Boris Johnson

Started by imtommygunn, January 19, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Made of teflon - going nowhere.

I'd be more than happy to be wrong...

Main Street

Keep him there, he's a shambles locally but he's made Britain great again in Ukraine.

thewobbler

The smoothest path to a United Ireland we may ever find comes in the form of Johnson taking his orders from the greedy while fronting the Tories.

Johnson has proven he will quite happily grin and lie to anyone and everyone about everything, as long as his backers get richer as a result. Once Brexit and Covid and Ukraine settle a little, their shameless, remorseless greed will look for new avenues to pillage. How to cream billions in contracts for handing over an Ni problem they care little for, could well be low hanging fruit.

imtommygunn

Has he finally gone too far?? Sounds like wagons are circling within the tory party. I will believe it when I see it mind you.

quit yo jibbajabba

Whats this based on Tommy? Other than big Richard Osman asking who would be the next PM i cant see anything online.

Be nice timing what with our maj's big weekend 😃

imtommygunn

They seem to be approaching the number of letters required for a no confidence vote.

yellowcard

I would say its more wishful thinking than anything. Those Tory right wing ERG types are happy to leave a lying, incompetent, bungling Boris in charge as cover while their ailing economy lags behind other leading nations post Brexit. He'll soon find another distraction in the form of the EU, immigration, foreign policy or the Ukraine war. His only objective at this stage is to survive past the Tory party conference in the Autumn so they will leave him in post until he becomes so toxic that he has to go. 

quit yo jibbajabba

Excellent 😎
Just be another cnut in his place tho tbh

mouview

It's very divisive (thankfully) for the Tories though, and the ERG isn't the whole party - there is a fair centralist rump also, and all of them looking over their shoulders into their constituencies at their election rivals, particularly those with slender majorities.

Not good when 'Loathsome' is turning on BJ,  a No Confidence vote within a week definitely in play now. .

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/andrea-leadsom-accuses-boris-johnson-of-unacceptable-failings-of-leadership-ftq3756qx

Wildweasel74

The problem with a strong SNP is, it takes away a no of possible labour votes required to ever put the tories out.

Eire90

all none tory parties like labour snp lib dems  green sdlp should  form alliance as a matter of national emergency to get  the tories out next election wont happen tho.

johnnycool

A lot of talk about Carrie and her Abba themed party in Downing Street and allegedly in Chequers which haven't been investigate at all.

How both Sue Gray and her not so independent report and the Met failed to investigate the Abba one is the thing that's still to come out.

Cummings is still in the background drip feeding the media and evidently a lot of the lower ranks in Downing street that did receive the fines are pissed off at being the ones to take the fall and will spill the beans in time.

But "Boris got all the big decisions right" is still the mantra,   ::)

keep her low this half

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 31, 2022, 11:23:43 PM
The problem with a strong SNP is, it takes away a no of possible labour votes required to ever put the tories out.
No it doesn't, every single SNP MP will vote against Boris. The problem with Labour is no policies, no energy and no charisma from their leader

johnnycool

Q&A with mumsnet (I didn't realise it was a thing) going well with Boris;

Starter for 10.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1531969453306654721

armaghniac

Quote from: johnnycool on June 01, 2022, 08:48:54 AM
A lot of talk about Carrie and her Abba themed party in Downing Street and allegedly in Chequers which haven't been investigate at all.

Abba weren't really there, only holograms and they can't get Covid. Or something like that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B