Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

MLR deserve a lot of respect and am sure are lads are looking no farther than the 8th of feb,   They've grinded results out against two very respectable teams to win Leinster.  And they have trained for an all Ireland before so am sure they have routine worked out and aren't new to the pressures of the big day.    If we hurl like we have been doing.  I'd fancy a win.  Anything less than are best and they've every chance   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Catch and Kick

Quote from: NAG1 on January 14, 2014, 04:16:42 PM
Id have thought LG would have liked another trip back to Parnell seemed to suit their style and system.

Dont see them having much trouble getting past ML.

Hahaha....... we will see. You can play it on the Corkey Road for all we care down here. Rangers are coming for ye....they will do their talking on the pitch....

Milltown Row2

Keiran Joyce and Sean Cummins, both Kilkenny panelist play on the team that Clooney Gaels play, Rower Inistioge. If Cummins picks up O'Connell then Gaels could be out of luck, be a tough ask and the game is in Meath at the end of the month.

Hope they get through to Croke again, great wee team

Edit: their minor team also won the Minor A grade final too!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2014, 08:28:47 PM
Keiran Joyce and Sean Cummins, both Kilkenny panelist play on the team that Clooney Gaels play, Rower Inistioge. If Cummins picks up O'Connell then Gaels could be out of luck, be a tough ask and the game is in Meath at the end of the month.

rower inistiogue beat mlr in a warm up match last week by two goals. They seem to be handy enough alright.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 14, 2014, 08:34:26 PM

rower inistiogue beat mlr in a warm up match last week by two goals. They seem to be handy enough alright.

Well, that would be enough to show most how good they are, Eddie Keher's team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2014, 08:38:43 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 14, 2014, 08:34:26 PM

Well, that would be enough to show most how good they are, Eddie Keher's team
He wasn't too shabby.  :D

Bonamargy

I think the shams will win by about 5 points. Have a guess at 3-11 to 2-09

Na Glinntí Glasa

if most lgiel fans were honest they would be mightly disappointed if they lost this semi final. they are a far better team over the entire pitch tham MLR regardless of how polite they are when referencing them :)

if i was a lgiel fan i would be expecting my team to win that game, the same as i thought when following Dunloy in the semi finals when we were at our fully best. i knew how good we were and that if we played our game we would win.

Lgiel should win this one, by at least 7  if its not a wet boggy day. if it is then it will be a tighter affair.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

This MLR team will be much more physical than anything Loughgiel have come up against in a long time. There's too much talk here of it being easy - they didn't win leinster for nothing. I think they wll give Loughgiel a tight game and if they are in any way complacent they will be beat.

That said I hope Loughgiel win but there is no room for complacency. Just look at the teams these other boys have beaten - they're not in a semi for nothing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2014, 09:33:18 AM
This MLR team will be much more physical than anything Loughgiel have come up against in a long time. There's too much talk here of it being easy - they didn't win leinster for nothing. I think they wll give Loughgiel a tight game and if they are in any way complacent they will be beat.

That said I hope Loughgiel win but there is no room for complacency. Just look at the teams these other boys have beaten - they're not in a semi for nothing.

No poster has said anything other than a Loughgiel win but if they are complacent they will find it hard, that's been the general conciseness in fairness.

Yes they beat OTB and the rest but if you were the other semi finalists MLR would be the team that you'd want, now MLR will also be happy (historically) getting the Ulster Champions. No doubt they will most definitely believe (given their recent success's) that they are well in this game and preparing to win the game rather than turn up.

I can't be anymore truthfull on this match and If I were a manager heading down to play MLR as Ulster senior Champions I'd be worried about the players mindset leading into the game as big favourites and players attitude of "it's only the Carlow Champions" I'm sure PJ and the rest (senior players) will have beat that out of them.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2014, 09:58:12 AM

I can't be anymore truthfull on this match and If I were a manager heading down to play MLR as Ulster senior Champions I'd be worried about the players mindset leading into the game as big favourites and players attitude of "it's only the Carlow Champions" I'm sure PJ and the rest (senior players) will have beat that out of them.

Yep I hope they have.

These MLR guys will bring a lot of intensity to it and are very physical. Loughgiel had that intensity 2 years ago when they won but not so much last year.

In my view if they don't match 2 years ago then they could be on a potential banana skin here.

I think they will win but I do think it's a tricky match.

Seamroga in exile

There's nothing being taken for granted in Loughgiel, that's for sure. I know the lads are training more intensively than ever and really want to atone for the second game against st Thomas' last February. It has the makings of a very tense, tight game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2014, 11:04:39 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2014, 09:58:12 AM

Yep I hope they have.

These MLR guys will bring a lot of intensity to it and are very physical. Loughgiel had that intensity 2 years ago when they won but not so much last year.

In my view if they don't match 2 years ago then they could be on a potential banana skin here.

I think they will win but I do think it's a tricky match.

You're going to laugh but I look at that MLR team and think they are like our senior team of a couple of years ago, great fitness/intensity and will to win.

The game against OTB they didn't start too well, hung in and the free taker was able to tag over a few scores, OTB's stick work was far better and MLR's was a bit like ours, couple of great hurlers and the rest decent enough but fit and strong. Loughgiel need to have that period in a match were they can tag a couple of goals and few points to pull clear, if they don't MLR will reel them in, still think though should it get tight in the end Loughgiel should have the experience to win through

imtommygunn

I only saw the first half of that game where MLR had more possession but their shooting was shocking so was surprised they won it but then seeing the highlights they just seemed to beat OTB down. I would agree - the stickwork didn't look as sharp but in saying that there are not many from up here who would look like they had could stickwork when compared to the Jacobs and the like.

Quick ball into the forwards and not getting dragged into a dogfight in the middle third of the field are essential.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2014, 11:42:44 AM
I only saw the first half of that game where MLR had more possession but their shooting was shocking so was surprised they won it but then seeing the highlights they just seemed to beat OTB down. I would agree - the stickwork didn't look as sharp but in saying that there are not many from up here who would look like they had could stickwork when compared to the Jacobs and the like.

Quick ball into the forwards and not getting dragged into a dogfight in the middle third of the field are essential.

It was a matter of a slow pitch and the younger fitter MLR outfought OLB, it was not down to skill or hurling ability but sheer exuberance of youth and will to run that extra yard that got them over the line.

Sadly for MLR I dont think this type of enthusiasm will count to the same level as it did against a mentally fragile OLB side.

They will need to bring a bit more to the table and I just dont see it in their locker.