next weeks crucial match and support the team. The fuss and the 'aren't we awful' / 'isn't it embarrassing' comments about the team selection....it would be legitimate view to regard that as nonsense. BW didn't field anything like a full strength team, why would KR? When we played Offally in the Walsh Cup a number of U21s got a run out then, well this match was even less meaningful than that was.  This was an ideal opportunity to get a good run out for young players - they will benefit from it.

you are entitled to that opinion but others are just as entitled to theirs which are equally as valid - but if you believe that tweet would encourage people to attend you are severely mis-guided

Turning up late, that seems bad form though I don't know the whys and wherefores of that one. But playing our strongest team the week before a relegation play off? Never going to happen and  rightly so I reckon.
[/quote]

I'm glad you are at least able to recognise that Antrim can be in error! If however it was "never going to happen" then the team should have been published to save people the trip and admission fee if that was their choice. Both Offaly men and 2 Antrim men who could have been in Nowlan park with me rather than tullamore! And before I get castigated I was down that way for work god forgive me missing our U21s arriving late and dis-respecting a fixture we claim we don't get enough of