The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatler Jack

Yes - one poor shot (his second) has cost him. Amazing as he had played very sensibly up to this.

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

magickingdom

gerry

anyone see him and Rory McIlroy play in lough erne, in enniskillen on bbc2 today
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

The Watcher Pat

Scuba gear on Gerry?

Maybe he likes the water then...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

gerry

gerry

rootthemout

have to feel for ph played really well until 16th hole were poor second shot cost him

magickingdom

fair play to harry for 17 and 18, he must have been sick. in fairness one shot cost him - the second on the 16th

Treasurer

Quote from: Treasurer on August 09, 2009, 10:27:47 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on August 09, 2009, 10:20:09 PM
Harrington was 5/1 after 10 holes. I have a modest bet on him at that price!! Could go anyway

I know someone has him at 100/1, can't believe I haven't a piece of it!

Oops, looks like I jinxed that one!

Capt Pat

That shot was terrible on 16, you would be laughing at your own playing partners if they played a shot that bad at the local pitch and putt course. Those choke comments are really going to get to him as he sits in his 5 star hotel room waiting to defend the USPGA championship next week.

Eastern_Pride

What did he finish on in the end, i couldn't watch after that eagle...
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

orangeman

Tiger's approach to the 16th using an 8 iron with 182 yards to go, little by way of green to work with was as good a shot as I have seen played on a golf course. 4 shot turnaround. Felt sorry for Harrington when he chipped into the water after that. But you just have to stand back and admire the Tiger.

DennistheMenace

Must be the Dublin mentality.

Hound

One awful hole after a really solid round from Harrington. His back 9 on Saturday was immense, to go 3 clear after Tiger had pulled level. And then on Sunday to go ahead after being 2 behind showed real character. But the 16th was a disaster - a real pity and an anti-climatic end - would have been great to see them go down the 17th all square.