Started by HiMucker, June 13, 2022, 09:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 25, 2022, 11:05:11 PM
Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on June 25, 2022, 10:55:19 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 25, 2022, 10:45:28 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 25, 2022, 10:33:26 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 25, 2022, 03:42:28 PM
Another first game of a double header infront huge swathes of empty seats. This game should have been in portlaoise or navan.

Lots of derry supporter missed the start of the game.
Huge tailbacks in Armagh, the toll on the motorway and there were reports of the main drumcondra road being closed.
Apparantly there's a Gay Pride march in Dublin tonight too so more than usual traffic.

Little to no traffic in around CP though.

The thing that irked me more than that though was why was there no national anthem before the Derry V Clare game, but for Dublin they had the band out and the anthem. Where's the equality in that!

Amhrán na bhFiann is always played before the 2nd match.

Is there a rule that the National Anthem can only be played once per day in any venue?

I think it's very disrespectful.
It gives the impression that the teams in the first match are not worthy of the National Anthem.

On a separate note, ticket allocations looked very suspect. Derry seemed to pushed into the four corners around CP.
Would there be a geo-tag on Ticketmaster directing the northern support into the perceived lesser seats at HQ?

I wouldn't mind been in row Z if our lads could get 1 win in Croke Park (championship) since 1980. Youse hoors disappear of the face of the earth since 2004 & now have a serious chance of winning the All Ireland. Be happy man, would love to be in your position.

Farrandeelin

Another first game of a double header infront huge swathes of empty seats. This game should have been in portlaoise or navan.

Huge tailbacks in Armagh, the toll on the motorway and there were reports of the main drumcondra road being closed.
Apparantly there's a Gay Pride march in Dublin tonight too so more than usual traffic.

The thing that irked me more than that though was why was there no national anthem before the Derry V Clare game, but for Dublin they had the band out and the anthem. Where's the equality in that!

Is there a rule that the National Anthem can only be played once per day in any venue?

There is surely.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tbrick18

Quote from: Rudi on June 25, 2022, 11:23:12 PM

It gives the impression that the teams in the first match are not worthy of the National Anthem.

On a separate note, ticket allocations looked very suspect. Derry seemed to pushed into the four corners around CP.
Would there be a geo-tag on Ticketmaster directing the northern support into the perceived lesser seats at HQ?

I wouldn't mind been in row Z if our lads could get 1 win in Croke Park (championship) since 1980. Youse hoors disappear of the face of the earth since 2004 & now have a serious chance of winning the All Ireland. Be happy man, would love to be in your position.

Good point, well made

Wildweasel74

Derry more open at the bck hence the goal chances, with Rodgers playing at Midfield, he's better coming from deep. Other side of that, Glass acts as the attacking midfielder and can score. Derry should had another 5 odd points, too much f**king around, taking too much out of the ball, trying for goals when we had 5 already. Think a few of the forwards lucky we haven't more scoring power on the bench. Needs look where to play bradley, too good not to start.

Captain Obvious

Unless they come up against poorly organised teams Clare normally only score between 10 to 15 points in the majority of their league or championship matches. Scoring total of 14 today. Derry and Rory Gallagher knew a few early goals and game would be as good as over.

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2022, 11:19:52 PM
Welcome to Croke Park..........it's all about the Dubs and your money!

If you think otherwise you'll soon learn after a few trips.
+1.
If it wasn't the Dublin Cork match would have been in Thurles or Limerick.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2022, 11:54:33 PM
Derry more open at the bck hence the goal chances, with Rodgers playing at Midfield, he's better coming from deep. Other side of that, Glass acts as the acting midfielder and can score. Derry should had another 5 odd points, too much f**king around, taking too much out of the ball, trying for goals when we had 5 already. Think a few of the forwards lucky we haven't more scoring power on the bench. Needs look where to play bradley, too good not to start.

What's story of naming Bradley but not starting him.

This has happened a few times before.

thewobbler

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2022, 11:54:33 PM
Derry more open at the bck hence the goal chances, with Rodgers playing at Midfield, he's better coming from deep. Other side of that, Glass acts as the acting midfielder and can score. Derry should had another 5 odd points, too much f**king around, taking too much out of the ball, trying for goals when we had 5 already. Think a few of the forwards lucky we haven't more scoring power on the bench. Needs look where to play bradley, too good not to start.

I take it you refer to your drink as half empty, even when it's brimming?

onefineday

Quote from: marty34 on June 25, 2022, 10:52:52 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 25, 2022, 10:48:47 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 25, 2022, 10:43:33 PM

Why was there tailbacks in Armagh?

Because it's a curse to get through. Coming into Armagh the wee shopping centre always has traffic, then roundabouts and lights the whole way through.

Bit mad going that way.

Handier down the motorway to Belfast.
Exactly, didn't know anyone still went via Armagh, on a great day traffic wise it will get you to Dublin in the almost the same time as going via Belfast, but 90% of the time it takes a lot, lot longer.

onefineday

No geo-tag, but bit of a joke that we were pushed into crappy corner areas when the whole upper Hogan was empty.
I'm quite sure there are primarily financial motivations behind it.

Armagh18

Quote from: onefineday on June 25, 2022, 06:58:30 PM
Clare are a solid d2 team, been there since 2016 and this is their 2nd quarter since then, with 2 of those years not having quarter finals, so I'd say most of those comments deriding them are a touch misplaced. They beat meath and rossies to get here, not many tailteann teams would do that. They'll obviously struggle against the very top teams, like most counties, but give them some respect. They had an off day against a team hungry for more success.
Clare a very decent side and would probably benefit from some sort of intermediate competition. They're more than holding their own in hurling and football so fair play to them- still out of their depth at the business end of the championship though.

screenexile

Just thought it was a very professional performance yesterday we weren't at our best but we're ruthless when the chance presented itself.

Yea Clare were poor but we outworked them and imposed our game on them to the extent they couldn't cope.

Why oh why oh why the conceded the short kick out to us time and time again is a complete mystery. It's a glaring weakness for us yet I can't remember any stage where Lynch didn't have an easy pass and we strolled down the field. Was like feeding buns to bears as a great man once said!! 😉

Derryman forever

An observation frommyself to those who say Derry have learned nothing today.
I have watched their young players grow in stature from game to game.
I would draw attention to Paul Cassidy , every game he grows more confident and displays more of his skill and Natural Talent.  Also , Ethan Doherty growing to be one of the best link men in the Game. Connor mc cluskey whose Running now with more confidence and vision in each game.
This is not the Derry team that played Tyrone Monaghan or Donegal. Every game they have came away a better team than they started. I don't know how much further they can go but I do know this team want to find that out, and are a joy to be supporting.
This team learned that Croke park is just another venue and another challenge.

onefineday

Anyone know if sky show full replays of yesterday's games later in the week?

Champion The Wonder Horse

No need to be anywhere near Armagh or Belfast.

Moneymore
Drummullan
Stewartstown
On to the M1 at tamnamore, then off at the next exit.
Richhill
Hamiltonsbawn
Back on to main road at Markethill.

Cuts out cookstown, dungannon, moy and Armagh.