The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Poor enough today but important win.
Thought Villa should have had a penalty for that Alisson challenge.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on December 11, 2021, 04:55:11 PM

Didn't think so myself, but will have another look.

Gerrard has Villa very well organized. Cash at right back looks a decent player.

Salah had one of those days when he just doesn't make the right choice, but he still won the game.

Thought Thiago wasn't great either after a few excellent performances.

Armamike

Thiago gives the ball away too often for a supposedly strong technical player.  Not just talking about ambitious passes that don't come off, but pretty sloppy misplaced passes. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

From the Bunker

Thiago's time at Bayern was plagued with injuries - he has been pretty much the same at Liverpool. When you get injured often - you lose some of your intensity and poise.

supersub

Disagree about the passing. Think it is very good the majority of the time. Where he struggles is the physicality and in the tackle. It's been evident since his first few games. Half a second late in the challenge a lot of time. Sharp on the ball but not as sharp without. Still a fantastic player and a good asset to the team.

quit yo jibbajabba

Thiago and Fab have played together 16 times winning 15 drawing 1. F41 A6 - just saw in the twitter.

I think he thinks its too easy at times and underestimates the intensity of the Premiership and thus is guaranteed nearly to get caught in possession once or twice a game. On form he is some operator

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on December 11, 2021, 04:55:11 PM
I thought that on first look, but when you see the replay Ings actually pushes Matip into Alison at the start so should have been a free out.
Alison gets enough of a hand on the ball then for it not to be a penalty anyway, there was very little in it. Ings apealled more in hope than any real belief it was a foil.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Dire Ear

Armagh18

Couldn't have been much handier for Liverpool and Chelsea

Dire Ear

Benfica v Real Madrid
Villarreal v Manchester City
Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
Red Bull Salzburg v Liverpool
Inter Milan v Ajax
Sporting Lisbon v Juventus
Chelsea v Lille
PSG v Manchester United

laoislad

Could the draw be redone yet? Plenty of talk about it.

Boycey

Sounds like the guy running the F1 yesterday did the Champions League draw this morning...

laoislad

Quote from: Dire Ear on December 13, 2021, 11:32:40 AM
Could be a lot worse...
It might be if the draw goes ahead again! Though I'd fancy Liverpool to beat any of the 2nd seeds.

Boycey