Trolls/trolling

Started by Milltown Row2, November 21, 2016, 08:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Main Street

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on November 21, 2016, 08:51:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2016, 08:44:32 PM
What motivates a troll?
Posters like yourself, replying to them.

In the main I don't, I use the ignore function
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

My guess would be:

1. Boredom
2. Personal entertainment
3. Sadism
4. Loneliness
5. Something else
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

Kids you can understand but a ~50 year old grown man doing the amount of trolling that is done here has serious issues.

redzone

Looks like a few trolls don't realise they are one

The Stallion

Some people on here seem to have a bizarre obsession with the concept of trolling.

imtommygunn

Also some people who are perceived as trolls may just be idiots...

ziggysego

Quote from: Zulu on November 21, 2016, 09:03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVhxcpItk_M

Would have been funnier if the gag wasn't spoilt in the YouTube title. Well maybe funnier wasn't the right word.
Testing Accessibility

Frank_The_Tank

What motivates a troll?

I would be guilty of biting to some posts but there are certain posts which it is very hard to just ignore.  I wrote a quick javascript function which removes posts from a certain user...would need to update it though as it still picks up there messages if another poster quotes them... :)
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

muppet

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on November 21, 2016, 10:46:04 PM
What motivates a troll?

I would be guilty of biting to some posts but there are certain posts which it is very hard to just ignore.  I wrote a quick javascript function which removes posts from a certain user...would need to update it though as it still picks up there messages if another poster quotes them... :)

Cool! I compiled a string of characters that equated precisely to their usernames and put them on the ignore list. It took me less time than it did to write this sentence. How long did your javascript function take?
MWWSI 2017

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: muppet on November 21, 2016, 10:50:06 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on November 21, 2016, 10:46:04 PM
What motivates a troll?

Cool! I compiled a string of characters that equated precisely to their usernames and put them on the ignore list. It took me less time than it did to write this sentence. How long did your javascript function take?

Took me approx 2 mins to write the js function
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience