Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 17, 2022, 11:04:22 AM
Will Clones be close to 30k for the final?

With Derry involved, probably not. Donegal are well used to Ulster finals now and there won't be an especial buzz there either.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

Quote from: armaghniac on May 17, 2022, 11:25:12 AM

With Derry involved, probably not. Donegal are well used to Ulster finals now and there won't be an especial buzz there either.

I tgink there'll be a real good crowd in for it.

Derry in a first final for years and Donegal looking another Ulster title. Armagh was full on Sunday so no reason to doubt Clones will be the same in a few weeks.
Is there a match on before it?

Redhand Santa

This feels very different for Derry. 10 years since being in a final and no wins since 98 and going in with a very strong chance of winning it. I'd expect them to bring there largest crowd to a match in a very long time.

seanyb

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 17, 2022, 11:43:05 AM

This feels very different for Derry. 10 years since being in a final and no wins since 98 and going in with a very strong chance of winning it. I'd expect them to bring there largest crowd to a match in a very long time.

Agree, having been at the Monaghan game I've never heard that Derry support for 20 years nearly! Expect a huge Derry following next Sunday

Walter Cronc

Quote from: marty34 on May 17, 2022, 11:38:24 AM

I tgink there'll be a real good crowd in for it.

Derry in a first final for years and Donegal looking another Ulster title. Armagh was full on Sunday so no reason to doubt Clones will be the same in a few weeks.
Is there a match on before it?

Think minor final is before it. Likely Derry v Tyrone, albeit Derry captain done his cruciate the poor cub.

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 17, 2022, 09:13:09 AM
Quote from: twohands!!! on May 16, 2022, 09:54:33 PM
12,451 at the Leinster Hurling Minor Final between Offaly and Laois.
The novel pairing helped but still fair going for a Monday evening.

Great to see, fantastic to see 2 second tier counties play get that exposure

Hope the bean counters in Croke Park take note and see that they might get some return on their investment if they bother to help the likes of Laois up a bit further in their development.

Offaly seem to be making the right moves, but as the Dubs will attest there's a lot of road to run yet before they finally make it as a proper tier one hurling county again.

Loughshore2022

The last time I was in Clones McKaigue made his championship debut (2008) and now he is the oldest player. I've been to 3 Derry games in 10 years. I think if Derry win it will be a bit of an anti climax feeling, I think it is the children who would enjoy things more. I went to the Ulster Final in 2000 when I was 8, I have good memories of it but still would have been better if Derry had won.

fearsiuil

snoopdog

Quote from: fearsiuil on May 20, 2022, 12:48:33 PM
Wonder will ticket price affect turnout at the Munster final.  :o

https://twitter.com/bombergriff/status/1527263310881640451?s=21&t=_vYrY4Mkf1KYzHc4FqXssw
Champions league final 50 euro. Id be surprised if that's trut. They were 200 euro face called 10 years ago. But a provincial final should not be 40 euro. 25 is more than enough for a seat and 15 to stand.  The GAA have got very cheeky with pricing considering most ground aren't worth the cost.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snoopdog on May 20, 2022, 01:15:37 PM

https://twitter.com/bombergriff/status/1527263310881640451?s=21&t=_vYrY4Mkf1KYzHc4FqXssw
Champions league final 50 euro. Id be surprised if that's trut. They were 200 euro face called 10 years ago. But a provincial final should not be 40 euro. 25 is more than enough for a seat and 15 to stand.  The GAA have got very cheeky with pricing considering most ground aren't worth the cost.

Munster hurling final yes, I'll pay that, the football final will not be exciting if any of the games so far have shown
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

5 euro more for standing and seated tickets than the Connacht and Leinster finals and i thought those were over priced.

Quote from: snoopdog on May 20, 2022, 01:15:37 PM

Champions league final 50 euro. Id be surprised if that's true. They were 200 euro face called 10 years ago.

A quick search.

The prices for tickets in UEFA's general public ballot vary from €70 (£59.40, $72.90) to €690 (£585.70, $718.30) depending on category of ticket.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Redhand Santa

There definitely seems to be a policy at the minute of charging the very most they can for every game. No thoughts into trying to maximise attendances which should be the aim. 40 euro for Kerry Limerick is ridiculous. I assume it's only this amount so they can charge the same into the hurling which they expect to fill at those prices.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 20, 2022, 01:27:50 PM
There definitely seems to be a policy at the minute of charging the very most they can for every game. No thoughts into trying to maximise attendances which should be the aim. 40 euro for Kerry Limerick is ridiculous. I assume it's only this amount so they can charge the same into the hurling which they expect to fill at those prices.

If I want I can watch it on a streamed site or if its on tv for free why would you pay 40 euro !! And it will be justification for the hurling final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleaflad

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 19, 2022, 05:49:32 PM
The last time I was in Clones McKaigue made his championship debut (2008) and now he is the oldest player. I've been to 3 Derry games in 10 years. I think if Derry win it will be a bit of an anti climax feeling, I think it is the children who would enjoy things more. I went to the Ulster Final in 2000 when I was 8, I have good memories of it but still would have been better if Derry had won.
As someone who's been to the majority of county games in the same time, it'd be far from an anticlimactic experience. The county would absolutely love to win an Ulster title. With respect, it'd mean a lot more to Derry than Donegal for me, given their relatively recent provincial success. 

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: oakleaflad on May 20, 2022, 02:42:18 PM
Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 19, 2022, 05:49:32 PM
As someone who's been to the majority of county games in the same time, it'd be far from an anticlimactic experience. The county would absolutely love to win an Ulster title. With respect, it'd mean a lot more to Derry than Donegal for me, given their relatively recent provincial success.

Derry wont be bate