The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on August 03, 2009, 11:21:00 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 31, 2009, 04:47:38 PM
John Daly startes his 2nd nine 10,4,4,7

How the f**k did he manage that?

Didnt he end up 20 over for the round or something? I remember seeing him hit a 7 at a par 3 near the end on the sports centre.

I done that yesterday...I don't feel as bad now !
You'll Never Walk Alone.

scud

Apparently in 1994 Kim Jong-ill (i'm so woan wee), on his first ever round of golf and without ever having taken a lesson, scored 34 at a championship course in Pyongyang - 25 lower than the next best round in history. 5 holes in one along the way!

You gotta love the North Koreans :D

heganboy

got a new set of Irons y'day and i'm loving them
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

magickingdom

Quote from: Puckoon on August 03, 2009, 11:21:00 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 31, 2009, 04:47:38 PM
John Daly startes his 2nd nine 10,4,4,7

How the f**k did he manage that?

Didnt he end up 20 over for the round or something? I remember seeing him hit a 7 at a par 3 near the end on the sports centre.

john daly once took 11 at a par 3 on the pga tour. when asked 'how did he do that?' he answered 'i missed the putt for 10' classic daly!

Rossie11

Harrington -6 after 17. 2shots ahead in the Bridgestone.
Where in the name of jaysus did he pull that round out of..

mackers

Quote from: Rossie11 on August 06, 2009, 10:29:23 PM
Harrington -6 after 17. 2shots ahead in the Bridgestone.
Where in the name of jaysus did he pull that round out of..

He was interviewed earlier in the week and said he felt very positive going into this tournament, in fairness to Padraig he doesn't do bullsh1t in that way, he has been talking down his game for most of the year.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on August 06, 2009, 07:35:25 PM
got a new set of Irons y'day and i'm loving them

What did you get?
I have stopped using my long irons,am using Hybrids now
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magickingdom

some performance by harrington ;D lowrys at the other end of the leaderboard and i have to say i was disappointed with him getting rid of shaper as his caddie.  thought his comments in todays times were poor too:

irish times:

He insists his decision to relieve his old Clara pal Dave "Shaper" Reynolds of the caddying duties and take on Byrne for last week's Moravia Silesia Open in the Czech Republic was his decision alone and nothing to do with his management company.

"It was my call," he explained. "I knew I needed someone else, someone with more experience, and Dermot became available. The information I am getting on the course is a lot better. I feel that I can commit to my shots a lot more because I am getting more information than I was getting before in terms of yardages and wind and the slopes on greens."

if he could win the irish open with reynolds he cant have been too bad..

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magickingdom on August 06, 2009, 11:24:17 PM
some performance by harrington ;D lowrys at the other end of the leaderboard and i have to say i was disappointed with him getting rid of shaper as his caddie.  thought his comments in todays times were poor too:

irish times:

He insists his decision to relieve his old Clara pal Dave "Shaper" Reynolds of the caddying duties and take on Byrne for last week's Moravia Silesia Open in the Czech Republic was his decision alone and nothing to do with his management company.

"It was my call," he explained. "I knew I needed someone else, someone with more experience, and Dermot became available. The information I am getting on the course is a lot better. I feel that I can commit to my shots a lot more because I am getting more information than I was getting before in terms of yardages and wind and the slopes on greens."

if he could win the irish open with reynolds he cant have been too bad..

The girlfriend will get the boot next,amazing how success changes a person
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Lowry is getting help with propping up the field by "wonder-kid" McIlroy.

I "wonder" where his form went.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

magickingdom

should be some great telly for the next 3 1/2 hours or so, harry and woods going head to head

The Real Laoislad

Great link here to watch it online,near perfect quality

http://www.justin.tv/scuba3steve
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Jesus even when Woods hits a bad shot he gets a lucky break,most of the time that ball would have been buried in the trees but it bounces out onto the fairway for Tiger
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tatler Jack

Impresssed with Harrington - not at all intimidated and in fact it is Woods who looks like he is feeling the pressure.

The Real Laoislad

C'mon Harry....all level now!
You'll Never Walk Alone.